Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ohio Police Share Graphic Photos Of Couple Overdosing On Drugs With 4-Year-Old Child In The Car

Springfield

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Feel free to DM me and explain how I am missing the point here. Otherwise, I am really uninterested in getting into a "na-ah!" "yes-huh!" argument.

I don't need to dm you.

You seem to think it's about patting them on the head and telling them it's not their fault. Kinggibbs agrees and quips about it being an avenue to make money.

These are opinions of ignorance. Plain and simple.

Like parents that think it's easy to keep their children away. Just live in a certain area, 'be involved, make them play sports. 

It requires you to know very little about what is going on to feel that way.

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

And that's where you're wrong. My stance comes from direct, personal experience.

Yeah? You have personal experience with addition counciling and treatment?

You have personal experience with research on the changes addiction makes in the brain?

Because your opinions so far directly conflict with researchers (in biology and psychology) and experts in treatment of chemical dependency. It conflicts with educators dealing with the problem and various health officials.

It conflicts with every single angle of evaluating the current state of our justice/prison system in regards to drug addiction.

Seems pretty ignorant to me.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

Yeah? You have personal experience with addition counciling and treatment?

You have personal experience with research on the changes addiction makes in the brain?

Because your opinions so far directly conflict with researchers (in biology and psychology) and experts in treatment of chemical dependency. It conflicts with educators dealing with the problem and various health officials.

It conflicts with every single angle of evaluating the current state of our justice/prison system in regards to drug addiction.

Seems pretty ignorant to me.

I take it you're a councilor?

Count me in the "more harm then good" category.  Some people once they're gone, they're gone, so seeing this picture isn't going to make much of dent, that's the horrible truth.  In the meantime, the kid is going to have to live with this forever (we may forget things, but the Internet does not). I haven't had a chance to find out yet, but did they talk to the kid before deciding to do this?

I can see both sides in that most cases decisions are made that lead to one becoming an addict.  The question is: then what?

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

I've already address that, in this thread specificially.

Quoting "experts"?

Here's the last thing I'll say. The so called experts don't know **** about the permanent, sustained recovery from alcoholism and drug abuse. You know why? They treat alcohol and drugs as the problem. They're not the problem to these people, it's their solution. By treating drugs and alcohol as the problem, they treat the symptoms, not the issue at hand: their selfish and uncaring lives. Addicts and alcoholics don't give **** about anyone but themselvds.

Argue all you like. That's not my opinion. That's my experience. Read that again. Experience. Not theory. Experience.

Considering the kid is 4, I'm quite sure he has zero way of truly understanding the ramifications of posting something on the Internet. 

That's not to say it was or wasn't the right call, but I don't think the kid's opinion is relevant from a developmental standpoint. 

22 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Considering the kid is 4, I'm quite sure he has zero way of truly understanding the ramifications of posting something on the Internet. 

That's not to say it was or wasn't the right call, but I don't think the kid's opinion is relevant from a developmental standpoint. 

Another reason why they shouldn't of done it.  I imagine the older the kid would've been, the louder that "hell no" would've been as well.

The brain of an addict does not operate in the same spectrum as that of one who isn't addicted.  Often, the addict doesn't see their activity as outside the norm.  It's a means to and end for them.

In that regard, addiction isn't that much different than something like anxiety or depression.  In fact, it's probably worse because a side effect of addiction in many is anxiety or depression.  The addict knows how to treat the effects of addiction though, that's to feed it.

Look at alcoholism.  Effects of that addiction causes mood swings, depression, anxiety.  Cigarettes, have many same effects.  Treatment isn't easy with any drugs when you know the "easy" fix to it.

Heroin (opiates) and meth are about as insidious as I've seen though.  I don't know many opiate heads that have lived too long or stayed clean.

Archived