Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: NFL Execs: The Cowboys Under Stephen Jones Are Turning into a 'Scary' Contender

But he said this:

"Seriously when is the last time they have hit on a pick after the first round? I can't think of anyone.."

This is also a league where hitting on picks on the 2nd and 3rd days of the draft are absolutely necessary if you want any type of sustained success.

Ooops....my bad. Misread his post haha.

According to his wiki page, the guy has had a lot of drug problems, and a couple of scrapes with the law. Most recently in 2013 when he was charged with simple battery:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quincy_Carter

Thanks. I knew about after the fact what happened to him. I meant more specifically why the Cowboys decided to cut him at the time. He hadn't gotten in trouble yet as far as I know and like I said, he just came off a playoff season.

Thanks. I knew about after the fact what happened to him. I meant more specifically why the Cowboys decided to cut him at the time. He hadn't gotten in trouble yet as far as I know and like I said, he just came off a playoff season.

I remember reading that the Cowboys cut him because he tested positive for cocaine after already being in a substance abuse program and failing an earlier drug test.

I remember reading that the Cowboys cut him because he tested positive for cocaine after already being in a substance abuse program and failing an earlier drug test.

Didn't Parcells march into his room at 1 AM to cut him, or some such. Bascially threw him out on the street right then and there?

Yeah I remember hearing a rumor about cocaine pretty shortly after it happened but it never made it past rumorville. Like I said, I always expected there to eventually be more to the story and it just never came. It was always surprising to me since it we're talking about the young playoff QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

And it must have been a team test because I don't recall him being suspended by the league or anything.

Annnyway, thanks for confirming the coke rumor and that I wasn't misremrnbering and making it up in my head.

The worst part is that popularity typically breeds popularity. Bandwagon Cowboys fans have kids, say, "Hey! Murica's team!!!!111!1" The cycle begins anew. The media (and can you REALLY blame them?) puts them all over the TV because they're the most popular team, love them or hate them. 

I bet you could find a LOT of people who say, "My favorite teams are: Cowboys/Yankees/Lakers" Also, with the success of the Patriots the past few years, that bandwagon is in full effect. I had never MET a Patriots fan prior to that first Super Bowl and now anyone who is within 600 miles of the Northeast claims them. 

Archived