Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

If I'm the coach and I have a player who has historically begged to come back ASAP, I'm going to take his opinion of being ready with a grain of salt. Please note that I would want the player to want to come back as quickly as possible, so I'm not using that as a knock on Griffin. I just don't believe the player should have any say in the matter at all.

Well I completely agree with the fact that no one should listen to Griffin about it. I think Gruden alluded to that in his pressed when he said Griffin would probably have said he was ready 4 weeks ago. Until Gruden proves me wrong I trust his decision, and it's his choice.

Robert Griffin III looked fine today in the portion I saw. Nothing great, nothing significant. IMO, did more taxing work on ankle yesterday.

RG III obviously made some throws in open individual portion. Looked fine...

RG3 looked fine in position drills, didn’t do anything particularly stressful on ankle. #Redskins

Perry Riley looked good, Will Compton said that it looks like Riley will be back this week.

Robert Griffin III looked good during individual drills. As others have noted, he seemed to do more a little strenuous stuff yesterday.

Yes, Riley back as starter. RT @OBtoojiveforyou: Compton said Riley back as the starter? Wasn't clear...

I don't want RG3 to play the way he did in 2012.  I want to see him make strides and be an NFL QB. As much as he ran around in 2012, that isn't what keeps you in the league.  What does is using that athleticism in the pocket to get the ball down the field.  It is about being able to beat teams with your arm and not just your legs.

That's a good point about not returning to 2012 form, just 2012 success.

I work with a lot of couples (therapist) who say that they want to go back to how things are, and I smack them with reality: Doing things the way that you did them is exactly what got you here in the first place.

If anything, I want a Steve Young.  Legit threat with his legs for the time, still a hell of a quarterback.  Minus the concussions, though.

Well I completely agree with the fact that no one should listen to Griffin about it. I think Gruden alluded to that in his pressed when he said Griffin would probably have said he was ready 4 weeks ago. Until Gruden proves me wrong I trust his decision, and it's his choice.

Sure, it's absolutely his decision alone. I would think that he is going to play this very cautiously. 

....why? what makes you think that?

RG3 has been practicing, sprinting, etc for a few days now.  He did some warm up activirty before the last game.  His progression was good enough for an undecided Monday/Tuesday.  Now thursday, because McCoy had more "reps", he's starting?

Says to me - Cowboys, go prepare for McCoy.  We'll throw RG3 at you monday night.

Colt McCoy's family didn't know he was still in the NFL http://wp.me/p3IhWD-2Um 

please tell me that site is like the onion because that is the so sad. Makes me want him to start strictly for that reason

I don't want RG3 to play the way he did in 2012.  I want to see him make strides and be an NFL QB. As much as he ran around in 2012, that isn't what keeps you in the league.  What does is using that athleticism in the pocket to get the ball down the field.  It is about being able to beat teams with your arm and not just your legs.

thats what i keep saying and unlike others (including rg3 fans), i still believe he can be elite from the pocket

Paul Conner retweeted

K. Robinson on NFC player def. player of week: "As far as I'm concerned, we're still 2-5....That's more important than individual honors."

K. Robinson is tied for ninth most combined tackles in the league (58). Total leads the #Redskins.

#Redskins’ Gruden said that Griffin may not play until after the bye. http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/griffin-could-be-out-until-after-redskins-bye … #RedskinsTalk

RG3 has been practicing, sprinting, etc for a few days now.  He did some warm up activirty before the last game.  His progression was good enough for an undecided Monday/Tuesday.  Now thursday, because McCoy had more "reps", he's starting?

Says to me - Cowboys, go prepare for McCoy.  We'll throw RG3 at you monday night.

My thoughts as well.  I hope its true

How It Should Be Remembered: The Redskins' Win Over Tennessee by @AlGaldi 10 most important items from the game: http://www.espn980.com/includes/blog/index.php?action=blog&blog_id=8&post_id=20731 …

Andrew Walker ‏@AWalkerRedskins  45s

#Redskins DE @hatcher97 'locked in' as he makes 1st return to Dallas to take on Cowboys: http://bit.ly/1wrL7oP 

B0ptMcXIMAAlHR_.jpg

What time would Gruden's presser be at today?

in about half an hour.... 3pm edt

Cowboys will face Redskins defense that's been much better against the run the last two weeks: gave up just 150 rush yds total vs TEN & AZ.

#Redskins ‏@JsteelznSkinz 1m1 minute ago

#TBT #Redskins @EIGHTTODANINE and @TheRealC_Portis

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0pLsiBCAAEA4

Burgundy Blog ‏@BurgundyBlog 49s50 seconds ago

Those feeling so patient and cautious right now may feel differently next September when RGIII is still a stunted, unknown quantity.

Bright ray of sunshine that person is

Dan Snyder once gave Jerry Jones some wild advice on how to deal with losing http://ow.ly/Df0Zm  #RedskinsTalk

LIVE STREAM: Jay Gruden news conference beginning shortly. Watch live here: http://ow.ly/Df1N6  #RedskinsTalk

Dan Snyder's advice to Jerry Jones on losing: "Drink a lot".. #RedskinsTalk | Comcast SportsNet Washington http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/dan-snyder-once-gave-jerry-jones-some-wild-advice …

Gruden: Clark, Griffin, Williams and Porter were all limited. Riley was full.

Ryan Clark & Robert Griffin were limited. "Robert really hasn't changed"

Robert Griffin III was limited in practice, Gruden.

Gruden: "Robert hasn't changed. Not a whole lot to say. Not going to announce if he's active or not til Monday night"

Gruden: McCoy still the starter.

Griffin was limited in practice today. Gruden still will not rule him out for Monday. #Redskins

Gruden says rg3 status hasn't changed. Says he's steadily progressing. Gruden leaves no doubt McCoy will be starter Monday

#Reskins Jay Gruden wont say that RG3 will be active or inactive until Monday night

Gruden says he probably won't announce whether Griffin is active until Monday night. McCoy still starter. #RedskinsTalk

The #Redskins are still proceeding as though Colt McCoy will be the starter.

Ok I lied ... "@ESPNRadio980: Tracy Porter and Trent Williams also limited. ..Is Colt still the starter? "OH Yeah..." #Redskins"

Riley and Compton could rotate at jack linebacker.

Gruden says could see both Riley and Compton playing from scrimmage Monday. Mostly due to Riley not yet 100 percent

Jay Gruden will not name QB. #Redskins

Gruden said when Perry Riley is 100-percent, he'll be the starting 'Jack' linebacker. Will Compton could see some game time Monday, tho.

So Compton will rotate with Riley vs Dallas

No decision yet on the starting right tackle

Gruden still considering Compton and Polumbus. Says Moses still in mix but not naming a starter yet.

Gruden feels good about Lauvao at left guard still.

Gruden said the competition between Tom Compton and Tyler Polumbus is "close". Wouldn't rule out rotating them again Monday.

Jay says Perry Riley should be able to play. ..when he is 100% he is the starter at Jack ILB.

Gruden clears it up, Colt McCoy will start. #Redskins

Gruden says Griffin has been lobbying to play but understands he has to go through the process of getting back to game form.

Gruden "we're tinkering on thin ice here" on helping Griffin along while also prepping McCoy.

"Lauvao has done a good job, not thinking about replacing him" - Jay Gruden.

This whole Jay Gruden presser has been totally invalidated by Jay saying "We feel Shawn (Lauvao) has done a pretty good job"

Gruden: Amerson and Breeland will have to step up to cover Dez Bryant.

Gruden says "I don't know if they know what they're in for" on covering Dez Bryant

NBC Diana trying to tell Jay that RGIII wont play on Monday. Gruden corrected her

Gruden: "When Robert's healthy, he'll be the starter. We just don't know when that will be."

Gruden says very clearly "When Robert's healthy, Robert's the starter." http://ow.ly/Df4h1  #RedskinsTalk

RG3 has pretty much been cleared to do everything according to Gruden #Redskins

Gruden on MNF production meeting with brother Jon: "It's entertaining. They should film it."

Jay once again reiterated that Robert Griffin is the starter when healthy. ...but he has to be 100% ...Won't totally rule him out for MNF

Gruden showed a video of redskins-cowboys rivalry over years so new players understand how big this is to fans.

Archived