Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ThinkProgress: Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week (Also the Trade War thread)

No Excuses

100 percent hysteria surrounding tariffs from the media.  Just constant hyateria

Meanwhile, absolutely ZERO actual analysis from any of the large media outlets as to what the tariffs are, and why Trump is talking about them

As someone who grew up in Japan and never even SAW an American made durable good until I was 13 years old and back in the US, the anal raping that the US has taken on global trade since the 1970s has always been an important issue to me.

Chinas rise based on the manipulation of their currency, their theft of intellectual property, companies like samsung absolutely criminally ripping off american companies, walled off markets in Japan, Europe, Asia, since the 1970s.  Elon Musk speaks out and is immediately turned into a right wing villian within 4 weeks or so.

Presidents like Reagan made these stupid deals so we could shore up support against Russia, Bush and Clinton continued them, and then Bush and Obama ignored them so as not to rock the boat.

I do not understand nor will I ever the medias hysteria.  Lets unpack this.  Lets look at it.  We are getting ****ed in the ass on the world stage and nobody cares and everyone seems to love it.

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

The steel is from Russia.

Then is it a steel mill?  Or a fabrication plant?  I thought a "steel mill" was a place that made steel.  

Edited by Larry

Moore is worried the tariffs might cost him his job. The mill where he works, NLMK Pennsylvania, in the town of Farrell, not far from the border with Ohio, employs 750 workers and is a subsidiary of Novolipetsk Steel, or NLMK, Russia's top steelmaker.

But even though NLMK is creating American jobs, the company is being hit with a 25 percent tariff on steel because it imports raw steel slabs from Russia before turning them into coils in Pennsylvania and then selling that steel to customers that manufacture cars or pipes, for example.

Bill Almashy, a 48-year-old crane operator at the mill, worries that NLMK might not be able to survive the tariffs.

He knows what it is like to lose a steel mill job. This is the third mill he has worked at in recent years. One of the previous mills went bankrupt; the other moved most of its jobs to Mexico. Along the way, Almashy lost his home, his pension and his 401(k).

1 hour ago, Bang said:

I absolutely hate that this guy "represents" American values.

Hate it.

~Bang

Except he does. Well, 50% of it.  Trump is the representation of those who voted him.

It's time the G6 stop being *******. Trumpmerca isn't their freind. This America seeks the complete subjugation of the G6 to meet Comrade Trump's demands.  The G6 can really stick to this evil empire that we now live in.  

Start with getting off the dollar as the world's main currency and call in all that U.S. they may own.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 1