Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ThinkProgress: Trump confidant dumped millions in steel-related stock last week (Also the Trade War thread)

No Excuses

Man, i swear,,  is it just me, or does reading about his amazing negotiating skills in action just give you a thrill?

Better than sex, shurnuff.

~MAGA

PS, to my count that is two Harley plants gone.
who needs 'em! Traitors!
I'm a-gonna be riding my brand new вредный дайвинг сын

Edited by Bang
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The craptastic immigration policy, combined with the dumbest trade war ever is really going to be a winner for the Republicans in November.

Trade wars are really easy to spin.  It's really tough to tell who started it, who's winning, or who's to blame for any individual effect.  

All of this makes it really easy to spin, to an electorate who thinks two sentences is too long an explanation.  

So, if you think this is gonna translate into a tidal wave of voter outrage, I suggest that you not bet much on that one.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Trade wars are really easy to spin.  It's really tough to tell who started it, who's winning, or who's to blame for any individual effect.  

All of this makes it really easy to spin, to an electorate who thinks two sentences is too long an explanation.  

So, if you think this is gonna translate into a tidal wave of voter outrage, I suggest that you not bet much on that one.  

People aren’t gonna give a **** when they get fired and their businesses lose money. 

The blame always goes on the party in power. This is pretty well backed by data.

The core GOP base that rationalizes every dumb thing the party does is like 30% of the voting population.

This trade war is going to be a massive L for Congressional Republicans, which is why it is the one issue where they actually seem to find it in them to directly be in opposition to the WH.

Already, Harley had announced plans to close a factory in Missouri and build one in Thailand, after Trump pulled the U.S. out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the free-trade agreement with a bloc of Asian countries that would have lowered barriers to key markets. Now, Harley joins iconic American companies including Levi Strauss & Co. and even Germany’s Daimler AG in getting caught in the middle of Trump’s trade skirmishes with major trading partners

Edited by Cooked Crack