Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 NFL Comprehensive Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I really couldn't possibly get desperate enough to want to go after Winston.

Me too, but I wouldn't put it past this organization to have zero interest in him, or any QB in the draft, if this season ends badly enough.

Let's just hope Landon Collins is the guy we do take though...

CB would also be a great option with DHall most likely getting a reduced role next season coming off an Achilles. Trae Waynes would be great if our pick is high enough

Me too, but I wouldn't put it past this organization to have zero interest in him, or any QB in the draft, if this season ends badly enough.

Let's just hope Landon Collins is the guy we do take though...

Nobody is without flaws. Even Collins. 

Watch the Oklahoma Bowl game last year. There were mistakes.

Watch the Auburn game from last year. There were mistakes. 

I watched the Bama vs Florida game.

The only player who I'd say had a dominate game was Cooper, once again. He goes above and beyond.

Others had good games, including Kouandijo, Collins. He had certain plays which were exciting, like the one-handed INT. The over-the-top pass-defense from Cover 2 was also a good play. But unlike the previous two mentioned games he stayed out of his own way and didn't give up anything of significance by overrunning something or dropping coverage. 

Redskins: PJ Williams CB Florida State

The Skins have spent the big money on offense… when will it trickle down building some quality youth in the defensive backfield?

Our selection from this mock draft site.

I really couldn't possibly get desperate enough to want to go after Winston.

Seconded. Thirded.

We dont need Jameis Winston in DC, are you crazy lol

Devin Funchess, I think pretty securely leads the move-tight end group right about now. He's the first guy I think of for the hybrid TE in this upcoming class. With Michigan having a stinker of a year so far, you bet he's going to declare.

Michigan plays Minnesota today, 3:30 - eastern. 

Later today Rutgers plays Tulane, at home in NJ, 12 noon - EDT. Folks should start watching some Tight End prospects. 

Last year, when I turned to watch the Louisville v Rutgers game, I came across Calvin Pryor among others. Another was Rutgers' standout TE, Tyler Kroft. I was impressed.

He had a good season overall last year as a redshirt Soph, leading Rutgers in receptions with 43.

A slow start to this season so far, and a match up versus a not-so-good Tulane squad, could spell a productive day for him. He is battling some kind of injury though, he didn't play last week versus Navy. He might not play vs Tulane. If he does suit up, check him out, he wears #86. 

Kroft gives you some in-line alignments, as well as some Slot alignments. 

Rutgers also has a nice WR prospect, #4, Leonte Carroo. 

Likewise on the TE/WR front. I remember when I first got a look at Devon Cajuste last year. I thought originally that he was a tight end. I mean, he's 6'4" and around 230 lbs. He's taller than and just as big as Niles Paul. 

Alignment wise it was kind-of hard to not see him as a flexed out TE / move-tight end, even though Stanford lists him as a WR. Cajuste actually has some good athleticism. When thinking of him as a TE, I can see him running the same routes as Paul ... doing the same stuff, really.

Cajuste's production is relatively small, especially for a WR. In Stanford's system he's not going to get a ton of touches. We're talking about a guy being drafted as a back-up to begin with. He similarly can be found later in the draft. 

Paul obviously had the concussion on thursday, he was our back-up then playing in place if Reed. Paul is a free agent in 2015. 

Stanford plays Washington at 4pm - eastern.  

On the Free Agent front: 

One of my favorites from the 2010 draft 

CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco believes it's "very unlikely" contract-year LG Mike Iupati will be back win the 49ers in 2015.

Iupati is probably going to become the highest paid guard in league history next offseason, and the 49ers drafted his heir apparent in fourth-rounder Brandon Thomas. San Francisco, of course, would correspondingly be eligible for a third-round 2016 compensatory pick. The 49ers' left guard could be gone next year, and right guard Alex Boone is expected to hold out of training camp. 
Jul 16 - 10:16 PM

Source: CSN Bay Area

95ea3966-0c42-4d15-b4c0-7481ecf2128a.png

Another 2015 Free Agent, is rush OLB Jerry Hughes. 

Yep, that same Jerry Hughes from TCU who bounced out of Indy after three disappointing seasons, but who also had himself 10 sacks last year with Buffalo. 

I remember liking Hughes a good deal when he came out. He was damn good at TCU as a stand-up edge rusher. Well, the former 1st rounder was summarily raked over the coals by the internet thugs after underwhelming in his early go-round with Indy. He was called a major bust. Well, new scene in Buffalo and the guy seems to have caught wind in his sails again. 

This is a rebound guy who might be finally getting the confidence to play in this league. He could potentially come in at a decent bargain and compete in the absence of 'Po ... if that were to come to pass.

Wow, this free agency period could actually be ****ing huge. 

I was just checking this list: http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/

(who knows if it is accurate)

There's a ton of names on it. A ton of big names too. This could be a big league-wide free agency period in 2015.  

Terrance Knighton is a free agent. Wow. Top of the list kind-of guy. I don't know much about the d-line draft class for 2015, except for the dude out at USC, but Pot-Roast Knighton has been layin' the lumber for years. 

I saw Julius Thomas' name in there. 

I also came across another of my 2010 favs in Bryan Bulaga. Damn those injuries, when he healthy he's on point. There's an option for an upgrade at RT. 

I saw a few CBs of interest. I saw Stephen Paea's name.

I came across Wisniewski's name, yea, he'd be a target for me, even saw Rodney Hudson's name. 

Silly list of free agents. 

There's a ton of names on it. A ton of big names too. This could be a big league-wide free agency period in 2015.  

Wow, you're right.  Lot of big names on there. I wouldn't mind seeing McCourty come here if we can't land a decent prospect in the draft, and he's still young.  And if we're still searching for offensive lineman, would Iupati command a huge number? He'd be a huge upgrade as well.  Can't believe how many big names are on there.....though many will probably resign.

Wow, you're right.  Lot of big names on there. I wouldn't mind seeing McCourty come here if we can't land a decent prospect in the draft, and he's still young.  And if we're still searching for offensive lineman, would Iupati command a huge number? He'd be a huge upgrade as well.  Can't believe how many big names are on there.....though many will probably resign.

Mccourty is the one dude we should go hard for if he hits the market. Iuptai is meh. He has regressed steadily since 2012. Poor scheme fit too. 

Nobody is without flaws. Even Collins. 

Watch the Oklahoma Bowl game last year. There were mistakes.

Watch the Auburn game from last year. There were mistakes. 

I watched the Bama vs Florida game.

The only player who I'd say had a dominate game was Cooper, once again. He goes above and beyond.

Others had good games, including Kouandijo, Collins. He had certain plays which were exciting, like the one-handed INT. The over-the-top pass-defense from Cover 2 was also a good play. But unlike the previous two mentioned games he stayed out of his own way and didn't give up anything of significance by overrunning something or dropping coverage. 

Idk who the hell he is but the Bama left tackle was very very very good. I think the dude is a true freshman?

Best tackle in the draft for me is Brandon Schreff. Dude is an absolute beast. 

Iupati just isn't that good in pass pro. No way would I want to spend big money on such a player. As I said earlier, I think there's scant chance we spend a lot on the line anyway.

Spending on the line would be piss poor player management. You don't sign Lauvao and draft Lerib and Long and the spend years developing them to sign a big name free agent that cannot do the one thing that we need to upgrade.

Terrance Knighton is a free agent. Wow. Top of the list kind-of guy. I don't know much about the d-line draft class for 2015, except for the dude out at USC, but Pot-Roast Knighton has been layin' the lumber for years. 

I saw Julius Thomas' name in there. 

I also came across another of my 2010 favs in Bryan Bulaga. Damn those injuries, when he healthy he's on point. There's an option for an upgrade at RT. 

I saw a few CBs of interest. I saw Stephen Paea's name.

I came across Wisniewski's name, yea, he'd be a target for me, even saw Rodney Hudson's name. 

Silly list of free agents. 

Jeremy Maclins name is in there too...wouldnt it be hilarious if he ends up not signing back with philly in the offseason and then we decide to sign him as a big ol "F U" to philly? and then we cream em with maclin, jackson AND garcon next season? ah man. i would love that.

and then along with signing maclin, i would love for us to sign Demaryius Thomas and either Wes Welker or Hakeem Nicks. then in the draft, just draft o-line with 1st and 2nd draft picks, then draft Safetys and CBs the rest of the rounds. that way, we should be able to at least fix 1 of the o-line spots, hopefully 2, and hopefully find at least a stud or 2 for the secondary. we would be deadly next season :)

ok, ok, i know almost all of this is un-realistic, and probably will not happen. but hey, a man can dream :P

Why sign a reciever? Espically ones that would cost loads of money?

because it would make our offense deadly, and it would piss the living heck outta the eagles :) but like i said, just about all of that is unlikely to happen. but again, a man can certainly dream

oh, while im at it, how about signing dawan landry? it would be hilarious having a landry on our team 4 years after we dropped younger (older?) landry.

Iupati just isn't that good in pass pro. No way would I want to spend big money on such a player. As I said earlier, I think there's scant chance we spend a lot on the line anyway.

Gotcha.  I'll admit, I don't watch many 9ers games, so I don't know a lot about him.  But I know they had a dominant line at one point, so I assumed he'd be an upgrade.

because it would make our offense deadly, and it would piss the living heck outta the eagles :) but like i said, just about all of that is unlikely to happen. but again, a man can certainly dream

oh, while im at it, how about signing dawan landry? it would be hilarious having a landry on our team 4 years after we dropped younger (older?) landry.

IMO, if we simply get solid production out of our offensive line, our offense would be deadly enough with RG3 (if he can stay healthy), Morris, and the receiving corp as it is. :)

Iupati just isn't that good in pass pro.

Versus Arizona, he went against Calais Campbell all night. Campbell is one of the better d-linemen in this league.

Iupati gave up one Pressure on the night, occurring roughly with 1 minute to go in the 2nd quarter, on a sequence of plays that were known passing situations. And later in the game, he had a holding penalty in the 3rd quarter. Both cases against Campbell one-on-one. Iupati had clean sheets in the 1st and 4th quarter.

There were something like 42 dropbacks by Kaep that night, on 37 attempts. 

The pressure was a pressure, instead of a sack, because Iupati wheeled around, trailed, and got a piece of CC after Campbell got a step through the B gap. Iupati pushed CC beyond Keap who stepped up into the pocket to avoid getting hit. It was a situation where Campbell used a great swim move and got a step, with Iupati left reaching, off of the initial step. 

I think, in total, I saw Campbell get moderate penetration, via a move, a handful of times -- about 4-to-5 times in the game. Most of them occurring early on in the game. The one time it amounted to something was the Pressure, described above.

It seemed Iupati was setting up, squaring up, for more bullrush, early on, but soon realized that Campbell was actually trying to shoot gaps, as well as, give a false step while using swim over top, to counter to the opposite gap, or simply, using swim to propel himself further straight ahead into the direct gap.

I ventured a guess, while watching, that the advanced scouting report and gameplan for Iupati, to begin the game, was prepared for a direct attack, bullrush. But that's not what he got.   

Iupati adjusted in segments throughout the 2nd quarter, but much moreso in the 2nd halo. That's when I saw Arizona counter adjust and use many more stunts.

The hold in the 3rd quarter was actually a thing where Iupati's arm got up high around Campbell's neck and head. Basically looking like an extended arm clothesline. It wasn't a grab and it wasn't Campbell getting a step beyond Iupati. It was however an inside move with a certain amount of penetration.

However, the angle at which Campbell was climbing into the pocket made it that he was taking himself out of the play. Iupati was in the right position to continue to push him out toward the rightside of the pocket, but the arm bar got flagged instead.

Watching it, it doesn't look all that bad really. Not someone who got straight-up beat. 

Oh, and should I mention that Iupati never once got his ass smooched into the dirt or bowled-over like we saw with Lauvao against Watt, or like Chester ... innumerable times, or even like LeRib, last game. Apparently LeRib had some highly hilarious moment where he got destroyed right off the snap last game, I somehow missed the play. If anything, Iupati won't get bullied around. He does have some movement limitations, relatively speaking, compared to other kinds of o-linemen, league wide. I can say that. He is however still a very good Guard. 

Anyway, thought you might be interested in that.  :)

Aloha Mr. Hand. 

and then along with signing maclin, i would love for us to sign Demaryius Thomas and either Wes Welker or Hakeem Nicks. then in the draft, just draft o-line with 1st and 2nd draft picks, then draft Safetys and CBs the rest of the rounds. that way, we should be able to at least fix 1 of the o-line spots, hopefully 2, and hopefully find at least a stud or 2 for the secondary. we would be deadly next season :)

ok, ok, i know almost all of this is un-realistic, and probably will not happen. but hey, a man can dream :P

No disrespect meant to you but if Griffin or Cousins can't win with Garcon, Jackson and Roberts I think we need to find a new QB. The OL has to be fixed.

Put me into the category that wants to see most, if not all of our picks going to OL, DL, and secondary - probably in that order. I know we just drafted Moses/Long, but even if they become stalwarts at the positions, we still have no depth and are 1 injury away from going back to TyPo and Chester. I know Williams is a top 5 LT in this league, but you saw what happened when he went down last week. Maybe Compton/Moses are good backups, but I want depth on this team. We started a game with 17+ guys on the injury report, part of this performance goes to our lack of depth. I have no problems with Lerib/Moses/Long/Compton being backups for us and have us going with a guy like Andrus Peat, or Ogbuehi, or Collins in the first to sure up the other tackle spot, wile providing insurance behind Williams.

In the secondary, I would love to be able to land Collins, but I would also look at a guy like Anthony Harris.

Eric Kendricks is the guy I'm watching at ILB to replace Riley.

I think Malcolm Brown from Texas could be a good DE for us if we keep the 3-4, or Leonard Williams from USC.

Those are some guys I'm looking at at the top of the draft. Hopefully we can get some rookies to come in and play as rookies next year.

I would hope Long and Moses is ready to start next year! HOPE...lol

I hear yah. I thought Compton was better then Tyler last year but the coaches seem to keep going back to the guy.

I feel like the coaches are telling me that my eyes are wrong and that Tyler is better then Compton and Moses as tough and unlikely as that is to me personally its the messsage they send when they keep putting that dude out there.

Archived