Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 17 Thread - Connected Franchises Online League Info

Dont Taze Me Bro

Anyone tried out the Draft Champions mode yet?  It's awesome imo.  So you do an individual 15 round player draft.  You start off and pick a coach, it will give you three to choose from.  Then it starts the draft.

Each round will put up three player cards, three different positions, you pick one.  Then repeat through 15 picks.  You will see repeats at position each round, for example, I picked Alfred Morris in the 6th, then in the 15th, they put up three stud players like 2003 LT.  So when I picked him, it knocked Morris out of my lineup but moved him to FB.  

You can choose to draft and play against the CPU or head to head against other players.  It's short 4 min quarters.  Fun as hell.  If you win out I'm not sure what reward you get, but I think you can only lose once to be eliminated.

@spaceman - my recommendation is to keep it on All-Pro, all the online ranked games and most (assuming it can be changed) connected franchise leagues will be at that setting.  Playing against CPU AI on pro will be way to easy and you will still have to adjust to the AI controlled players speed and abilities.  That's my personal opinion.  Years ago (talking 2003-2005) I wouldn't hop online right away and would play a quick game against the computer.  I would make them the best defensive team (was Bucs or Ravens) and use the Skins and set it on All-Madden difficulty.  I would play until I could move the ball and convert and score more often than not.  Usually 2-3 games total.  Then I would hit it up online and it made it easier since it was all-pro.  Just my opinion.

You're right.  Actually, I thought about playing some practice games on All Madden so All Pro wouldn't be so hard.

I actually beat the Patriots last night with RG3 as my quarterback since McCoy got his wrist dislocated.  I should have won in regulation but screwed up horribly and it went into overtime.  I won the toss and took it right down the field with a touchdown drive and won.

I'm getting better with throwing.  If there's a single high safety, I'll usually audible out of whatever I'm in and send DeSean on a streak and with the aggressive catch he's got a good chance of bringing it in.  

I noticed that penalties always seem to go against me.  Would you guys consider it a glitch that Jeron Johnson got TWO FACEMASK PENALTIES IN A ROW during one game?  Holding calls are always against me, never on the other team.  Anyone else notice this?

Oh, and as far as running.  There's a great play in I-Form, I can't remember what it's called but it's a sweep play.  In past Madden's I've hated sweeps, but this one works really well.  The fullblack blocks really well, the guard pulls and if you pass protect to the right at the line of scrimmage in the audibles you can rip off some big chunks of yards.  Stay right behind the blockers and it works well.  Jones spelled Morris for a play and I got a 30 yard run with him that set me up for a score against the Pats.  I got close to 100 yards with Morris running that play a lot.

Had an epic game last night as the Redskins online against the Bengals.

Guy throws an int on his 3rd play from the game so I had great field position. Until I threw an int on my first play. So he goes down the field but I stuff him at about the 18 and he kicks a FG. 3-0 Bengals

I then go a quick 3 and out. Geno Atkins is destroying the Redskins OL, I'm pinching and max protecting and it's garbage. So he goes down the field with ease after my punt and gets inside the 10. Throws a fade to AJ Green who possesses it but Nacho is able to poke it free on the way down. Force a FG 6-0 Bengals 1:35 left in 2nd quarter, 1 TO left.

I then start rolling Griffin out of the pocket and hit on a couple nice passes. Get the ball down to the 3 with 30 seconds left. End up at 3rd down with 15 seconds left. Recognize the coverage and udible Jordan Reed to an out route. He's wide open, Griffin plants his feet and spikes one in the dirt 3 yards in front of Reed. FG. 6-3 Bengals at halftime

Opening kickoff of 2nd half Crowder cuts right breaks 3 tackles and hits the sideline exploding downfield before finally being tackled at the Bengals 23. End up working the ball to the 2. Try to get cute on 3rd down and run a toss with Thompson outside who is tackled almost before he even catches the pitch. FG. 6-6

Bengals then work their way down dunking and dunking before going deep to Hawkins or Sanu, can't remember. Goldson and Amerson are on him it should be an easy deflection at worst, Goldson goes up and somehow loses track of the ball or gets boxes out by HawkSanu and the Bengals complete the 45 yard bomb. They end up scoring a few plays later. Devastating blow with only 39 seconds left in the 3rd quarter.

Next drive, Griffin gets absolutely punished on first down. Comically bad sack. Then slings one 8 yards out of bounds on 2nd down. So 3rd and 17, hope fading, steps into the pocket and fires to Crowder who is running the seam with inside leverage on the safety. Crowder gets popped but hangs onto the ball. First down. Continue slowly but effectively working my way down the field. Inside the 5 yet again where the struggles continue. 2min left. 4th down from the 2. I have a pass called but audible to a dive after seeing the defensive line a bit spread out even as 75% of me knows Atkins is going to blow the whole damn thing up. Sure enough, run is stopped behind the line of scrimmage. Benagals ball. 1:50 or left.

He runs on first down for a 2 yard gain. Throws out of bounds (not intentional) on 2nd down. Follows that up by going deep on 3rd down and overthrows HawkSanu. For some reason he decides to go for it on fourth down. He hits AJ Green on a cross for the first down but as AJ is coming down with it, Nacho is there again to knock the ball out. Turnover on downs. The two exchange word after the play.

So ball inside the 5 again. Throw a quick Z spot curl to DJax and he promptly fumbles on the 2 yard line. Ball is just layin there on the 2 for an eternity. Finally, out of nowhere, Glass Joe Reed comes diving into the picture to fall on the ball and maintain possession. Next play D Young punch it in for the score. 13-13 52 seconds left in game.

Bengals return kickoff to 35, nearly broke free. First play of drive he overthrows HawkSanu on a post and Goldson is there for the int at midfield.

With only 1 TO I have to go no huddle and I'm able to get to the 35 with 8 seconds left and 1TO. I barely trust Kai Forbath on PATs much less 50 yard FGs, especially with the online kick meter lag you never can be too sure. I have to get closer. So I out Niles Paul on a dig, he has a LB in zone and I give the double tap touch pass and drop a beauty right to him as he clears the zone, he has another 5 yards or so of running room and as I see a defender I dive into their legs going down and calling a TO with 1 second remaining.

Kai nails the 36 yard FG for the win 16-13.

I went to bed happy.

Well I started my franchise last night and began by dealing away Robert, PotRoast, Garcon, Morris, Kory L., Hatcher and Galette. I stockpiled draft choices and traded a 3rd round pick for AJ McCarron who I then flipped to the bills for EJ Manuel. I did that because I didn't care for AJs ratings after really scouting him. Should've done so before dealing for him.

My starting lineup is a bit different but the only major changes are Manuel, Matt Jones and Preston Smith starting. I'm 1-2 at this point.

I'm loving the new game modes, MUT seems more improved, the Draft Champions mode is just fun as hell imo.  It's like a mini-MUT game, you gotta do the quick draft (takes 2-3 mins) and you have a fantasy football team (all the players are 80s rating or better - I think).  

Then you play others head to head against their teams, win four and get the prize (2 wins away), single elimination though.  Lose one, start over with a new team.  First game I abused the other guy with Jimmy Graham, had almost 200 yards receiving.  Second game, guy was Dallas (uniforms only) I was Redskins and it made me want to beat his ass even more.

I ended up scoring a TD late in the 4th and going up by 3.  Then he got down the field, I stuffed him on 4th and 3 and he conceded.

So I did the draft champions option vs the CPU, its only three wins and the reward was a player card pack for MUT, but it was gold level, so it came with a bunch of sell now for quick gold coin cards, like 150-175, some decent players silver and gold (random).  Which is a decent start to building your MUT.

After that I just went back to finish the draft champions versus other people.  Got beat in my third game.  Tied the guy up but blew coverage and he scored a TD with 6 seconds left.  Still gave me a silver level pack, gold coin cards were in smaller amounts and the players were mainly bronze, did get a decent silver player to plug in though.

Holy ****!  I just had the most wicked catch ever in Madden 16.  Was doing the Draft Champions, ended up with Gronk as my TE.  Ran a PA cross pass to him, bombed the pass and it was Gronk in 1 on 1 coverage.

He goes up to catch the ball, defender still looking at him not the ball and Gronk was in front of him.  Next thing I see, Gronk leaps and turns 180 degrees in the air, his chest is in the CB's face, reaches down and snags the ball (which is behind the defender), pulls it up and over the CB and goes down with the secure catch.

Craziest animation I've seen so far this year.  First pass of the game to Gronk, guy immediately quit the game.

#yeah****youjustgotgronk'd

I've actually gotten somewhat proficient with RG3.  Hard to believe considering how much he blew in the first few games.  McCoy's wrist dislocation made me use him and try to figure it out.  Intermediate passing, not much over 15 yards, definitely don't try to throw on the run and only bomb it deep to Jackson when he's got a 1 on 1 and can go up for the aggressive catch.  

I've actually gotten somewhat proficient with RG3. Hard to believe considering how much he blew in the first few games. McCoy's wrist dislocation made me use him and try to figure it out. Intermediate passing, not much over 15 yards, definitely don't try to throw on the run and only bomb it deep to Jackson when he's got a 1 on 1 and can go up for the aggressive catch.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm limited to 15 yard or shorter passes, and like you said easy deep bombs. Always make sure you set your feet though.

Been using a good dose of read option with him, hasn't been injured yet "crosses fingers". Helps to bring his confidence up so his arm isn't quite as wild.

THe problem with Madden is that they threw in all these statistics to try to make it like a TV broadcast, when all we want to do is play. Don't care about stats. I really hope you can skip through that ****. 

I remember Madden 08 and it was just call a play and then the players would break the huddle and get on the field. It was that simple. 

Well during the game they throw in a bunch of statistics and broadcast information that no one cares about because they're just trying to get the next play called.

Madden has gone more and more into presentation instead of you just picking a play and running the play.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=106422143#post106422143

Madden annoys me at times with the game presentation (I'd like to click through the crap faster, and it always pops up meaningless stats at the worst times like during hurry up). It annoys me even more with the way it ****ING CHEATS. Especially during rivalry games and in the 4th quarter.

Well during the game they throw in a bunch of statistics and broadcast information that no one cares about because they're just trying to get the next play called.

Madden has gone more and more into presentation instead of you just picking a play and running the play.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?p=106422143#post106422143

Madden annoys me at times with the game presentation (I'd like to click through the crap faster, and it always pops up meaningless stats at the worst times like during hurry up). It annoys me even more with the way it ****ING CHEATS. Especially during rivalry games and in the 4th quarter.

The stats don't bother me because they don't interfere. The only thing slightly annoying are the QB replays where it shows all the deep passes or sacks etc throughout the game and you can't skip them.

There is an option in the settings though were you can change presentation from 'exhibition' to 'quick' or something like that and I believe it removes some of that stuff like the TV timeouts and 2min warning delays to make it faster. I'd assume replays are included as well

Edit: I haven't tried yet to see if it works though. 

Archived