Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't watched him, yet.  Seems like the buzz on him is he's insanely talented but very raw and doesn't play well against better competition.   

Don't get me wrong, he made some NFL plays early on in the game, but for the most part looked like a deer in headlights against a very potent Iowa pass rush. I'll give him the benefit solely because of the circumstances and the fact his team isn't all the great, but it's a major leap of faith for any NFL team to watch his performance and assume he'll be able to make the transition to the NFL.

5 hours ago, Gregpeck99 said:

Skins looking at 6-10 or worse.

They will be in good position to take a QB.

I thought Lavar Jackson played well out of the gate!

If you mean Lamar then no, no and a giant resounding no.

7 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Beter start adding safety to Redskins players to scout. I like Jordan Whitehead as a tackling machine safety. But his size and injury history is kinda scary to me. 

Obviously Minkah is the benchmark IMO, i don't care what people say about Derwin. I also like Armani Watts but he struggled a lot yesterday against an NFL-talent QB

National TV broadcasts by network:

Cincinnati @ Michigan on ABC at 12

Pittsburgh @ Penn St on ABC at 3:30

Oklahoma @ Ohio State on ABC at 7:30

TCU @ Arkansas on CBS at 3:30

Georgia @ Notre Dame on NBC at 7:30

Stanford @ USC on Fox at 8:30

Louisville @ UNC on ESPN at 12

Fresno St @ Alabama on ESPN2 at 3:30

Auburn @ Clemson on ESPN at 7

Boise St @ Washington St on ESPN at 10:30

Some of the top 100 prospects on national TV today:

Michigan:

Mike McCray - OLB - 9

Mason Cole - OC - 52

Maurice Hurst - DT - 73

Oklahoma:

Orlando Brown - OT - 78

Baker Mayfield - QB - 6

Mark Andrews - TE - 81

Jordan Thomas - CB - 7

Ohio State:

Tyquan Lewis - DE - 59

Jerome Baker - OLB - 17

Dre'Mont Jones - DT - 86 

Parris Campbell - WR - 21

Sam Hubbard - DE - 6

Billy Price - OC - 54

Mike Weber - RB - 25

Arkansas:

Frank Ragnow - OC - 72

Georgia:

Nick Chubb - RB - 27

Sony Michel - RB - 1

Davin Bellamy - OLB - 17

Notre Dame:

Mike McGlinchey - OT - 68

Quenton Nelson - OG - 56

Equanamineous St Brown - WR - 6

USC:

Sam Darnold - QB - 14

Cameron Smith - ILB - 35

Ronald Jones - RB - 25

Iman Marshall - CB - 8

Porter Gustin - OLB - 45

Louisville:

Lamar Jackson - QB - 8

Jaire Alexander - CB - 10

Jaylen Smith - WR - 9

Clemson:

Clelin Farrell - DE - 99

Kendall Joseph - ILB - 34

Tyrone Crowder - OG - 5

Mitch Hyatt - OT - 75

Christian Wilkins - DT - 42

Deon Cain - WR - 8

Auburn:

Carlton Davis - CB - 6

Jarrett Stidham - QB - 8

Byron Cowary - DE - 9

Washington St:

Luke Falk - QB - 4

Mayfield is going to be a gem.  He's going to look like crap in the underwear Olympics and a lot of hot takers who never watched a minute of his college career are going to come in here in February and tell me how much he sucks.  But he's the best competitor and playmaker at the QB position in CFB by a country mile.  He's got it.

45 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Mayfield is going to be a gem.  He's going to look like crap in the underwear Olympics and a lot of hot takers who never watched a minute of his college career are going to come in here in February and tell me how much he sucks.  But he's the best competitor and playmaker at the QB position in CFB by a country mile.  He's got it.

Just coming on here to ask about him; I have no T.V. .  It seems like there might be a few quality QB's coming out.

6 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

Just coming on here to ask about him; I have no T.V. .  It seems like there might be a few quality QB's coming out.

Depends on what the underclassmen do.  I don't take it for granted that Darnold, Jackson, and Rosen all declare for the draft.  If they do, then there are going to be 5 or 6 special prospects that go in the first two rounds.  Falk, Rudolph, and Mayfield is a really nice senior crop.

This group feels like 2012.  There isn't an RGIII or Luck, but there is similar depth.

Mayfield plays the game like Brett Favre.  Been the alpha player on the field since he was a sophomore and now the game has completely slowed down for him.

w

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Depends on what the underclassmen do.  I don't take it for granted that Darnold, Jackson, and Rosen all declare for the draft.  If they do, then there are going to be 5 or 6 special prospects that go in the first two rounds.  Falk, Rudolph, and Mayfield is a really nice senior crop.

This group feels like 2012.  There isn't an RGIII or Luck, but there is similar depth.

Mayfield plays the game like Brett Favre.  Been the alpha player on the field since he was a sophomore and now the game has completely slowed down for him.

will be interesting to see if Allen bounces back

35 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't trust Jackson and I think none of us wanna go down that rabbit hole with a running QB. Mayfield is like Brees and I think the surplus of elite QB prospects like Darnold and Jackson is ideal for us if we are drafting a QB next year and don't want to spend a first on one.

Check this out:

That was a nice game from the big corner.  I don't understand why Will Grier kept testing him on the outside in crunch time.  That lost them the game.  But the upside is we got to see Alexander lock it down in a high pressure situation over and over again.

My take from this is he's a massive outside corner with plus run support skills.  Diagnoses well and isn't shy at all about coming up to help on runs.  Sure and physical tackler in the open field.  Delivers hard contact without having to sell out.  Exceptionally strong and long armed for the position.  Not gonna stay blocked on the edge.  Some upside as a blitzer because of his size and closing speed.  He's a blue collar corner, not a diva.

Looks good in off man coverage and his size and strength definitely give him potential as a press corner.  No problems running with receivers downfield.  Solid back pedal.  Trusts his feet and is slow to bail.  Good at timing his break on the ball.  That play at 3:24 was a thing of beauty.

Weaknesses are the hips and change of direction skills.  Gave up receptions on slants and other quick breaking inside routes.  Couldn't make the play on the cutback after Edmunds gave up the long completion.  Looks like he'd struggle to play the slot and is strictly an outside corner.

I'm thinking late first to mid second round for his range.

13 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Mayfield was amazing last night and I loved seeing the fire in him.

I get that Russell Wilson "it" feeling from him

My dream draft next year is grabbing Barkley in the first (sorry to all the Fat Rob and Samaje fans, Barkley has been ****ing amazing) and then circle back and grab Mayfield in the 3rd.

Archived