Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BREAKING: Shooting at BLM Protest in Dallas

Duckus

Cleveland Police Union chief calls for suspension of open-carry during convention.

http://gawker.com/cleveland-police-union-president-demands-suspension-of-1783819181

Why is he attacking our constitutional freedoms?!?

Also a spokesman for Governor Kasich said he does not have the authority to do that because of US and Ohio Constitutions.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/07/17/kasich-i-can-t-ban-open-carry-at-rnc.html?via=mobile&source=copyurl

"Ohio governors do not have the power to arbitrarily suspend federal and state constitutional rights or state laws as suggested."

a police officer was shot

blame black mob, while no mention of police

get called out on it

say you're passionate about police shooting

you can see how that might be borderline racist, but can't explain it without being patronizing?

Yeah, there's a word for that.

Dude, chill. I've got into it more times than I can remember with KG but I seriously doubt the dude is racist.

Dude, chill. I've got into it more times than I can remember with KG but I seriously doubt the dude is racist.

He really doesn't have to be. His actions have spoken for themselves and are more than enough for people to have had their fill of his.... Whatever it is exactly that he does.

At the RNC.

That aint gonna go down well.

Only Dems/liberals will be complaining about this. The people at the top of the GOP/NRA know full well that there are places that guns should be prohibited, they just can't say it out loud.

Hypocrisy is always something the Other Team is guilty of. 

Racism isn't a binary thing, it's a continuum. And somewhere in the middle of that continuum are people who hold some clearly racist attitudes (like "losing" all sympathy for a group based on the acts of somone who they assume is part of that group), but who'd hate to think of themselves as racists.

Not gonna lie, i don't even remember it.

It might be because describing it as a couple of white people and a tea party flag fails to mention an important aspect of that particular shooting.  Sovereign Citizens.  It might also be because there is no argument to be had, and without controversy to generate clicks and ratings, the new cycle moves on quickly.  People arguing that sovereigns are right and justified are most likely sovereign citizens themselves or militia types.  

I think it's a mistake to condemn entire groups (e.g. Black Lives Matter, sovereign citizens, Muslims, police) based on the actions of some violent extremists who are members of those groups. I'm worried that we are going to start persecuting people based on what they think instead of what they do.

I have yet to see a single reason why sovereign citizens deserve anything but derision and condemnation. To me it's like saying we shouldn't automatically condemn all KKK members. Yeah, no. If you want to try to give one I'm all ears though.

You misunderstand me if you think I'm defending sovereign citizens. I'm not. I'm defending freedom of thought.

Violence and threats of violence are and should be crimes. Thinking something stupid should not.

I didn't know what Sovereign Citizens were until a few mm unites ago. That said, it seems like most are just weirdos that live on the fringes and don't hurt anyone. I'm fine with those. I did read about some of the criminal ones on different levels but doesn't seem like all or even most are like that. But again, I just leaned about them so I could be wrong.

You misunderstand me if you think I'm defending sovereign citizens. I'm not. I'm defending freedom of thought.

Violence and threats of violence are and should be crimes. Thinking something stupid should not.

How did we go from condemnation to criminal charges?

I didn't know what Sovereign Citizens were until a few mm unites ago. That said, it seems like most are just weirdos that live on the fringes and don't hurt anyone. I'm fine with those. I did read about some of the criminal ones on different levels but doesn't seem like all or even most are like that. But again, I just leaned about them so I could be wrong.

Read more about them. Or go read the Malheur takeover thread. Or even better, ask Zooney.

Racism isn't a binary thing, it's a continuum. And somewhere in the middle of that continuum are people who hold some clearly racist attitudes (like "losing" all sympathy for a group based on the acts of one person who they assume is part of that group), but who'd hate to think of themselves as racists.

I agree with you when you say racism is a continuum but I feel that I need to point out there BLM is a political group not a race.  One can certainly disagree with BLM for reasons that are not racist, and assuming all disagreement is racist just makes dialogue of any kind impossible.  I think we're all better served by spending less time outraged by what we read between the lines and more time trying to find points of mutual understanding.   

I agree with you when you say racism is a continuum but I feel that I need to point out there BLM is a political group not a race.  One can certainly disagree with BLM for reasons that are not racist, and assuming all disagreement is racist just makes dialogue of any kind impossible.  I think we're all better served by spending less time outraged by what we read between the lines and more time trying to find points of mutual understanding.   

I sort of agree. First part absolutely. BLM is a movement. It's not a racial thing. 

The people who attack it, rarely see it that way and use it to not sound racist as they're putting a movement down.

http://www.kfdi.com/news/blm-protest-changed-to-cookout

WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita Police Chief, Gordon Ramsay, says he has been working with Black Lives Matter leaders, and a protest that was planned for Sunday is being canceled.

Instead, the police department is hosting a cookout at McAdams Park. Black Lives Matter leaders are calling it the First Steps BBQ.

Chief Ramsay says the event is a much more positive way for police and activists to interact, as opposed to meeting head to head at protest line.

Many have come forward to donate to help fund the cookout. Ramsay says by the time you pay for additional officers and overtime that needed for a protest, a cookout is actually cheaper.

The Wichita Police Department has event details on their Facebook page. So far, the cookout is gathering a positive response, with many suggesting Wichita's example should be followed across the country.

http://www.kfdi.com/news/blm-protest-changed-to-cookout

WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita Police Chief, Gordon Ramsay, says he has been working with Black Lives Matter leaders, and a protest that was planned for Sunday is being canceled.

Instead, the police department is hosting a cookout at McAdams Park. Black Lives Matter leaders are calling it the First Steps BBQ.

Chief Ramsay says the event is a much more positive way for police and activists to interact, as opposed to meeting head to head at protest line.

Many have come forward to donate to help fund the cookout. Ramsay says by the time you pay for additional officers and overtime that needed for a protest, a cookout is actually cheaper.

The Wichita Police Department has event details on their Facebook page. So far, the cookout is gathering a positive response, with many suggesting Wichita's example should be followed across the country.

Sounds like a fabulous idea. Hope it catches on around the country. I would love to donate to such a cause. More discussion, more understanding is always the answer.

Violence is cyclical. We have to break the cycle.

Black Lives Matter needs someone like Martin Luther King Jr., a peaceful movement will be more effective. Police need to be held accountable, they cannot continue to get away with assault and murder. Those propositions are not mutually exclusive. Too many people think they have to pick a side. The right thing to do is condemn the violence on all sides.

Black Lives Matter is related to these killings?

Also

http://fusion.net/story/184032/black-lives-matter-martin-luther-king-hate-mail/

Whenever someone wants change to the power structure, the same critiques come out.

Archived