Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014-2015 College Basketball Thread

MattFancy

Since the tourney expanded to 64 teams, 12 seeds have won almost 38% of the 5/12 matchups and since 1985, the only years a 12 seed did not defeat a 5 seed are 1988, 2000 and 2007.

12's won 3 of 4 games last year.

:(

The 5/12's this year are:

WVU/Buffalo

Arkansas/Wofford

Northern Iowa/Wyoming

Utah/SF Austin

Valp isn't bad

Might shock

Exactly. Just the kind of Cinderella team that emerges in the tourney EVERY YEAR. Obviously there are quite a few candidates for that every year. But Valpo is definitely one of them. And it's an overlooking mentality like I keep seeing coming out of the UMD fans that gets teams shocked and bounced early.

Lol I mean don't get me wrong, I hate the Terps. It would be pure comedy for me to see them get bounced. But for the sake of discussion, I feel like it should be noted.

Kentucky will be the only 1 seed to make the Final Four. They'll also win the whole thing. The other top teams are too flawed.

Someone needs to bump the Westbrook36 hates March Madness thread though. I absolutely love it, and actually agree with a lot of it. It cracks me up when Joe from Accounting who's watched like 5 minutes of college basketball all year is claiming Murray State is a sleeper or Arizona is overrated.

My few thoughts on the bracket:

-How can you not pick Kentucky to win it all? I don't see how they don't get at least to the Final Four.

-Duke has a pretty easy go of it until the Elite 8 when they would square off with either Iowa St or Gonzaga.

-The West region has some pretty solid teams in Wisconsin, Arizona, Baylor and UNC. Wouldn't be a surprise if either of those 4 made it out of the region.

-The East is another tough group to pick from. Not sure what to make of Villanova. Virginia could be dangerous, but Justin Anderson needs to be healthy and they're potential 2nd round matchup against Michigan St won't be easy. Oklahoma and Louisville are wild cards. Both of those teams have proven they can be very inconsistent.

Archived