Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heads-up, if you plan on using Metro for Pack game this Sunday

Skinsfan1311

Good idea to post this.  I saw a few people suggesting taking the metro for the game, and a few people correcting in different threads (might have been you).  while there is uber and lyft that exist now, not everyone has that set up who might have planned to take the metro for the game - and got caught in a sticky situation.

On a side note, i think it's nuts to not extend times for a sporting event.  Much safer for many, convenient for many, and would probably fill cars!

15 hours ago, Tsailand said:

And people wonder why I want the team to move to VA...

So we can deal with the cluster **** that is the silver line and/or 66? 

Also meant to include 7, which is the worst.

Double Edit: This should be it's own thread, but I hate starting new ones, so if someone wants to take the reigns, go ahead. The discussion: Does the Trump presidency increase the chances of a return to DC over MD/VA?

London Underground was amazing.

We used the tube non-stop. In comparison to the Metro, the Underground was immaculate. Trains every 2 - 3 minutes, clean trains at that, no graffiti, and people respected the service. Just wonderfully efficient and convenient to every point in-between from Heathrow to the cogestion Zones 1 - 2. 

Pretty sure they run trains 24 hours on weekends too. Getting into and out of Wembley was smooth as well. All the services there just handled the masses really well. The sheer load probably would have made Metro explode by comparison. 

Send the Metro brass to London to learn something, or x1000. 

3 hours ago, Lloyds' Mongolian Beef said:

Double Edit: This should be it's own thread, but I hate starting new ones, so if someone wants to take the reigns, go ahead. The discussion: Does the Trump presidency increase the chances of a return to DC over MD/VA?

Take that to the Tailgate. The Stadium is a politics free zone & you've been here long enough to know that.

53 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

London Underground was amazing.

We used the tube non-stop. In comparison to the Metro, the Underground was immaculate. Trains every 2 - 3 minutes, clean trains at that, no graffiti, and people respected the service. Just wonderfully efficient and convenient to every point in-between from Heathrow to the cogestion Zones 1 - 2. 

Pretty sure they run trains 24 hours on weekends too. Getting into and out of Wembley was smooth as well. All the services there just handled the masses really well. The sheer load probably would have made Metro explode by comparison. 

Send the Metro brass to London to learn something, or x1000. 

I was in Europe this past summer for my first time (Spain and France) and the subway system in Paris was just incredible.  I basically had the same exact experience as you.  And on top of that, it was dirt cheap ~ $2 (USD) to get anywhere no matter how far or close it was.  

The Metro is a joke at this point.  I took it to/from work for 20 months from Rockville to Crystal City, and while it was convenient to not drive and I basically watched movies/tv on my phone the whole commute, it was such a pain in the ass especially when things went wrong, which was virtually like 2-3 times a week.  And to top it off, it was like $11/day at that time.  Now it's even MORE expensive with MORE problems.  

2 hours ago, TK said:

Take that to the Tailgate. The Stadium is a politics free zone & you've been here long enough to know that.

IF you really want to get political, we could discuss why metro systems in other countries are efficient, and why the DC metro is borderline 3rd world...

Archived