Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things Sports Talk Radio - DMV (met)

Zguy28

I was a big fan of Knocke, Czabe and even Andy Polin. I can't stand The Rooster and he's now on all the time when I happen to be driving. Sabah is a joke, her love for Taylor Heinke shows she has zero credibility and she is on constantly. When I hear they are taking her call I instantly move on.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I was a big fan of Knocke, Czabe and even Andy Polin. I can't stand The Rooster and he's now on all the time when I happen to be driving. Sabah is a joke, her love for Taylor Heinke shows she has zero credibility and she is on constantly. When I hear they are taking her call I instantly move on.  

She seems to have some weird personal relationship with Russell and Doc which is why she's always on with them. My guess is she kisses their asses at games in order to get priority for her predictable nonsense calls. I have a feeling we'll still he hearing about her Heinicke calls in 2032.

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

She seems to have some weird personal relationship with Russell and Doc which is why she's always on with them. My guess is she kisses their asses at games in order to get priority for her predictable nonsense calls. I have a feeling we'll still he hearing about her Heinicke calls in 2032.

Doc Walker is another I can't stand. His "I know a little something about winning" persona is so f-ing annoying. He was a role player on a great team and he acts like he was Joe Montana.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Doc Walker is another I can't stand. His "I know a little something about winning" persona is so f-ing annoying. He was a role player on a great team and he acts like he was Joe Montana.  

I get it, I couldn't stand him when he was a daily host. I can tolerate him in small doses. 

29 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He was the 3rd string on the John Thompson show. So, he didn't get a ton of talking time except during football season. But as he got more and more time, we started to learn that he doesn't put in the work to be a better radio host. I don't expect him to memorize names of players across many leagues. That's why the better hosts take notes when they watch games, so they aren't stuck pretending they know what they are talking about and making up a nickname that may have nothing to do with that athlete. 

For a guy who talks about expectations of the football team. He doesn't hold himself to nearly the same level he expects. 

• Like 1

Doc is literally the personification of a boomer. But he's fun to listen to during the season with his rants that are filled with nonsense cliche. Fun in that brainless sense at least.

• Like 2

LOL on my drive home from the gym Sabah was on with Sheehan.  She was saying how the new owners "duped" her into buying season tickets because they kept saying "Redskins" initially and said they were bringing back tradition, etc, so she bought season tickets last year.  But then they didn't talk about doing that again and never changed the name back to Redskins so she says she was "duped". 

She's just a ****ing idiot is what she is.  She is also stuck in the past and says she won't "be back" until they change the name back to Redskins, which obviously is never happening.  I'm sure the new owner will miss her...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Mcafee is fun and entertaining and doesnt take himself or his show too seriously. 

Local radio outside of Sheehan is completely unlistenable

I like Craig Hoffman, he's listenable and knowledgeable (two things that are sorely missing from DC Sports radio these days).  His show starts at 4PM on 980, so he's buried in a timeslot on an AM station, which isn't optimal.

29 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LOL on my drive home from the gym Sabah was on with Sheehan.  She was saying how the new owners "duped" her into buying season tickets because they kept saying "Redskins" initially and said they were bringing back tradition, etc, so she bought season tickets last year.  But then they didn't talk about doing that again and never changed the name back to Redskins so she says she was "duped". 

She's just a ****ing idiot is what she is.  She is also stuck in the past and says she won't "be back" until they change the name back to Redskins, which obviously is never happening.  I'm sure the new owner will miss her...

Apparently the lunatic is a doctor. Big yikes to that one 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I swear, Doc must sleep at the station and work for leftover food in the breakroom. 

When I am streaming stuff during the day while working, if I hear him on a station, it's an immediate station change.  

If all I have is Doc on one station and Grant/Danny or a Nats game on the other, then I just don't listen to either of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got in my car, thought I'd hear a little PGA talk because Finley likes that stuff. Nope, he's on vacation and filling in for him....... Doc Walker. Walker and Mitchell are talking NBA and while it's very high level. Mitchell at least sounded like he watched the game. Doc, maybe I watched some SportsCenter highlights because for the 3 minutes I listened, he didn't name a player or specific situation from either game yesterday. It was all things like "length" and "youth" and "injuries" and vagueness like that.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Got in my car, thought I'd hear a little PGA talk because Finley likes that stuff. Nope, he's on vacation and filling in for him....... Doc Walker. Walker and Mitchell are talking NBA and while it's very high level. Mitchell at least sounded like he watched the game. Doc, maybe I watched some SportsCenter highlights because for the 3 minutes I listened, he didn't name a player or specific situation from either game yesterday. It was all things like "length" and "youth" and "injuries" and vagueness like that.

On my drive home from the gym I heard Doc on as well around 11am and immediately put on Shehan.  My drive is only like 7 minutes home and there was no way I was spending that listening to Doc talk.