Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Tech/IT Thread

Gamebreaker

I don’t even have the mental capacity to read the white paper that just popped up in my feed about cloud randsomware attacks

hp, log4*, aws outage Wednesday, duo’s entire system crashing from the aws outage…

been a rough December 😂 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

HELP!!!

I think my computer is crashing!  When I enter my password, Microsoft says it can't log into my account, tells me to sign out & sign back in but does the same thing. 

HELP!!!

That is an issue with software not really your computer.  Is your computer logged into the internet with the right date and time.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yes. 

20220105_183720.jpg

I am assuming you have signed out and tried signing in again. If that is the case then go to live.com on your phone and sign in with the same email and password that you are using to sign into you computer to make sure there is no issues on MS side.

Edited by zskins
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

I am assuming you have signed out and tried signing in again. If that is the case then go to live.com on your phone and sign in with the same email and password that you are using to sign into you computer to make sure there is no issues on MS side.

It says my account doesn't exist!  What the hell?!?

On 1/5/2022 at 11:43 PM, zskins said:

Just realized you don't have a MS account so that means your local profile is not working and signing you in with the temp one. 

Do this instead:

https://youtu.be/jAJpPCJYagI

I swear, nothing is working. Got cut off from a Geek Squad phone call after 20 minutes on hold. 

I'm gonna miss the Caps game. 

36 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I swear, nothing is working. Got cut off from a Geek Squad phone call after 20 minutes on hold. 

I'm gonna miss the Caps game. 

You can still use your internet in temp mode though. 

Do you have Geek Squad Tech Support plan?

30 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah , I figured out temp mode & got my game stream 😎

No, I never thought I'd need it. 

I probably should have paid attention when my husband was trying to teach me how to fix stupid things like this. 

When you have time follow the instructions. Found one that is really clear and understandable.

https://www.sysprobs.com/fix-temporary-profile-windows-7

On 12/17/2021 at 12:38 PM, tshile said:

I don’t even have the mental capacity to read the white paper that just popped up in my feed about cloud randsomware attacks

hp, log4*, aws outage Wednesday, duo’s entire system crashing from the aws outage…

been a rough December 😂 

We use Kronos and it’s still down with no projected repair time. What a **** show. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I've got a Bose system hooked up to it, nothing worked...didn't matter, the game sucked. 

I've tried the last link, like you said, should be easy. But none of the **** I need to find is in my registry. 

I'm a whole lot smarter than this stupid ****ing computer. 

**** it. 

22 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I've tried the last link, like you said, should be easy. But none of the **** I need to find is in my registry. 

I'm a whole lot smarter than this stupid ****ing computer. 

**** it. 

What do you have running on it? Windows 10?

14 hours ago, tshile said:

Really? Idk how that company can survive being down that long. Isn’t it running your pay checks?

The paychecks are run in our finance office.  Kronos was used for scheduling and tracking hours and charges.  It’s a total PIA right now. Been almost a month.  

On 1/8/2022 at 6:51 PM, zskins said:

What do you have running on it? Windows 10?

I've tried the "

On 1/7/2022 at 7:49 PM, zskins said:

When you have time follow the instructions. Found one that is really clear and understandable.

https://www.sysprobs.com/fix-temporary-profile-windows-7

I keep trying this, but all of the stuff in the profile list doesn't show up...what am I missing??