Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly.com: No need to worry yet about Foles

Eli Manning: First round, no trade. 2 SB rings.

Agree with your main point, but there was a trade. Eli Manning was actually drafted by the Chargers and was traded for Philip Rivers and the Giants' third round selection (#65) in the 2004 draft and their first and fifth-round selections in 2005.

I just get sick of watching other teams be able to let aging guys go

Talk about letting aging guys go, the Jets let Mark Sanchez go and Chip has already turned him into a pretty good quarterback. :D

1. Comeback player of the preseason: Mark Sanchez. 

I saw Sanchez light up the Bears’ second unit 10 days ago at Chicago, and it was more of the same against the Patriots on Friday night. Sanchez is comfortable in two ways—being out of the New York pressure-cooker, and running Chip Kelly’s fast-paced offense. I think he was made to play fast. He looks more at ease in a frenetic state, more in command, and certainly comfortable with the offense. This is impressive because he’s coming off shoulder surgery and learning an entirely new scheme. 

It says much about him as a player that he’s come into a radically new world and mastered it as quickly as he has. Playing almost all no-huddle, Sanchez is 18 of 22 (81.8 percent) for 196 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. Ever think Sanchez would have a 115.1 rating, Jets fans—against any level of competition? Against the Patriots he came off the bench inside the two-minute warning of the first half, went five for five for 61 yards and finished the drive with a touchdown pass. His best throw was a soft 20-yard ball placed perfectly up the left seam for Zach Ertz, the emerging tight end. The Eagles don’t have a quarterback competition, but they do appear to have a competent backup making the most of his second chance. 

mark-sanchez.jpg?w=360&h=472

Mark Sanchez’s preseason rating (115.1) is 43.4 points higher than his four-year average with the Jets (71.7). (Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

“Mark’s a real quick thinker, and he makes decisive decisions and is very athletic,’’ Kelly said. “When you watch him drop, he’s got some pop in his feet when he gets on top of his drop and goes through his progressions and he gets the ball out quickly because he’s got a real quick release. We were excited when we had a chance to get him. I just think the one thing you’re starting to see is he’s healthy. If anybody has any questions about his arm rehabbing, the throw he made at the end of the first half [in Chicago should answer them]. I think it was 68 yards in the air. We’re really glad we got him.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/18/san-francisco-49ers-levis-stadium-debuts/2/

Chip Kelly is no longer a rookie NFL head coach. He also has a year's worth of tape on how opposing defensive coordinators responded to his offense, and he can self-scout and adapt to the adaptations.

Chip Kelly: Adapting to the Adaptations. I love it. When are you guys going to just straight up found a church dedicated to the worship of Chip? We get that he has cast some sort of spell over your entire fanbase that makes his accomplishments like winning 5 straight Super Bowls. 

No chance that NFL DCs will use tape of Chip Kelly's offense to defend it better. Guarantee that Chip Kelly will use tape of NFL defenses to dominate the NFL more. 27-2 TD/INT is just a start. If Foles throws for few than 60 TDs this year it will be a failure. 5 INTs are ok but only on deflections. Desean Jackson was rendered irrelevant by Chip Kelly's masterful offensive genius. A WR corps made up of a racist white dude, a formerly decent but recovering from ACL surgery Maclin, and a decent but not special rookie are guaranteed to not only pick up the slack, but completely make Foles forget about Jackson's 16 TDs from last year. Can't wait to see it play out. Go Iggles.  

I, personally, cannot wait to see Mark Sanchez return to his AFC Championship form once again tonight.  Forget the fact that he's only been solid merely against 2nd and 3rd teamers in two preseason games, forget all of that... tonight is the night Sanchez Mannings all over the place... Manning'ing more than even the Mannings know how to Manning... and that's a lot of Manning!  The QB coaching virtuoso that is Chip Kelly will continue to Walsh and Belicheck himself all over the sidelines tonight, further cementing his path into the Hall of Fame... and not just when he retires.  We're talking Hall of Fame RIGHT NOW.  Rules will be forced into adjustment in order to quickly get him into the HoF after just one season.  After all, it only seems right after such colossal success.  

Biggest thing that pisses me off is pure jealousy. SO tired of other teams being able to just reload on a fourth round pick.

Tony romoSUCKS: Undrafted

Nick Foles: Fourth Round

Eli Manning: First round, no trade. 2 SB rings.

RG3: a MILLION PICKS.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE RG3 and am glad we have him, but I just get sick of watching other teams be able to let aging guys go and instantly replace (sometimes UPGRADE) them with a mid to late round pick. Alfred Morris is the only thing giving me hope with our drafts. I remember thinking, "Damn, I'll be so happy when Bryan Westbrook retires." Now there's Lesean McCoy.

Thank God the Cowboys didn't draft Manziel because he would have been romoSUCKS 2.0. The sports figure I have an unnatural hatred for, for no reason at all (other than being a Cowboy). I hate his face, and I would still hate him if he played for the Redskins.

Foles was a 3rd rounder, the Eli manning trade was a pretty big and well publicized trade. Romo sucks.

They keep talking about how Ben and his receivers just need to "get into a rhythm" or "find that chemistry" ... but what I see is Ben making some pretty terrible throws.  His throws aren't even close.  If that were RG3 making those throws, this place would be going nuts... and even the media wouldnt be saying they just needed to find their chemistry.  Always thought Ben was entirely overrated.  In fact, I despise the guy.

So yeah.  There is that.

Steelers look like crap

Yeah, not to take anything away from the Eagles, because they certainly look like they've picked up right where they left off last season... but I'm more surprised as to how much the Steelers have regressed over the last two years.  That team straight up sucks.  

Yeah ok ODF you pulled one play, want me to go pull the 100 of him eating a sack or throwing it away? Or you could save yourself time and see about 15 of them against the saints last year.

:lol:

Do you always comment on videos without watching them? Do you really think it takes a 7 minute 54 second video to show just one play? I know it must be painful to watch Foles make play after play after play under pressure, disproving your whole premise that "Foles does not opperate [sic] well under pressure." Get back to me after you actually watch the video.

By the way, throwing the ball away when there is no play to be made is good decision making. I'm sure Jay Gruden would agree. It's better than throwing a pick

BOYKIN.gif

or scrambling and taking unnecessary hits.

863972729.gif

Look at #11 standing there and watching, doing nothing to help his quarterback and teammate. Chip Kelly demands that his receivers be willing and capable blockers - his motto for receivers is "no block, no rock." It's one key to having a rushing attack that led the NFL last year. #11's reluctance/inability to block was one reason why he was cut from the Eagles.

I'm not sure Jackson could have blocked on that play. Looks like that Browns CB in front of him was in some kind of underneath zone and once RG3 took off, all heck broke loose. The only block he could have made was a block in the back, based on that limited footage. I mean that is what we're doing right, coming to conclusions based on small bits of footage...

I'm not sure Jackson could have blocked on that play. Looks like that Browns CB in front of him was in some kind of underneath zone and once RG3 took off, all heck broke loose. The only block he could have made was a block in the back, based on that limited footage. I mean that is what we're doing right, coming to conclusions based on small bits of footage...

He could have at least tried to block #3? coming in from the left of the screen. But he would have to have a willingness and eagerness to block to begin with, which he lacks. There wasn't even a token effort. He is probably afraid of being hurt given his size, but that just doesn't cut it on teams that want their receivers to do more than just catch passes.

I, personally, cannot wait to see Mark Sanchez return to his AFC Championship form once again tonight.  Forget the fact that he's only been solid merely against 2nd and 3rd teamers in two preseason games, forget all of that... tonight is the night Sanchez Mannings all over the place... Manning'ing more than even the Mannings know how to Manning... and that's a lot of Manning!

Looks like you got your wish! While leading the Eagles' second string offense against the Steelers' first string defense, backup Eagles quarterback Mark Sanchez led two successful touchdown drives while going 7 of 9 for a 77.8% completion percentage, 85 yards, 9.4 yards per attempt, 0 interceptions, and a 106.0 passer rating. Again, Eagles number twos against the Steelers' starting defense.

Even Jets fans are stunned and amazed how good Sanchez looked against the Steelers http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/116140-mark-sanchez-ballin-out-at-eagles-camp/page-11

At this point I am just wondering if there's something wrong with the drinking "wooder" in Philly. 

How do you become so obsessed with a coach that you follow him from college to the pros and preach his gospel on message boards?

Chip's legacy at Oregon is having better athletes than the competition, rules violations, and losing big games. Actually, steamrolling bad teams and losing the 1-2 games that matter each year sounds a lot like the Eagles. I guess I do understand why you love him so much. 

Be honest: how many hours have you spent viewing that disgusting GIF of Chip licking his lips? 

Archived