Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Remember That Time..." Thread

Sacks 'n' Stuff

On 7/24/2018 at 12:42 PM, OVCChairman said:

No you were.  I was referencing the play on Monday Night originally where Taylor lit him up and forced the incomplete pass.  This one was different than the one I was thinking at first.... but still fun to watch :D

That MNF one was Patrick Crayton.

I remember, because of the terrible sound it created, like a hard door slam on a military hummer. Crayton was running, then in a blink, Crayton wasn't running, and the ball was fluttering through the air like debris from an explosion.

Iirc even John Madden was like "****, I think he killed him..."

The 35-7 game was definitely Glenn, when he got smacked near the sideline. But all their receivers were getting crunched. Pretty sure after the game, he complained that the Skins DB's were headhunting. I was lol'ing hard at my Cowboys fan friends at school the next day (I was 17 back then), because I remember one specific quote, "They were trying to hurt me."

:rofl89:

On 7/24/2018 at 12:45 AM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Remember the time Chris Cooley caught three touchdowns against the Cowboys to win me the fantasy football championship and $500?

We beat the dog **** out of the Cowboys in that game

Was this game before or after they made horsecollar tackles illegal?  I saw two on Portis in the first 10 minutes of that video, the second one looked to injure him.  Classic Roy Williams tackling style.

7 minutes ago, armstrong001 said:

Was this game before or after they made horsecollar tackles illegal?  I saw two on Portis in the first 10 minutes of that video, the second one looked to injure him.  Classic Roy Williams tackling style.

I don't think it was a penalty yet...or it wasn't called very often. I think what brought that penalty to the forefront was when Owens was hurt in 2004. I think it was a two-step process though with the rule going into effect for 2005 but being very specific. By 2006 or 2007 it was what we see now. 

So, for the plays you saw, it was probably pretty common for them to not be flagged. 

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't think it was a penalty yet...or it wasn't called very often. I think what brought that penalty to the forefront was when Owens was hurt in 2004. I think it was a two-step process though with the rule going into effect for 2005 but being very specific. By 2006 or 2007 it was what we see now. 

So, for the plays you saw, it was probably pretty common for them to not be flagged. 

I figured, since they weren't being flagged and they were pretty obvious.  It is amazing more guys didn't get hurt on those plays.  Especially the ones where the defender falls on the back of the legs, pulling the runner down backwards.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:50 AM, SkinssRvA said:

Remember when Kirk kneeled it instead of spiking it at the end of halftime?  Absolutely hilarious in retrospect.  

What was the other similar thing he did at the end of a half? It was against the Eagles too, I believe. It was also hilariously stupid.

On 7/30/2018 at 11:50 AM, SkinssRvA said:

Remember when Kirk kneeled it instead of spiking it at the end of halftime?  Absolutely hilarious in retrospect.  

I remember Brian Mitchell kneeling down for a touchback, but the only problem was he was on the 4 yard line. Forget what game it was but do remember getting up and screaming at the tv "run you idiot, RUN"! 

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

What was the other similar thing he did at the end of a half? It was against the Eagles too, I believe. It was also hilariously stupid.

He took a sack and fumbled on a play that started with just a couple seconds. I think it was against NY actually. 

But it was basically the type of play where the QB throws it into or through the end zone within 2 seconds so it's either a TD or there's enough time to kick a FG. Not only didn't he throw it, he rolled out, pumped the ball, and ultimately took a sack and fumbled as time ran out. 

I was at a game at RFK.  We were playing the Giants.  The Giants had the ball first and goal at the 1yd line, due to a penalty.  I was sitting in the end zone between the goal posts when this play happened.

Somebody must have pissed off Dave Butz because the grabbed the centers facemask and threw him to the ground.  Then he did the same to the fullback and swallowed the running back for a 3 yard loss.  Unfortunately flags flew, but it was an awesome thing to see.  

7 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

He took a sack and fumbled on a play that started with just a couple seconds. I think it was against NY actually. 

But it was basically the type of play where the QB throws it into or through the end zone within 2 seconds so it's either a TD or there's enough time to kick a FG. Not only didn't he throw it, he rolled out, pumped the ball, and ultimately took a sack and fumbled as time ran out. 

Yes! That was the play!! Thank you! I've been trying to find it. It was so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU_MA8-iIZE

10 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Yes! That was the play!! Thank you! I've been trying to find it. It was so bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU_MA8-iIZE

Not nearly as bad as the knee, but another example of no situational awareness. 

I will say, when any QB starts 48 consecutive games, I'm sure you could dig up a handful of these types of plays. 

11 hours ago, kingarthur65 said:

I was at a game at RFK.  We were playing the Giants.  The Giants had the ball first and goal at the 1yd line, due to a penalty.  I was sitting in the end zone between the goal posts when this play happened.

Somebody must have pissed off Dave Butz because the grabbed the centers facemask and threw him to the ground.  Then he did the same to the fullback and swallowed the running back for a 3 yard loss.  Unfortunately flags flew, but it was an awesome thing to see.  

I think that man was angry whenever he was on the field. He was a monster. 

I’m going to go with a bad one here just because I feel I’m too optimistic for the season and I need a bit of a downer lol. Remember when the Redskins were well on their way to beating the undefeated Saints, there was like 2 minutes and change or so left in the game and ALL the Skins had to do was make a FG? Yep Shaun Suisham missed a 23 yard FG attempt to ice the game and of course Drew Brees led them to an OT win. I remember right after he missed the FG, I threw the remote into the floor and said “we just lost.” What makes this even worse is that Shaun Suisham ended up having several good seasons with the Steelers of all the places to play and do well as a kicker... but that’s kind of what happens with a lot of kickers we cut.

14 minutes ago, dahibachi said:

I’m going to go with a bad one here just because I feel I’m too optimistic for the season and I need a bit of a downer lol. Remember when the Redskins were well on their way to beating the undefeated Saints, there was like 2 minutes and change or so left in the game and ALL the Skins had to do was make a FG? Yep Shaun Suisham missed a 23 yard FG attempt to ice the game and of course Drew Brees led them to an OT win. I remember right after he missed the FG, I threw the remote into the floor and said “we just lost.” What makes this even worse is that Shaun Suisham ended up having several good seasons with the Steelers of all the places to play and do well as a kicker... but that’s kind of what happens with a lot of kickers we cut.

Kareem. Moore.

Archived