Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brexit Thread

No Excuses

I'm not trying to sound like I support the guy, but I am saying that it took an absolute brass pair or an empty head (in this case it's a mixture of both) to go in there and do that.

I wasn't suggesting you were. I was referring to a growing majority of my fellow Countrymen. Being as I can't get 'British Citizen' off my passi.

He has previous of playing to the cheap seats and looking a dick in Brussels. This ones notion' new. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I wasn't suggesting you were. I was referring to a growing majority of my fellow Countrymen. Being as I can't get 'British Citizen' off my passi.

He has previous of playing to the cheap seats and looking a dick in Brussels. This ones notion' new. 

Hail. 

Simply put - Europe doesn't know what's best for the UK

But England knows whats best for Wales, Scotland (sort of), and Northern Ireland?

• Like 2

Ha... Brexit...

I'm split over the decision... really...

There's one part of me that thinks, good bye brits! I won't miss you in any way, you've always been using brakes regarding EU, and finally, you got what you deserve. You listen to two assholes and believe their lies, then live with it.

Now, there's the other part of me, that feelsfor all those that really believed in it and thinks that they should have work to make it better for every one. Those that saw the drawbacks of leaving having more impact than the benefits. Immigration? Refugee crisis? Who are we to condemn people that are trying to protect their lives and families to live in peace. Those acting against will be the first to ask for a home in another country if they end up in a war...

That referendum conforts me in the fact that Democracy is really a bad system. Dumb and stupid people are allowed to vote, and we're working on making them, more and more dumb and stupid, thus we shouldn't be surprised that the dumbest thing are coming out of these. From top to bottom I hardly see anything that tells me that brighter days are ahead.

I'm part of my townhall council, albeit a small one, I'm still astonished by the fact that out of 10 people, 3 are voicing their opinion, mayor and her hubby are doing what they want, and other are voting what they're told to. Most people don't really give a ****, and on't want any trouble, so they just sign the checks they're told to sign, even if that's stupid and could endanger the local economics. And that's all alike from top to bottom, once again.

Some are strong believers that immigration is bad, that it took their job, that the immigrants lives better lives than them without doing anything, that they deserve more. They believe that banks are ruining them, that they're ****ing them up the ass and that their bosses are all alike and prefers to delocalize their companies to Thailand and Laos for cheaper employees that won't complain..There's nothing more false than those statements.

I want to see those in favor of the leave, when their beloved Premier League will have to let the best players of the world go to the championship of Spain, Italy and Germany, because they won't be allowed to work... Sure they're gonna like that. Immigrants stole their jobs? Come on, the vast majority of the time they're doing works we don't want to do because we sees disregard that kind of jobs and those that do it. Basically, those that complain aren't doing a thing to make their live better, and wait for the government to ease their pain. They can wait.

The Farage and Johnson, are great example of people living of that. Their job is to complain, so they can feel powerful for a minute. But they don't have any idea of what to do if they ever get to the job. See how Boris "This isn't a wig" Johnson is backpedaling from the vote, saying there's no urge to leave... Man, he's already trying to **** up all those he lied to to save his sorry ass. He and Farage are both guys that know the U really well for many years. They really know the truth and what the Brexit means.  They took the campaign to a disgusting angle, that cost Jo Cox's live... with not much remorses or regrets... Sure EU is not perfect, by any means and grows to fast lately, but running away from it, is not the way to do it. Society of Nations should have taught them something... They must have been sleepy at school by the time.

So I mainly feel sorry for all my friends I do have in England that don't know what will happen to them now. I feel sorry for many of my english friends working with me, in the Company I'm in, because they don't know what will happen to them. I feel sorry for all those farmers that will be ruined because EU won't fund them, for those that wanted to remain and will have trouble to pay for their vegetables because prices will rise up heavily... I feel sorry for those Northern Ireland and Scots guys that feels completly ****ed up, and I will laugh if Scotland gets is Independance and Ireland is reunited.

But for all those that wanted to leave. I really don't feel sorry for ya if future is darker than what you thought. You may cry that Farage and Johnson lied to you, but you're also guilty for not looking up by yourself.

Say what you want about the whole situation...

But Nigel Farage went in there yesterday like a straight up gangster :lol: 

Don't know if it's empty head, or balls, or misplaced bragging, but the guy is asking to get buttkicked heavily by the EU... And 27 vs 1he's gonna get kicked hard. And if he believes US will back him up, he'll learn quickly enough that US interests are more linked to Germany that UK by now.

Farage just has a face you want to punch. And punch. And punch. And punch. 

And that's before the bigoted, racist, Nationalistic POS opens he's mouth. 

In his ideal World, and that of his party, England would stand alone and be full of white English people. 

How ANYONE can listen to that low life without a gun to their head, much less do what he suggests and follow, is utterly beyond me. 

He encompasses all that is wrong with this Country. But he plays to that. And his ilk is growing. 

Hail. 

He's looking forward to it. Bragging like he does is the best strategy he can have to fire up every and one other countries so they get punished heavily when leaving.

The best part, is that both he and Johnson never expected they would win, they lied outrageously to their people, now they don't know what to do and are hitting the brakes like crazy because they're unprepared? That's the kind of thing you should think of before doing something like that.

But England knows whats best for Wales, Scotland (sort of), and Northern Ireland?

I believe you forgot quite a few countries like Australia and Canada... That situation is surreal.

President Trump and PM Boris ..... Man, you'd get a higher IQ around a kindergarten lunch table then you would over that desk. 

Fun times indeed. Sighs. 

Hail. 

Don't worry, next year you'll have Marine Le Pen sitting at the same table and Putin as well...

World War III is coming, sadly, not in the theaters though... Doubt Matt Damon, Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise would be enough to prevent it...

Iceland or New Zealand seems like good countries to immigrate to.

We're supposed to make the world better for our children, not make it darker.

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/748130228032184320

Juncker: "Scotland has won the right to be heard in Brussels and I will listen carefully"
http://bbc.in/296xJ7c

8:25 AM

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/748194284487213056

"For heaven's sake, man, go!" David Cameron told Jeremy Corbyn. Video:

12:39 PM

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/29/brexit-live-sad-cameron-eu-immigration-corbyn-leadership?CMP=share_btn_tw

Tom Watson says he won't stand against Corbyn

Tom Watson is saying that he won’t stand against Jeremy Corbyn, but that there will be a contest. That means it will almost certainly be Corbyn v Angela Eagle (assuming Corbyn continues to refuse to resign).

Gove's wife raised concerns about Boris Johnson's leadership in leaked email

Sky News has got a cracking story. It has got hold of an email that Sarah Vine, Michael Gove’s wife, sent to Gove, and copied to his aides, saying that he had to insist on getting assurances from Boris Johnson before committing to backing him.

Edited by visionary

European Union leaders have warned that the UK must honour the principle of free movement of people if it wants to retain access to the single market after it leaves the bloc.

European Council President Donald Tusk said the UK could not pick and choose.

The French and German leaders also made clear that the freedom of movement of EU citizens was non-negotiable.

Immigration to the UK, particularly from poorer EU countries, was a key issue in the referendum campaign.

Some campaigners for Leave sent a clear message that the vote was about controlling immigration levels.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36659900

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-crabb-idUSKCN0ZF0H2?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=577406c604d3017050f298f4&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

UK PM candidate Crabb says immigration is red line in Brexit talks

Britain must secure control over immigration in divorce negotiations with the European Union, Stephen Crabb, the first candidate to put himself forward to succeed David Cameron as British prime minister, said on Wednesday.

Work and pensions minister Crabb, who supported Britain staying in the EU at last week's vote, ruled out holding another referendum and said his Conservative Party and the country must now unite in focusing on negotiating the best Brexit deal.

Cameron, who led the Remain campaign, announced his resignation after Britain voted by 52 to 48 percent to leave the bloc. A leadership contest within the ruling Conservative Party will take place to elect his successor by early September.

Crabb, a lawmaker since 2005, said it was vital Britain sought as close an economic relationship with the EU as it had now but it was also clear immigration curbs would be needed.

"The British people want control of immigration ... For us, this is a red-line," said Crabb, launching his leadership bid alongside business minister Sajid Javid who he said he would appoint as his finance minister if he won the top job.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scotlands-sturgeon-heartened-eu-talks-no-easy-path-165400036.html?ref=gs

Sturgeon says no 'easy path' for Scotland after Brexit

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she was "heartened" by her talks with EU officials Wednesday but said there was no "automatic easy path" to protecting her country's status in the EU after Brexit.

"I don't underestimate the challenge but I have been heartened today that I've found a willingness to listen," she said in Brussels six days after Britain -- but not Scotland -- voted to leave the EU.

She said after meeting European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker and MEPs that she had met "a lot of people expressing support for Scotland's position and wishing good luck in its attempts to protect its position with the EU".

She added though that this "of course doesn't translate into an automatic easy path for Scotland through the situation we find ourselves in which I stress is not a situation of our making.

"But I leave Brussels tonight in good heart and optimistic," she told a news conference.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/29/brexit-live-sad-cameron-eu-immigration-corbyn-leadership?page=with:block-5773fec3e4b03de63694af0c&CMP=share_btn_tw#block-5773fec3e4b03de63694af0c

McDonnell: Number of Labour MPs "tearing the party apart"

John McDonnell has said Jeremy Corbyn is “not going anywhere” and has called on those opposing the Labour leader to “calm down”.

“Unfortunately a number of MPs are tearing the party apart,” the shadow chancellor said in a Sky News interview in the last half an hour, in which he named Tom Watson and Angela Eagle as likely challengers.

“I think what is happening, because it goes on minute by minute, is that we are likely to see a candidate come forward to challenge Jeremy. I don’t know who. There have been rumours that it is Angela Eagle or Tom Watson,” he said.

McDonnell also put his support for Corbyn on the record again and insisted that the Labour leader was in buoyant form: “They have all these rumours about one minute I am challenging Jeremy Corbyn and the next I am forcing him to be the leader.

“This is ludicrous. He is a good mate of mine. We go back 35 years. I’ll support him to continue as leader. If there is a contest I’ll support him.”

“All I am saying to everybody is ‘calm down’. We call ourselves comrades in the Labour party. Let’s do it in a comradely, friendly manner if there is to be this debate.”

Watson says he tried to tell Corbyn to resign, but Corbyn would not discuss it with him

Tom Watson, Labour’s deputy leader, told the BBC that he tried to tell Jeremy Corbyn to resign, but Corbyn would not discuss it with him.

I’m afraid Jeremy was not willing to discuss that with me. I’m assuming that he remains in office. That’s where the situation stands.

Watson also said he thought that Corbyn was trying to tough it out.

I just think he feels very strongly that he has that mandate from the members. He holds less weight on parliamentary politics, and that’s where he is. He’s obviously been told to stay by John McDonnell and his team, and they’ve decided they’re going to tough this out. It looks like the Labour party is heading for some kind of contested election.

Ken Livingstone has announced he has given up his seat on Labour’s national executive committee. He was not able attend because he was suspended, and he will be replaced by another Corbynite.

This could be significant if the NEC ends up having to rule on matters relating to the expected leadership contest, such was whether or not Jeremy Corbyn needs the backing of 50 MPs and MEPs to stand.

Edited by visionary

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor/take-back-control-sadiq-khan-calls-for-more-powers-for-london-to-protect-capital-after-brexit-vote-a3282551.html

Sadiq Khan today called for London to "take back control" of its own destiny in the aftermath of the EU referendum.

The Mayor issued a demand for more tax-raising powers "right now" as well as far-reaching command of public services.

His devolution wish-list stopped short of calling for London, the only English region to vote to stay within the EU, as a city-state.

But he stressed the extra powers would be necessary to protect the capital's economy, jobs and prosperity from the uncertainty of Brexit ahead.

They include greater financial autonomy, as well as wide-ranging control over business and skills, housing and planning, transport, health and criminal justice.

Edited by visionary

I hardly see London separate from the reste of the England as a city state...

What the **** is going out there? Britain is just exploding or what?

Hard to believe that those same people that sung the Marseillaise at Wembley post November 13th, are coming to such extremities...

"The people who voted how I didn't want them to are all stupid."

"Democracy is a terrible system when my side loses."

"52% of the U.K. are racist."

"No, really. Two terrible people hoodwinked over half the population who voted."

As long as the people saying these types of things are also against GOTV initiatives and don't want uneducated minorities or "white trash" voting....

Logical consistency is a ****.

• Like 2

As long as the people saying these types of things are also against GOTV initiatives and don't want uneducated minorities or "white trash" voting....

Logical consistency is a ****.

I'm all for educating people, not only minorities. Problem is when those are educated by the wrong guys.

Say NO to spreading bull****.

To be fair Wales voted out too and they are currently pissing in the same pot as England.

And most people in England probably do know what's best for Scotland............

• Like 1

The amount of reported hate crimes since the vote toward both foreign people and property is an absolute disgrace.

Agree, to add context.....

Reports of hate crime have risen 57 per cent in the aftermath of the EU referendum vote, according to the National Police Chiefs’ Council.

There were 85 reports of hate crimes to True Vision, a police-funded reporting website, between Thursday and Sunday compared with 54 reports over the same period four weeks ago.

....so that's an extra 7 or 8 individual cases per day. Unacceptable I agree, merely adding context by noting volumes.

• Like 1

Hopefully not as the Tory's are a no opposition party right now and Labour has a LONG way to go to win back its traditional voters.

Andy Burnham would be a great choice. A traditionalist who cares and can really lead.

Hail.

Burnham now one of the few standing firm with Corbyn. Hard to tell what his game is unless he's just lying in wait for now.

Burnham now one of the few standing firm with Corbyn. Hard to tell what his game is unless he's just lying in wait for now.

I honestly don't know what's going on with Labour mate save to say it's a cluster**** of EPIC proportions. 

Boris must be pissing himself as he buys more time trying to figure out what the Hell to do over Europe. 

Hail. 

Agree, to add context.....

Reports of hate crime have risen 57 per cent in the aftermath of the EU referendum vote, according to the National Police Chiefs’ Council.

There were 85 reports of hate crimes to True Vision, a police-funded reporting website, between Thursday and Sunday compared with 54 reports over the same period four weeks ago.

....so that's an extra 7 or 8 individual cases per day. Unacceptable I agree, merely adding context by noting volumes.

Absolutely despicable mate. I'd take any of those foreigners ANY day of the week over the low life POS Brits dragging our name lower and lower. And they're growing in number. 

Funny how Boris has clammed up after he played a MAJOR role in stirring all this hatred up huh?

Hail. 

Corbyn to face Labour leadership challenge from Angela Eagle - BBC News

She just might well be the ideal candidate to pull the party back together. Very credible career to date, left wing, old school traditionalist who's still open enough to be forward thinking in this day and age, and who stands up for what she believes in even at the expense of the populist party line (voting for the Syrian strikes a prime example) that is just what Labour needs to get back to, to stand upto the ultra right wing fractions taking over the Tory's. 

Hail. 

You seem to be implying that the masses are to stupid to remember or understand that before Trump/Sanders that the Republican economics and Democratic economics were different- that policies that include tax cuts for the wealthy and tax breaks that largely benefit the wealthy and tax policies that allow for large inter-generational passing of wealth might affect the amount wealth the wealthy are able to accumulate.

And they are dumb enough to not have realized this or remember it.

I guess, at least at some level, I'm willing to give them more credit than that.

You seem to imply there is a difference in the two policies and one is better than the other.  I would like an explanation of how things are better for either party.

You seem to imply there is a difference in the two policies and one is better than the other.  I would like an explanation of how things are better for either party.

Better is a bit undefined.

https://gspp.berkeley.edu/research/featured/estate-taxes-vital-tool-for-fighting-income-inequality-raising-revenue

http://www.njpp.org/media/articles/report-finds-estate-tax-repeal-would-widen-njs-income-gap

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/238862-both-parties-fired-up-over-vote-on-estate-tax-repeal