Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 17 Thread - Connected Franchises Online League Info

Dont Taze Me Bro

The buttons map the same.  The only difference is the there is a huge button in the middle of the PS4, that calls time outs without having to pause.  And the options button that pauses the game and goes into the menus (depth chart, etc.) in game.

But the other buttons line up.  Y (XB) = Triangle (PS), X(XB) = Square(PS), A (XB) = X (PS) and B (XB) = O (PS) - all are in the exact same place on both controllers.  Same with the Right Button/R Trigger  and Left Button/L Trigger on Xbox it equals R1 and R2 (trigger) and L1 and L2 (trigger) on PS4.

Both analog sticks pressing down = L3 and R3 (can't remember if it's listed like that on XB1).

The only other main difference is the placement of the PS4 left analog stick and directional pad, they are reversed on PS4, so both analog sticks are directly across horizontally with the directional pad directly across horizontally across from the square, triangle, circle and X buttons.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for the tips, as I won the tournament this past Saturday.

I will be helping the owner promote their next one, in late May.

It's hosted at the bungalow lakehouse in Sterling Virginia.

If any of you guys are interested, let me know.

Right now we are looking for 12 players, and the entry fee is $28.

First prize is $250 cash, and maybe a gift card to there, in addition.

Second prize is $50.

I think it will be Xbox One and PS4 platforms, with winners dictating the console of their preference, or it will be one or the other.

It's very nice place to play actually, and the championship game is played on the big screen.

Let me know

• 3 months later...

So, I know I'm a very strange lady for caring, but Madden 17 ratings are out. My fiance and I are quite looking forward to it's release.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17_PJV-vWoTMDnVE-fnnjE2qt51OJo7FrvdkG-Baja_8/edit#gid=170817166

(The ratings are on EA's site, but it's torture to navigate of course, so someone compiled them in a spreadsheet for easier viewing)

The ratings look much more spread out than before....and the Redskins don't look terrible, at least. Anyone interested in playing in a league this year? My schedule is lighter than last year and I will likely be bored. :)

So, I know I'm a very strange lady for caring, but Madden 17 ratings are out. My fiance and I are quite looking forward to it's release.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17_PJV-vWoTMDnVE-fnnjE2qt51OJo7FrvdkG-Baja_8/edit#gid=170817166

(The ratings are on EA's site, but it's torture to navigate of course, so someone compiled them in a spreadsheet for easier viewing)

The ratings look much more spread out than before....and the Redskins don't look terrible, at least. Anyone interested in playing in a league this year? My schedule is lighter than last year and I will likely be bored. :)

I'm down.  What system you play on SP?  I can't remember if I have you added or not.  If it's on PS4, Rodrigo that posts on here has a league that myself and some others on here are in (momma, Goonie, MLS formerly) along with some of their friends and my BIL. 

I haven't talked to those guys in a while, but I'm sure they will start it back up.  If not, we can do another one.  If its on XB1, I'm down too.

I'm down. What system you play on SP? I can't remember if I have you added or not. If it's on PS4, Rodrigo that posts on here has a league that myself and some others on here are in (momma, Goonie, MLS formerly) along with some of their friends and my BIL.

I haven't talked to those guys in a while, but I'm sure they will start it back up.If not, we can do another one. If its on XB1, I'm down too.

I'm on PS4, but didn't have much time to play the last couple of years, so it's gonna be realllll ugly.

Updated the thread title to Madden 17.  No need to start a new one and clog up the boards.

Cool, that's the reason that I didn't start a new one! :)

What sort of defenses do you guys fancy? I'm a franchise mode guy 95% of the time so I like to build up the squad. I always lean towards speed and man coverage as the biggest skills I look for in FA and draft. Run a ton of cover 0 and 2 man under.

I like to keep things simple and not have to think about assignments and zones too much, so I can go full speed at the QB/Run/or personally double cover whoever I think the ball is going to. Don't know if that made sense to anyone but me lol.

What sort of defenses do you guys fancy? I'm a franchise mode guy 95% of the time so I like to build up the squad. I always lean towards speed and man coverage as the biggest skills I look for in FA and draft. Run a ton of cover 0 and 2 man under.

I like to keep things simple and not have to think about assignments and zones too much, so I can go full speed at the QB/Run/or personally double cover whoever I think the ball is going to. Don't know if that made sense to anyone but me lol.

If I weren't in a league with some peeps on here, I'd post some of what I do.  I'll say this, I like to mix it up a lot across formations, I use a customized playbook and have just about every defensive formation out there at my disposal.  I always start out with the same formation, same couple of sets for the first set of downs to try and get a feel for my opponent and if playing in a league their players.

Well, you need to work on your defense.

Anyone can run a sweep plays left or right with Adrian Peterson, or a screen pass to a quick tailback or a TE post to a solid TE.

Stopping those plays, that's the difference between good and great.

Funny Madden quip:

Ethan Albright was always the lowest rated Madden player for years. It was a running joke. A fake Ethan Albright used to make waves, complaining publicly about it.

Ironically, the lowest rated Madden player in Madden 17 is Nick Sundberg.

I think that's hilarious. Trent Williams is like a 95 long snapper in Madden 16, but I always take him out

I edited the thread title to include discussion about the connected franchise online leagues for both systems.  Anyone that is interested on joining a league on PS4 please let us know.  We might have 5-6 people already, but the more the merrier.  Its a fun league, we do a complete 53 round draft, which will be at 10am EST on August 27th.  I'm not the commissioner, but he is one of our ES brothers, Rodrigo.  

If you want to join, we ask that you are willing to commit to at least to 1-2 full seasons.  And by committing, meaning participation in the user vs user games, not going into auto pilot for any of those (if at all possible) and not giving up or tanking/quitting in the middle of the season because your team sucks, or your record sucks, etc.  Of course real life issues might take place that prevent one from setting a time for the user vs user games or having to let your team play against the CPU teams instead of you playing the actual game.  That is understood and fine, but prior to joining if you are hesitant to stay committed for a full season or more, reconsider before joining.  

Last year, we had a few just drop almost immediately and go MIA and in permanent auto pilot.  Also, we usually advance two days a week (Tuesdays and Fridays - IIRC), and we communicate in the league via email.  So when you have a game against another human player, you need to email them and set up a day/time to play the game.  If interested, please post in here and list your PS4 gamertag.  Since email is private, feel free to send me a PM with that info to pass along to the commissioner.

Edit:  I will edit the first post of the thread to use to keep track of those interested in starting a league on both systems.  

Archived