Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread: Giants @ Redskins

JimmiJo

Yeah he also threw more passes last year than Russell did in a full 16.

He also set pretty much every efficiency mark for any rookie in the league's history.

Your troll was weak, troll.

dude what is your issue?  Seriously.  If you disagree with someone you automatically call them a troll?

Look he was efficient for a reason.  He will never be able to duplicated that  I hope you understand that.  Also I am not talking about last year , I am talking about his rookie year his one good year.  Up until that point no starter for 15 plus games had ever throw that few passes.  

He was never asked to win games with his arm.  

dude what is your issue?  Seriously.  If you disagree with someone you automatically call them a troll?.  

Just people with less than 100 posts.

Again, the QB who won the super bow last year threw the exact same amount of passes in his rookie year that Robert did while playing in a full 16.

Volume means nothing. Ask Peyton Manning.

But its not even the attempts.  Its the attempts down field.  Our wr screen game inside slants were all we did his rookie year.  He rarely threw past the 10 yard line.  You can go to pff and look that up.  

I want rob to be the qb to lead this franchise but , he is eventually gonna have to do it with his arm and he never shown the ability to get the job done with his arm.

Now is it because shanahnan wouldnt let him throw down field or is it because shanahan knew he couldnt through down field.  That is yet to be answered.  

Damn they punished our D late. Their RBs are freaking huge. It was ugly.

When is the last time we faced a backfield that averages 245 pounds?  Maybe never. They finished us off proper.

Clark was pissed. I like him. He seemed to fill the void left by Hall and is now our official trash talker.

Look, there a million legimiate criticisms of RGIII, but going back and trying to retroactively downplay his rookie year is stupid.

I actually think a ton of mistakes were made that year. We won the division, but we did it in an unustainable manner. RGIII's injury was practically inevitable with what he was asked to do. And that's a fault with the Shanahans.

But he did what he was asked to do in an exemplary manner. And he showed signs that he could have been a dropback QB if the Shanahans had any interest in going that route.

Last year was a debacle, but again, coaching takes a lot of blame. They rushed him back, they tried to flip him 180 degrees overnight, and then they bailed on him.

But, he is responsible for the regression in his play.

The question this year was supposed to be which year was closer to the real RGIII. But we suck and he got hurt again so who the hell knows right now?

Clark was pissed. I like him. He seemed to fill the void left by Hall and is now our official trash talker.

I was screaming about the fact that we let Clark go for years. I always wanted him here.

Of course, he wasn't 68 years old when I wanted him here.

Look, there a million legimiate criticisms of RGIII, but going back and trying to retroactively downplay his rookie year is stupid.

I actually think a ton of mistakes were made that year. We won the division, but we did it in an unustainable manner. RGIII's injury was practically inevitable with what he was asked to do. And that's a fault with the Shanahans.

But he did what he was asked to do in an exemplary manner. And he showed signs that he could have been a dropback QB if the Shanahans had any interest in going that route.

Last year was a debacle, but again, coaching takes a lot of blame. They rushed him back, they tried to flip him 180 degrees overnight, and then they bailed on him.

But, he is responsible for the regression in his play.

The question this year was supposed to be which year was closer to the real RGIII. But we suck and he got hurt again so who the hell knows right now?

RG3 is the one that declared himself healthy not shanahan.  If u listen to 980 they all say that shanahan was the one who wanted to rest him but robert wanted to play.

I am not trying to hate on rg3's rookie year.  I am just saying that when looked at from a deeper perspective you can see how that season was manufactured.   But instead of deep analysis the fanbase , the media, and the public and general just ran with it and declared him the next great thing, setting him up for unrealistic expectations .

RG3 is the one that declared himself healthy not shanahan.  If u listen to 980 they all say that shanahan was the one who wanted to rest him but robert wanted to play.

So...the franchise just takes the word of the centerpiece of the next decade and treats him like a backup fullback in 1974? That's good work by the brass.

I am not trying to hate on rg3's rookie year.  I am just saying that when looked at from a deeper perspective you can see how that season was manufactured.   But instead of deep analysis the fanbase , the media, and the public and general just ran with it and declared him the next great thing, setting him up for unrealistic expectations .

And all good seasons are manufactured. The 2001 Rams offense was manufactured. That doesn't mean it was illegitimate.

On the Jackson catch?

His feet were in but watcht the ball in his hands. He doesn't get two hands on it until after the second foot goes down.

That call was actually right.

Yep, coming back here to correct my post, you beat me to it LKB. 

so the call was a possession thing, not a feet in bounds? 

Yep, coming back here to correct my post, you beat me to it LKB. 

so the call was a possession thing, not a feet in bounds? 

Yea. The ref actually stated that. Something like "Failed to complete the catch."

That was a strange one because I was convinced it was a catch until he said that and then looked at the hands.

Now....the no call on the hit out of bounds on Paul........

Yea. The ref actually stated that. Something like "Failed to complete the catch."

That was a strange one because I was convinced it was a catch until he said that and then looked at the hands.

Now....the no call on the hit out of bounds on Paul........

didn't even see that, i'll go back. was it when he got hit on the thigh?

Any news about Trent Williams?

Trent Williams didn’t need an MRI on knee

"Coach Jay Gruden said, via the Washington Post, that there was no instability in Williams’s knee and that early fears of a dislocated kneecap were quelled. He is sore, but the team is calling him day-to-day as they prepare for the long wait until their next game against the Seahawks on Monday Night in Week Five."

well thta is great news.. Hey-Zues we lose him and I'll be suicidal... tough fball week for me... My Heels got chit stomped by ECU ... they put up 70 on us in fball..football!!!! and my Skins... my Skins... They had better start backing up my boasting and trash talkin! or I'll have to tone it down a bit...and they won't like it if I have to tone it down... You know what I'd do? I'd walk in that locker room. Walk right up to Trent and.... hold up someones at mye door...brb

Archived