Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SCOTUS: No longer content with stacking, they're now dealing from the bottom of the deck

Burgold

They can complete the investigation and still have time to vote before the mid-terms.  I fail to see why they wouldnt push for an investigation......unless they know what it'll say.  

They would love for her to not testify so they dont have to deal with it.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Yes.  Both are snow.  And at some point, the last snowflake causes the avalanche.  

tommy.gif

On a related note, I have a few questions about political fealty... What's up with that? I mean, what's that like? Did you one day go, "You know, logic and principles are pretty overrated" or are you not even aware?

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Just now, visionary said:

Alternatively: more info that establishes the type of person he was and the type of people he hung out with. 

Does he know those people?

At this point, Ford needs to be specific about what she needs in order to testify.  Simply saying "promises, and not monday" arent enough.  Be specific and let the Senate respond.

58 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Right.  That's happened with Kennedy on the bench.  Nothing changes when he's replaced with BK.

Wow. What was it, two posts to go from claiming that the GOP will never get rid of abortion to claiming that they've been doing it for decades therefore we should just do it more. 

I thought twa was the only person who could move a goalpost that quick. 

Just now, Larry said:

Wow. What was it, two posts to go from claiming that the GOP will never get rid of abortion to claiming that they've been doing it for decades therefore we should just do it more. 

I thought twa was the only person who could move a goalpost that quick. 

I said they wont get rid of Roe.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

So when?  And what terms?

I assume that would be discussed with the judiciary committee.

First rule of negotiations - don't negotiate with yourself.

Besides, aren't we anti-grandstanding?  Her making a bunch of demands in public would be grandstanding.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

I assume that would be discussed with the judiciary committee.

First rule of negotiations - don't negotiate with yourself.

Besides, aren't we anti-grandstanding?  Her making a bunch of demands in public would be grandstanding.

Fair point.  I just dont like the idea of her sitting back waiting for the Senate to offer options only for her to say "no that's not good enough": over and over.

Just now, Larry said:

And I pointed out that they already are. And you agreed. 

I must have missed that ruling overturning Roe.  Could you link it for us?  Or are you trying to say that other rulings that are limiting abortions is the same thing as overturning Roe?  

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Fair point.  I just dont like the idea of her sitting back waiting for the Senate to offer options only for her to say "no that's not good enough": over and over.

I agree, and part of me wants the negotiations in the public eye because frankly I do not trust Grassley or his people to offer anything remotely resembling fair terms, but at the same time, these things still generally happen behind closed doors.

If they break down, we'll get two versions of what happened, and boy that'll be fun.

• Like 1