Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

is Trumpism helping or harming the position of Christianity in America?

mcsluggo

1 hour ago, Skins24 said:

Some have (I just google'd 'Christians Against Trump'.) But no one cares or listens, so it's not newsworthy....

I've read essays from a lot of religious leaders, to be fair. We've had quite a few of them posted here.
I think many local leaders have done what they can.. it's the everyone else. The rank and file, the gigantic population of American Christians of all denominations.  With all he has done that is straight sacrilegious (not counting the criminal stuff), if the rank and file rose up they could drown him out in seconds. It is their faith he is soiling. I guess I haven't seen the overwhelming outrage I thought it might, should garner.

Maybe folks feel powerless, or that this is somehow a normal political thing.  it isn't like history hasn't shown us plenty of that.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

On 3/24/2024 at 10:21 AM, Simmsy said:

Meth works better, I'd condone meth over church.

At least drugs are a straightforward vice. They don't come promising salvation, just a temporary escape that will eventually kill you.

• Thumb up 1

17 hours ago, The Sisko said:

At least drugs are a straightforward vice. They don't come promising salvation, just a temporary escape that will eventually kill you.

Yeah, and I can get meth in 5 minutes, church is two hours.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...