Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sunday Ticket 2016

Bliz

I called up and they wouldn't budge on anything other than the 20% off the total price and discounts to my pay channels.  I quoted what you guys were posting, was nice about it but repeatedly stated that if someone is getting it for free and they have the Choice package, I want it for free too cause I've been paying outrageous rates for the Premier package for years.  I mentioned being able to drop down to Choice and get Starz, HBO and Showtime cheaper through streaming services than what it costs through DTV.

Anyhow, I had been contemplating downgrading for a while to save some money (I mentioned that in my above posts).  So I downgraded to Choice, dropped some HD channel package (was $5/month) and got 20% off the total of the NFL Ticket and a free upgrade to NFL Ticket Max.  The rep then stated that if I keep HBO, Showtime, Starz and Max I can get it for $25.99 for six months after discounts, so I kept them as it was going to cost me $33 to get HBO, ST and Starz through streaming services.

Wife set a calendar reminder for me to call back beginning of Feb. to see if the discount can be extended or to cancel so I don't get charged full price after the six months lol.  All in all, I'll save $50/month off my total bill, so I'm happy.  Still cheaper than paying what I was just to get the NFL Ticket to break even.  I'll save about $350/year even paying for a discounted NFL Ticket.

I'm attempting the song and dance in an online chat, never went this route before.  I'll let everyone know how it works out, maybe its a better option than suffering on the phone.

***UPDATE*** Nevermind, I should have known it wasn't going to be that easy.  "They have many options specifically for me" but need me to call and sit thru hell.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm attempting the song and dance in an online chat, never went this route before.  I'll let everyone know how it works out, maybe its a better option than suffering on the phone.

***UPDATE*** Nevermind, I should have known it wasn't going to be that easy.  "They have many options specifically for me" but need me to call and sit thru hell.

Fios, Directv, comcast, i dont know why ANY of them have Chat.  I have tried all three online chat and they all end wtih "You need to call to make any changes"

Even for ordering new service -they always can only give the list price..100% pointless

32 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Fios, Directv, comcast, i dont know why ANY of them have Chat.  I have tried all three online chat and they all end wtih "You need to call to make any changes"

Even for ordering new service -they always can only give the list price..100% pointless

I called Direct TV four times last night before I could get a live rep.  I said cancel service to the automated system, it then kept telling me that the number I needed to be transferred to was no longer in service and asked that I call them back at the number I dialed in the first place (800-DirectTV).  I was so pissed by the time I got to the live rep on the 5th call.  

• 3 weeks later...

Called back this afternoon and did much better than my first go-round.  They took 20% off the price of the regular Sunday Ticket, and gave me a "free" upgrade to Max.  So Sunday Ticket Max for $216 instead of the $360 list price.  Also 3 months of HBO.  Good enough for me, and pretty much in line with what I've been able to get in years past.

Archived