Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NATION Parents out 'black' NAACP leader as white woman

Riggo-toni

Edit/update to add: One question I have is "What did she check on her job applications?" My guess is that she checked all the boxes - is that lying?

Although folks have insinuated she "lied" I would like to see the hard proof. Checking all the boxes would have some meaning that warrants further questions.

All jobs don't have those boxes to check. If you apply online, I don't even know that it would be legal.

I do know that employers will Google potential employees.

All jobs don't have those boxes to check. If you apply online, I don't even know that it would be legal.

I do know that employers will Google potential employees.

Most online applications do have race boxes they expect applicants to check off on. There is always an opt out box if you don't want to answer, but the employers ask about race, gender, and disability. You have the right not to answer and theoretically it won't be held against you.

semi-serious question

Can ya marry into a race?

Does it depend on how you view marriage? (two becoming one for life)

or is it strictly a gene thing

I would believe that you can, but you as a person can only be identified as ONE...pick one, only.

And of course, it can have an impact on how you view marriage.

But upon how you check the boxes, (which I think is what most right-wingers are concerned about in this particular instance), check your friends. Make sure those you "hang out with" aren't the wrong people.

And on that note, I have to ask: DIDN'T YOUR PARENTS TEACH YOU THAT? Damned if they didn't.

So what you're telling me is that i was pretty much right , but you jumped on me because you interpreted my post as me being pro name change.

i would say you were wrong about a 12 year old survey on this topic being outdated, but thats more of an opinion. 

i'll post my rant in the name change thread. 

So what you're telling me is that i was pretty much right , but you jumped on me because you interpreted my post as me being pro name change.

No. What I said and what I'm saying is that your claim that there has only been one poll that asked Native Americans about the name, is not true.

2002 Sports Illustrated

2004 Annenberg

2014 New Mexico

No. What I said and what I'm saying is that your claim that there has only been one poll that asked Native Americans about the name, is not true.

2002 Sports Illustrated

2004 Annenberg

2014 New Mexico

I should've said exclusively. Sorry for the error.

Go redskins

No. What I said and what I'm saying is that your claim that there has only been one poll that asked Native Americans about the name, is not true.

2002 Sports Illustrated

2004 Annenberg

2014 New Mexico

Could you provide some links to those polls? 

Only one I'd heard of, was that imitation poll that some professor in California ginned up. 

Could you provide some links to those polls? 

Only one I'd heard of, was that imitation poll that some professor in California ginned up. 

Sports Illustrated " Indian Wars ". " Asked if they were offended by the name Redskins, 75%

of Native American respondents in SI's poll said they were not "

http://www.abqjournal.com/428862/news/new-mexicans-say-washington-should-stick-with-redskins.html

I'm done here.

the one I choose is American, Mary.....tis simpler and frustrates the govt.

one is a fallacy unless it is simply choice

I think you have a great case for doing your version of  what I do--identity yourself as Texan first and last. BTW, I was surprised not to see a thread on it, but enjoyed watching the Texas Rising mini series on the History channel. They scored again (I like Vikings). You?

I like Vikings but haven't had a chance to watch Rising yet.....things are a bit unsettled with the old folk unfortunately.

My cousins have been raving on it, but then they are Texas fanatics

Archived