Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pft.com bruce Allen won’t let Scot McCloughan talk to media

jphilly

Just now, Rattlesnake88 said:

What's your thoughts? I mean since we are in the land of speculation and all.

It's certainly not that he left because of a feud over Kirk Cousins.  That seems silly to me.  I'm one of those guys who tends to believe the simplest answer is often the correct one. 

Hey, I've been proven silly before. :)  

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

It's certainly not that he left because of a feud over Kirk Cousins.  That seems silly to me.  I'm one of those guys who tends to believe the simplest answer is often the correct one. 

Is the simplest answer that he is setting up a funeral for his 100 year old grandmothers 3 and a half week old corpse? 

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Yea, Occam's razor is usually the best method. 

Hey, there's only SEVEN MORE MONTHS BEFORE THE SEASON BEGINS! We're already 15% of the way through the offseason. 

7 minutes ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

Is the simplest answer that he is setting up a funeral for his 100 year old grandmothers 3 and a half week old corpse? 

I think he's insinuating alcohol. 

Just now, Rattlesnake88 said:

No, it's not.  

I'm not gonna speculate anymore here.  Alcoholism is a terrible disease that has affected many people that I care deeply about.  It's hard for me to make light of it, even on a message board.  I hope it's something else, and I wish for a healthy outcome for all who are involved. 

Since speculation is the only thing going on right now, let's do our own speculating...

- What if it's marital problems? Scot's wife did go off on the ESPN reporter giving oral for insider info. If he's having marital issues that are distracting (I've been there, it's damn distracting), they could use his grandmother's passing as a deflection.

- Maybe what Scot's wife said was indeed true?...if so, maybe Allen caught wind of Scot doin' the do with another female reporter (or the same one), and said "Go home...we'll deal with this later"..

- Scot's off the wagon again. Maybe he's been late with stuff and has put the scouting team and coaches a bit behind schedule because of it...that's why no pressers for anyone, got a lot to catch up on before the combine to make up for lost time. Doug Williams gets called up to take on more responsibility to help.

- Scot M is a bit paranoid and actually believes Allen told Cooley to plant the rumor that Scot was drinking again...big argument ensues. Allen tells Scot to go home and cool off.

Scot was hired to appease the fan base. He served his purpose and is now disposable. Whether he is drinking, is in the dog house over the handling of Kirk or is getting too much credit while not producing any tangible player acquisition results doesn't really matter. This was never meant to be a long term commitment. 

You can bet Dan thinks he can do what Jerry is doing and have way more fun than he is having now. He will never be hands off for an extended period while he owns the team. That's not who he is.

Just now, Califan007 said:

My dad's funeral took place almost 2 months after his death. My mom's took place about 10 days later, and that was rushed so that my brother could attend.

Thanks. My experience with funerals have been much different. Good to know there could be merit to the story.

I'm not a big fan of GMSM, as some of you may know, but I think it's kinda obvious what's happening..

1) He hasn't spoken to the media since training camp

2) He's been leaking stories to his boys Brewer and Jason Cole

3) Grandma dies 3 weeks ago and he's missing the combine for "family reasons"....not buying it.

Just now, Califan007 said:

I need to ask: where was it said that Scot M himself (or anyone connected to the team) said he was not attending due to taking care of his grandmother's funeral arrangements?

Mike jones and Brian McNally( via 106.7)quoted him on the record. Scot was caught in an obvious lie. He needed to keep his mouth shut as the team apparently requested.

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Scot was hired to appease the fan base. He served his purpose and is now disposable. Whether he is drinking, is in the dog house over the handling of Kirk or is getting too much credit while not producing any tangible player acquisition results doesn't really matter. This was never meant to be a long term commitment. 

You can bet Dan thinks he can do what Jerry is doing and have way more fun than he is having now. He will never be hands off for an extended period while he owns the team. That's not who he is.

This 100, 1,000, 1 million percent. Any fans who fail to realize this will keep getting severely disappointed over and over and over again. It won't change

Archived