Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Norman Compares Rodgers to "Gandalf the White'

SkinsGuy

4 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Last year we rearranged our starting O-line, putting Lich back in at center and removing the (surprisingly) good cohesiveness with Ribs at C. The Packers D-line ate our lunch, never allowing Cousins to get into a rhythm. I think that decision was ultimately our undoing.    

Yes, I think the o-line will be much better in this game.

Even without Trent Williams.

18 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Last year Eddie Lacy could barely bend over to tie his own shoes coming into our playoff game (117 rushing yards over 3 games). He and Starks proceeded to gut our defense for 116 yards. 

Can't say you wrong, but last year we didn't have Whitner and Ihenacho or Su on this team.  And certainly we didn't have Norman.  I think these guys will make a difference.  Also this year our offense is much better between the 20s and their secondary has major issues.  Still they are a very dangerous team and we should play them with revenge in mind.

2 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

Can't say you wrong, but last year we didn't have Whitner and Ihenacho or Su on this team.  And certainly we didn't have Norman.  I think these guys will make a difference.  Also this year our offense is much better between the 20s and their secondary has major issues.  Still they are a very dangerous team and we should play them with revenge in mind.

No, your opinion is much more rational and logical than my concerns...I completely agree. I just can't shake the feeling that this week feels so similar to the week leading up to the playoff game. 

19 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Like Norman said, that (Gandalf) is a wizard. It's a compliment.

Side note, but it's fun to see that the Lord of the Rings is apparently still alive and well in the locker room if Norman has caught on already. :headbang:

“Today, the gray became the white,” Cousins tells some linemen near the end of the game. “We look to the east”

“Hey, let’s take our knees and go back to the shire, alright?” he also tells teammates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/12/24/kirk-cousinss-impossibly-earnest-touchdown-celebrations/

On 11/16/2016 at 2:53 PM, SkinsGuy said:

Interesting take by Norman. :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Green Bay Packers have faltered the past month, going 1-3 to fall a game behind in the NFC North race.

Despite the team's struggles, Washington Redskins corner Josh Norman doesn't see the powers of Aaron Rodgers diminishing.

"That is pretty much Gandalf the White over there. That's a wizard. That's who he is to me," Norman told reporters ahead of the Sunday night matchup, via Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Click link to go to full article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000740851/article/norman-compares-rodgers-to-gandalf-the-white

lol gotta love Norman...plus i'm a huge Tolkien fan...ima nerd..i know...

13 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I obviously missed the part where Aaron Rodgers died against the Balrog to reborn as the white...

Until then, I can see him as the grey, as long as we unleash the Nazguls on him.

He died during the NFC title game collapse against Seattle a couple years back lol. Hell, we all did and the Seahawks are definitely beasts from hell so it's fitting 

Archived