Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who wants Olive Garden?

Slateman

You, too, can own the entire content of a closed Red Lobster. Bids are now being accepted!

As of today, select Red Lobster locations are CLOSED. On our Restaurant Equipment marketplace, we are auctioning off 50+ locations across the country. These auctions are WINNER TAKES ALL – meaning, each winner will receive the ENTIRE contents of the Red Lobster location they bid on. Auctions are live and will end periodically on Thursday, May 16, 2024.

https://www.tagexbrands.com/red-lobster/

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Applebees is where you go when you just don't want to do the dishes after you eat. 

But is there actual food on the dishes?  Back in the early 90s when I was working there, it was at least decent...

3 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I dunno, I can make better food at home in less time and for less money.

Well you can cook

I however cannot

If one thing would turn me off though it would be the high prices of eating out but that would be tangential. If I could cook too maybe I would eat in more but I just can't

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I don't see why people are so averse to these chains. People **** on Applebee's and red lobster and olive garden constantly it's not bad 

I’m not a ****ter on them per se.  I’m more a ****ter on the people who go to say, Olive Garden in NYC where Little Italy 🇮🇹 is right>>>>>>>>there.

RL in Fl when there is a seafood shack around the corner.

God bless ‘em though.  Get those frozen breadsticks and breaded shrimp that came out of a ditch in Vietnam.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Well you can cook

I however cannot

If one thing would turn me off though it would be the high prices of eating out but that would be tangential. If I could cook too maybe I would eat in more but I just can't

You CAN cook, you know you can.  Some of the stuff you've shown means you're getting into it. 

It's whether you want to.  Sometimes I just throw something together, and cooking for one is not all that difficult if you know how to portion.  (I don't like leftovers.)

3 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

I’m not a ****ter on them per se.  I’m more a ****ter on the people who go to say, Olive Garden in NYC where Little Italy 🇮🇹 is right>>>>>>>>there.

God bless ‘em though.  Get those frozen breadsticks and breaded shrimp that came out of a ditch in Vietnam.

Way back in the 90s, there wasn't even a microwave in there, I knew several cooks who said so.  (We don't have one in the hippy pizza joint, either.) 

But there's no oven in a Dunkin' Donuts either, they do a wet/dry steam to get 'em up to temp. 

• Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

you're correct. when you're on vacation definitely try out local places 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

you're correct. when you're on vacation definitely try out local places 

There was a place on Tybee Island called "Sundae Cafe".  They had THE BEST seafood lasagna.  It was amazing.  We lived there for a few years, and there was another pizza joint with a seafood pizza that was awesome too. 

Even here, I try to support non-corporate local owners.  It's more important than ever. 

Open-minded cool stuff won't happen unless we help it. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Applebees is where you go when you just don't want to do the dishes after you eat. 

No Applebees is not anywhere I ever go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

38 minutes ago, China said:

\When you're in Seguin, TX on a 10 month project at a steel mill and Applebees is stumbling distance from your hotel, it's pretty much the go to for road warriors. Happy hours with okay food is easy on the per diem & allows the extra cash to go straight into your pocket. My buddy, who was constantly hitting on women wherever we went, called it Applebabes due to the local talent. Good times...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well if I'm ever living out of a hotel by a steel mill in BFE Texas, and Applebee's is the only convenient place that sells food, and I'm trying to embezzle my per diem, then I will consider going to an Applebee's. 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Well if I'm ever living out of a hotel by a steel mill in BFE Texas, and Applebee's is the only convenient place that sells food, and I'm trying to embezzle my per diem, then I will consider going to an Applebee's. 

Don’t forget the outside chance of a parking lot lemon squeezer from the “local talent”!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Embezzle? We were paid a certain amount of money per day for meals. It didn't matter what you spent the difference was yours. I've also worked the other way with per diem - you're paid for the amount you actually spent up to the daily limit. 

4 hours ago, China said:

They took the best thing off the menu.  (Club House Grill, my dad loved it too).  It came with slaw, which was perfect with the sando. 

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Embezzle? We were paid a certain amount of money per day for meals. It didn't matter what you spent the difference was yours. I've also worked the other way with per diem - you're paid for the amount you actually spent up to the daily limit. 

Well a discussion about ****ing Applebee’s isn’t interesting without some embellishments and needlessly inflammatory language. 

• Haha 1