Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mississippi Shooting Spree Kills 8, Including Sheriff's Deputy

MEANDWARF

Godbolt added that he wanted to die. "My intentions was to have God kill me. I ran out of bullets," he said. "Suicide by cop was my intention. I ain't fit to live, not after what I've done."

What a world we live in.

7 minutes ago, twa said:

What a world we live in.

Yea that mess is ridiculous. I dont care what he was going through you dont have to take out 8 other people to get "God" to kill you. That really upsets me. 

Whats worse is I dont even see how you can stop this situation before it happens. You cant rely on people to just people good people anymore. So how to you plan to stop something like this before it happens? 

Let's call it more accurately.  Male violence. I'm happy to call acts committed by females female violence. I'm not happy using euphemisms that are passive and mask the operators of the violence. That avoids fixing the problem.

Like the phrase "a woman was raped" rather than the phrase "a man raped a woman". We need to use active voice and not passive voice.

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Like the phrase "a woman was raped" rather than the phrase "a man raped a woman". We need to use active voice and not passive voice.

Never thought of it that way, probably because the crime itself implies that a male is responsible...but I agree.  Implying something is different than saying it right out loud.

36 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea that mess is ridiculous. I dont care what he was going through you dont have to take out 8 other people to get "God" to kill you. That really upsets me. 

Whats worse is I dont even see how you can stop this situation before it happens. You cant rely on people to just people good people anymore. So how to you plan to stop something like this before it happens? 

Im telling you the reason he did this was because of all the anti suicide propaganda we got going on. It's a sin to kill yourself, killing yourself worst thing you can do, etc.... got to have someone else do it for you. 

12 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Let's call it more accurately.  Male violence. I'm happy to call acts committed by females female violence. I'm not happy using euphemisms that are passive and mask the operators of the violence. That avoids fixing the problem.

Im pretty sure most people can narrow down who did the raping if a news story reads "a woman was raped"

11 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The only problem I would have with this is you're may be empowering the rotten scum that  committed this act. He may find pleasure in this by saying, "yes dammit, I raped her". Why should we give him that satisfaction? Instead plaster his name and picture everywhere for security reasons, send him to jail if not forever, and if he gets out, castrate him before he leases prison.

(Yeah, sometimes my Christian Spirit don't show out at times)

Just now, RedskinsMayne said:

Im telling you the reason he did this was because of all the anti suicide propaganda we got going on. It's a sin to kill yourself, killing yourself worst thing you can do, etc.... got to have someone else do it for you. 

I really dont want to agree with you and @LD0506 but I cant say that you are incorrect. Though there has to be a better way than letting a person kill themselves. There has to be a more modern solution. 

14 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Never thought of it that way, probably because the crime itself implies that a male is responsible...but I agree.  Implying something is different than saying it right out loud.

Agreed. It never occurred to me previously but I agree. Its the same exact issue I have with other crimes with selective wording. I just never noticed, sad to say. 

I don't think telling people they shouldn't kill themselves is the problem. For this kind of crime, 91% of the time is a man who commits the crime, and 70% of the time it is a specific race. We need to stop beating around the bush and get to the root of the problem. And killing yourself, is not a solution. You may not be ending your family's life, but committing suicide is still putting your children through a difficult time and hindering their chances of being productive, self-sufficient, healthy adults. Suicide prevention is not the problem here. IMO, Men who've been raised without fathers or any positive male role models are the problem. They start families, and they've little to no experience or understanding on how to love and respect your wife, how to raise their children, they can't handle the pressure. 

Archived