Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins: Martrell Spaight LB Arkansas

TSO

Like this kid a LOT! He's been on some peoples radar for a while now, smart, instinctive player, you see him reading plays consistently and putting himself in position to make a play. He's thumper, can really hit but time and time again you see him tackle, not just going for a highlight hit but wrap a man up and hold him until reinforcements finish him off. No, he doesn't have the straightline speed to run down open WRs but good acceleration at the point of attack.

Liked the draft overall but this is the kid I'm going to be watching for especially, a nasty rebuilt D line will gives him lots of opportunities.

Paging Koolblue13. Koolblue13 to the white courtesy phone.

Still feel this way? Seems this guy is getting some real praise in here.

touche ols

The more I see from this kid, the more I think you're right.

I still am not sure if he's ideal as a thumper and think Riley improves this year.

What jumps out at me about this kid, his vision, patience and closing speed, once he decides where to go.

Our ST are going to be sooo much better this year, that's for sure.

Outside of FS (both stating and BU) I am loving this defense.

I think you guys are really going to like Spaight. Flew under the radar after only 1 year of production coming from junior college, but will outwork anyone and plays with some fire. Not easy to lead the SEC in tackles. And yes, he did light some people up on kickoff returns. We called it getting #Spaighted

Thanks for this!

I really really like this guy from what Ive seen of him.  Not much, admittedly, but out of all of the 3-7 round picks, out of all 8 of them I think him and Crowder to me look like they will make the most impact.  Spaight seems tough, smart, and while not flashy decently quick.  I could see him replacing Riley next year.

Soooooo, it seems he likes to hit people....HARD. Just got through his tapes, WOW, love the aggression and just overall effort into each tackle. And I mean tackle, actually seems like more times than not he actually wraps up and will try to stop forward momentum. 

Very nice... Led SEC in tackles, not a bad accolade.

Archived