Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Emerging Technologies....They Might Have Cured Cancer….Also Leaf Blower Silencers!

PleaseBlitz

Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

Since when do liberals want to go to Mars?!?  Bush was pretty hyped up about it 20 years ago tho.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/science-jan-june04-moon_01-14

Before social media.  Before the "put those funds towards famine" wave hit.

Perhaps you didn't get out much.  (I bust Beal's cahones regularly).

Science, astronomy, exploration...all loved by liberals.  Experienced it.

No republican took Astronomy...lol, you kidding me?

1 minute ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Before social media.  Before the "put those funds towards famine" wave hit.

Perhaps you didn't get out much.  (I bust Beal's cahones regularly).

Science, astronomy, exploration...all loved by liberals.  Experienced it.

Huh…you went from being the “no politics” guy to being an expert on liberals nearly overnight.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Huh…you went from being the “no politics” guy to being an expert on liberals nearly overnight.

Nah I was just surrounded by them back in the day, and I was with them on this.  Prepare for the future type ****.  Whatever, another subtle insult.  Of course.

17 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Horse ****.  I taught Astronomy at University twenty years ago; plenty of republicans and conservatives.  Hell...the other teacher (big class) was a rock solid conservative and worked on Hubble.  Guy was literally a creationist in his private life.

1 minute ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Horse ****.  I taught Astronomy at University twenty years ago; plenty of republicans and conservatives.  Hell...the other teacher (big class) was a rock solid conservative and worked on Hubble.  Guy was literally a creationist in his private life.

Okay, well that was a huge brainslap back in the day.  "How does a creationist look at the Hubble Deep Field and think, (Oh, the Bible is spot on)?"

I wasn't in astronomy with a bunch of former choir boys.

37 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Since when do liberals want to go to Mars?!?  Bush was pretty hyped up about it 20 years ago tho.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/science-jan-june04-moon_01-14

When did they stop?  Going to mars is inspiring, reading about how the future demands we all be vegetarians relying on mass transit is the opposite.  There’s still a place in American politics for vision, and for achieving the seemingly impossible.  

Full disclosure: I read entirely too much science fiction.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

"How does a creationist look at the Hubble Deep Field and think, (Oh, the Bible is spot on)?"

I asked him the same thing...he never did give a satisfactory answer.  If he wasn't so damn religious I would've suspected cocaine to hold such divergent viewpoints in his mind at the same time: like a great white mountain of hope on the coffee table.  But he was a damn good physicist in spite of it tho: had a great sense of humor about the whole thing as well.

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

Going to mars is inspiring

Hell...I'm just sitting waiting for the first images from James Webb.  If we got to Mars in my lifetime I'd be in continuous orgasm for a year.

...I've stocked up on toilet paper and water...no worries,

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I asked him the same thing...he never did give a satisfactory answer.  If he wasn't so damn religious I would've suspected cocaine to hold such divergent viewpoints in his mind at the same time: like a great white mountain of hope on the coffee table.  But he was a damn good physicist in spite of it tho: had a great sense of humor about the whole thing as well.

Wow.  I love that introspective.  Cocaine, huh?  🤣.  More reason to keep me away from that stuff.  I've never even seen it, somehow.

23 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Okay, well that was a huge brainslap back in the day.  "How does a creationist look at the Hubble Deep Field and think, (Oh, the Bible is spot on)?"

I wasn't in astronomy with a bunch of former choir boys.

The two aren’t that difficult to square, as both point to in a single moment of creation.  An instant when everything, even time, came into being.  When the religious see the images the Hubble has granted us, they see the miracle of creation.  If there’s an issue creationists struggle fold into their belief system, it’s not that.  Evolution, for example, is harder for literalists.  The age of the earth is harder too for those Christians that believe in the whacky young earth, though to be honest I’ve not met too many of them.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Destino said:

When did they stop?  Going to mars is inspiring, reading about how the future demands we all be vegetarians relying on mass transit is the opposite.  There’s still a place in American politics for vision, and for achieving the seemingly impossible.  

Full disclosure: I read entirely too much science fiction.  

I envision a future full of super spiders.  

Vote PB 2024.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

The two aren’t that difficult to square, as both point to in a single moment of creation.  An instant when everything, even time, came into being.  When the religious see the images the Hubble has granted us, they see the miracle of creation.  If there’s an issue creationists struggle fold into their belief system, it’s not that.  Evolution, for example, is harder for literalists.  The age of the earth is harder too for those Christians that believe in the whacky young earth, though to be honest I’ve not met too many of them.  

Well man, I don't want to get in to the first couple page flips of the Bible with you.

The current point is, for me personally - Elon is a dream come true for the libs of yesteryear (and maybe I'm mis-remembering like Roger Clemens).

3 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Well man, I don't want to get in to the first couple page flips of the Bible with you.

The current point is, for me personally - Elon is a dream come true for the libs of yesteryear (and maybe I'm mis-remembering like Roger Clemens).

I mean, the dude builds EVs that can only go 350 miles and solar panels, he should be the poster boy for urban climate warriors.  

I keep seeing MAGA people on Twitter insist that liberals hate him, and I'm like, WTF, he's a weirdo and an attention whore, but I don't think liberals in general hate him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, the dude builds EVs that can only go 350 miles and solar panels, he should be the poster boy for urban climate warriors.  

I keep seeing MAGA people on Twitter insist that liberals hate him, and I'm like, WTF, he's a weirdo and an attention whore, but I don't think liberals in general hate him. 

I don't think liberals in general hate him, either.  Good point.

I don't hate Elon's vision or the tech his companies produce, but I do hate what an annoying attention whore he is and how many people practically worship him as a god.

As far as getting humans on Mars, sure it's inspiring but it's also a pretty dumb and boring place and with our current technology there's no way we'd be able to terraform it any time soon. We might be able to make some passable habitats but it would be a pretty damn desolate and mundane existence full of potential death every day (though to be far, sometimes it's like that here on Earth as well).

Personally I'm more interested in AI and advances in potentially hybridizing and digitizing the human mind. If we can cross those barriers (and not kill ourselves in the process...but that applies to a lot of things) then the technological leaps we could make afterwards would potentially be exponential.

And if we can digitize the human mind, human biological lifespans won't really apply anymore. Then even if we determine that superluminal travel is truly not possible via any loopholes in relativity, we could still colonize the galaxy because the pesky biological problems with space travel will go away, our spaceships could be tiny and hence easier to push to relativistic speeds, and the travelers could just set their clock speeds so that 1,000 years feels like a day.

Edited by mistertim

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

@d0ublestr0ker0ll This is an example of a cult member. They defend literally anything the person does, no matter how ****ty or stupid. Their god cannot be wrong.

I dunno I agree with cousins. 

my friends friend wife tried to get me to dick her down. I said no cause that’s ****ed up. But then I found out him and her are swingers. If I knew that back then I would of gone balls deep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The best part of musk is he is doing things that appeal to liberals and conservatives while also being good for the planet as a whole. But people wrote him off because of his Twitter game. 

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

As far as getting humans on Mars, sure it's inspiring but it's also a pretty dumb and boring place and with our current technology

now you are missing the point. Who cares about current technology. The goal of man is to create new technologies not sit around happy with the stone wheel they just made.

Your ignorance of history is also showing. When the world learned how to land on the moon, it had positive effects and created new technology and inventions that had utility on earth.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Bruh do you not remember the sexual harassment investigation into the Cuban and the Mavs. 

I did not remember it.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/19/mark-cuban-apologizes-to-mavericks-harassment-victims.html

The investigation found no wrongdoing by Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, but due to what the investigation deemed "institutional and other failures," Cuban has agreed to donate $10 million to organizations that support the leadership and development of women in sports and that work to combat domestic violence.

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

now you are missing the point. Who cares about current technology. The goal of man is to create new technologies not sit around happy with the stone wheel they just made.

Your ignorance of history is also showing. When the world learned how to land on the moon, it had positive effects and created new technology and inventions that had utility on earth.

You apparently stopped reading my post after this sentence. Seriously, how can you read the full text of what I said and come away with the idea that I'm not interested in creating new technologies? Which specific parts of Artificial General Intelligence, human mind digitization, superluminal space travel, and galactic colonization is being "happy with a stone wheel"?

Edited by mistertim

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You apparently stopped reading my post after this sentence. Seriously, how can you read the full text of what I said and come away with the idea that I'm not interested in creating new technologies? Which specific parts of Artificial General Intelligence, human mind digitization, superluminal space travel, and galactic colonization is being "happy with a stone wheel"?

Yada yada the rest of your post when you lead with exploring mars is dumb.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84