Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fan Captains - Check your email....

MarkB452

I got my email at Fri, Jul 10, 2015 02:03 PM.

This years event is at FedEx and involves the new concessions at FedEx Field.

That's about all I can say.....and free food is a good thing.   :)

BTW, they also asked us to update our info.  There was an attachment that you can fill out and send back. I imagine with seat relocations and relocations (the real life variety), they need to update their records. 

Mark, please let us know the skinny on the concessions when you attend the event (whenever it might be).

Also, anyone attending Military Appreciation Day at FedEx tomorrow?  I'm not in the military so I'm not going, but wondering if anyone who is going can get some ground level pics of how the seating bowl looks with the now smaller upper deck.

A Fan Captain is a fan who attends most games and is willing to volunteer to proactively help the team in certain respects on game day.  For example, if he/she sees certain stadium rules not being adhered to (e.g. smoking in the stands) which obviously interferes with the game day experience of other fans, he will text (or call) the team and report the issue.  Or if he sees a fight in the parking lot, he'll report it. 

In return for their service, the team will, at various random times, do things for Fan Captains, like provide a free tour of the stadium, a free tour of Redskins Park, free tickets to training camp, free pre-game field passes, provide free Fan Captain T-shirts and ball caps, etc. 

If you're interested in being a Fan Captain, send an email to fancaptains@redskins.com.

Sorry I won't make it down to the stadium this evening...

ESHEAD9_Sjpg.jpg

Thank you very much.

A Fan Captain is a fan who attends most games and is willing to volunteer to proactively help the team in certain respects on game day.  For example, if he/she sees certain stadium rules not being adhered to (e.g. smoking in the stands) which obviously interferes with the game day experience of other fans, he will text (or call) the team and report the issue.  Or if he sees a fight in the parking lot, he'll report it. 

In return for their service, the team will, at various random times, do things for Fan Captains, like provide a free tour of the stadium, a free tour of Redskins Park, free tickets to training camp, free pre-game field passes, provide free Fan Captain T-shirts and ball caps, etc. 

If you're interested in being a Fan Captain, send an email to fancaptains@redskins.com.

Sorry I won't make it down to the stadium this evening...

ESHEAD9_Sjpg.jpg

• 2 months later...

Redskins just drafted me as a fan captain. Don't know yet if I'm on the practice squad or main roster.

Watch out all you scofflaws or I'll report you to the FedEx Police! :ph34r:

Bad news, PFT just reported you have been cut. I'm sure the team will notify you by Monday.

• 1 month later...

...too early for me....was hoping this would something like they did for the Fan Captains at the Vikings game a few years ago (forget the year, but Peterson got hurt and the game was played just before Christmas).  We got field passes and a tour.  We got a group shot with Bruce Allen as well.

So who's showing up to the stadium early on Sunday?

:)

Not me.

This is one Fan Captain who will not spare any valuable tailgating time for a photo-op.

I give Bob props,it's a great program. It's cool that they have it organized, in such a way, that you don't miss too much tailgating, if you do want to take advantage of the opportunity.

I agree. Too early and on the opposite side of the stadium from where we tailgate. Nice of them to do, but we are getting nothing in return. If you want us to come to the field, I was kinda hoping they would give field passes. I know 7-8 people who aren't going but he said close to 50 have RSVP'd so far. That's surprising.

Yeah I can see how it might be inconvenient if you're tailgating up in the Green F lot or something...

I'm lucky enough to be in Purple D so it's a short walk to the player's tunnel.  It's fun to walk through the same entrance the players use and then come onto the field through the Redskins tunnel.  We get a pic of ourselves when it's all over. 

45 minutes won't kill me.  :) 

Yeah I can see how it might be inconvenient if you're tailgating up in the Green F lot or something...

I'm lucky enough to be in Purple D so it's a short walk to the player's tunnel.  It's fun to walk through the same entrance the players use and then come onto the field through the Redskins tunnel.  We get a pic of ourselves when it's all over. 

45 minutes won't kill me.  :)

Correct, and that's exactly where we tailgate - Green F. One of my buddies (also a Fan Captain) just had hip replacement surgery so that's just too much. A field pass for a bit would be nice but I assume with the field pass and tunnel huddle rewards program now, that would be way too many people. This guy Robert is a really nice guy and is into it for sure, so it's nice to see that he does that. He came to our tailgate in a Redskins golf cart and let us take it for a quick stroll, which was pretty cool. He said he borrowed it from some "Allen" guy. 

Archived