Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What can the franchise do to re-engage? Was this Dan's last new way to fail?

TGI Jef

James Allen, the author of "As a Man Thinketh," wrote "Men do not attract what they want, but what they are."

If that is true (and I believe that it is), we have to analyze and then determine what Dan Snyder is, both as a person and as an owner. Dan Snyder wants to win - he wants success - but it is a seemingly evasive thing for him. Almost 20 years as an NFL owner and he has nothing to show for it save for constant skepticism and ridicule. So going back to the quote, we know what Snyder wants - it's what every one of us wants - but he doesn't attract success, only disappointment and failure, because there is something in him that invites misfortune more so than anything else.

I don't want to hear any more about how he's a long-time fan; how he wants to win. Want, at this point, is irrelevant. He can want things until he's blue in the face but if it's not what he is or his nature reflects poorly on these goals and ambitions then the notion of want becomes moot. At this point, I'd rather have an owner who hates winning and success yet inadvertently does so as preposterous as that sounds.

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

James Allen, the author of "As a Man Thinketh," wrote "Men do not attract what they want, but what they are."

If that is true (and I believe that it is), we have to analyze and then determine what Dan Snyder is, both as a person and as an owner. Dan Snyder wants to win - he wants success - but it is a seemingly evasive thing for him. Almost 20 years as an NFL owner and he has nothing to show for it save for constant skepticism and ridicule. So going back to the quote, we know what Snyder wants - it's what every one of us wants - but he doesn't attract success, only disappointment and failure, because there is something in him that invites misfortune more so than anything else.

I don't want to hear any more about how he's a long-time fan; how he wants to win. Want, at this point, is irrelevant. He can want things until he's blue in the face but if it's not what he is or his nature reflects poorly on these goals and ambitions then the notion of want becomes moot. At this point, I'd rather have an owner who hates winning and success yet inadvertently does so as preposterous as that sounds.

Dan Snyder is a loser.  So he attracts losers and we lose.  Am I understanding?

Just now, BurgundyBooger said:

Pretty much. Do you disagree?

I do. Since taking over he's hire Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs, Mike Shanahan, and Jay Gruden all who are definitely not losers. He did hire Jim Zorn who is a loser he was a loser in the NFL as a player and as our head coach too. But besides him the guys who Snyder has hired definitely were not losers

First - I think he needs to bring back Cousins. Not from a football stand point but from an organizational one for the fans. Showing that they are dedicated to winning.

Second - Fire Willie (hope I got the name right) and everyone involved in PR. It is negative right now. Find people that have solutions to bring good will back to this franchise.

Third - Avoid hiring a do boy GM. Wait until after the draft and search for a GM that loves football and will work hard to continue to improve this team. I for one will be pissed if we end up with Marc Domink

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I do. Since taking over he's hire Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs, Mike Shanahan, and Jay Gruden all who are definitely not losers. He did hire Jim Zorn who is a loser he was a loser in the NFL as a player and as our head coach too. But besides him the guys who Snyder has hired definitely were not losers

I should have said, he's a loser that attracts losing.

Obviously most of those coaches you've listed are not losers per se, as the successes they've achieved outside of Snyder's purview speak for themselves.

15 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Really, the only coaching departure in his entire ownership reign that shouldn't have been made was Marty.  Gibbs left on his own and nobody was shedding a tear when the rest left.  

I think the fatal flaw on Snyder is he makes bad hires rather than bad fires.  When he fires somebody, they usually deserve it.

1 hour ago, TGI Jef said:

Is this a 1999 Saints draft? No - it's not. But with 12 picks, they needed to do more. That draft was an abject failure.

6 of those 12 picks were in the 6th and 7th round, calm down.  Looking at the other 6 picks, Kerrigan was a big hit, Helu was a temporary hit, and Paul has been solid before being recently derailed by injury.  Jenkins and Hankerson were the big misses.  Gomes was garbage, but a 5th rounder.

55 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Pretty much. Do you disagree?

I agree that he degrades the talent around him and CREATES losers by seemingly undermining processes and cutting them short. I can't comment on details, only results.  Results have been lackluster at best.

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Nice quote. I love that book! Everyone should read it. Words to live by that never go out of style. In this case, definitely applies to Snyder perfectly.  

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Second - Fire Willie (hope I got the name right) and everyone involved in PR.

LOL, it's Wylie (Coyote), but I'm fine with either one. Total incompetent. 

free_willy.jpg

24129566.jpg

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Well that's pretty easy to guess in fact.

As you said, Snyder is a fan. He's a life long fan, and craves Redskins.

But to win, he has to act like an owner, not a fan.

Winning requires two things:

- Some experience in losing to know what you have to do to win.

- Put on the work so losing doesn't happen again. Make efforts on you and work you tails off.

He can ask Cousins or Norman, Williams, Green, Gibbs, Gruden... They all know what it takes to win.

He's just not putting in the work toward this.He's still on the level of: "Money will earn me the SB". It's not the eighties anymore Dan.

Honestly, sending Redskins 1 to land Pryor here feels a lot like:

- Dang, Bruce, Pryor is a FA? I had him on my fantasy team and he scored me tons of points! Let's get him! I'll send Redskins 1 grab that guy that is rated 92 on Madden!

Makes it looks like a flashy move from the team, we want to impress the guy, blah, blah, blah... Quite childish in fact. Stop being a fan, be an owner. One that would tell Bruce:

- Bruce, you've got rid of Scot. Kirk's LTD is being long, if he lands elsewhere and succeeds while we crap the bed, I won't need to show you the door, it's the same you headed Scot to. You've been here for 7 years, and results are mixed. Thanks Bruce, you're dismissed.

Dan to relinquish ownership and no longer hold this franchise hostage of success.   :work: I believe that this team will never in my lifetime reach success past first round playoffs as long as he's the owner, because he won't allow any GM or HC (good or bad) to fully have control to run the team like it's supposed to. He hasn't for 20 years (2019) and him "learning" is non-existent. It's who he is.

Other than that, interest, engagement? Completely and literally gone. I refuse to live by that die hard stigma of perennial losers.

They need to find a way to retain cousins for 3-5 years.   If they don't, whether they trade them or not, they are likely set back at least 3 years in the search for a long term QB.  Few teams can make it to the Super Bowl, absent solid quarterback play, and as such, I believe that is where we are trying to be.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

Did you not hear Bruce and Danny pronounce that SM had total control of all thing regarding personnel when he was hired?  Then please explain why they retained every single scout and did not bring in any of SM's guys?   There have been numerous reports of a power struggle regarding personnel, why would that occur if SM had the power?    How about the account of Bruce chirping about the year Murphey and Moses had, then making sure everyone knew they were his picks.  How could that not been seen as a jealous power struggle?  SM took the high road.  Shanny took the high road as did Marty and everyone else who was fired in Ashburn.  That hardly means they left on good terms. 

Anyone who knows talent, is a threat to Danny!! Who doesn't believe that Bruce doesn't some how come to the same conclusions on personnel as Danny, what a coincidence! Unlike SM, Marty, or MS, all who knew talent far greater than Danny, and many of his lackey's.

And that is the dividing wedge! Who remembers how Danny was coming unglued when Marty locked him out of personnel decisions...and straightened out Danny's fortune 500 team in 1 season? A remarkable job by Marty to say the least!! Unfortunately for Marty, little Danny couldn't live with the fact that he had no say in personnel of the team he owned!! :) 

As for Moses & Murphy??? I still view them as lousy picks! SM immediately attempted to replace him with Preston Smith the following draft. Murphy finally was able to fill in after guy's got hurt, did OK, after 3 years of grooming and some PHD'S!!

Moses IMO talent wise, is our worst lineman, nothing special about him, misses block after block!!!

SM was a Cousins guy, he was the 1 who finally talked Snyder into giving up on his prized pick RG3!

Danny rules the roost in Skins land, don't be fooled by the fact that he hides behind others!!!

Can hardly wait for Danny's explanations after this upcoming draft; I can hear him now explaining how we followed our draft board, and had a projected 6th rd. pick to undrafted, rated as a 2nd rd. talent we got in the 3rd rd...........It's coming! SMH

Archived