Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

33 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Someone should tell Chase that the ACC though so highly of Maryland's place in those old rivalries to assign them PITT as their rivalry game after the expansion. I watch all the B1G games because most of them are important...Thats how new rivalries are made.

• Like 1

Yes, I know I said that the Terps making the tournament was a pipe dream earlier, and it’s still up in the air, but they are really playing solid ball right now. Schedule is a tad easier down the stretch, but they could easily lose all four. Rutgers is going to be super tough. 

I think that if they win 2 of the last 4, and 1 game in the B1G tourney, they’ll make it as one of the last in. Win 3 of the last 4, and they’re in regardless, I think. 

So happy to see Wiggins becoming the stud I thought he could be when I watched him down here in NCHS ball. Seems to have his confidence, and is just ballin’, not thinking about it. On nights when he and Ayala play well, this is a tough team to beat.

Can’t help thinking how good this team could be if they’d gotten Dickinson. I’m still lukewarm on Turge for that (when he had an obvious BIG need), and for the fact that next year’s class looks so-so, imo. Maybe Wiggins and Ayala, with help from Scott, and Hart, can pull them through.

And...will somebody please start feeding Chol at least 3 cheeseburgers a day!?!

Huge win for the Terps!

These guys have become defensive monsters, and are playing their way into the big dance. It ain’t pretty, but it works. Too bad we didn’t get a big, and a ball handler/play maker, or this team could be seriously dangerous.

Im gonna miss Morsell when he leaves. He is a coach’s dream player, does everything you’d want a player to do. Absolutely one of my fave Terp players, and I’ve been watching them for 5  decades.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, abdcskins said:

They are playing well. They don't have a bad loss, they just have a hard time playing with the upper echelon teams.

They do, as they aren’t particularly big, but they do seem to give opposing teams a rough go, even if they lose. 

If I’m an NCAA coach going to the dance, Terps are a team I’d prefer to avoid.

Lets hope Morsell’s shoulder isn’t too bad, as he is the key to this defense, because he can switch anywhere on the floor, and his leadership keeps this team focused.

Edited by Long n Left

43 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

They do, as they aren’t particularly big, but they do seem to give opposing teams a rough go, even if they lose. 

If I’m an NCAA coach going to the dance, Terps are a team I’d prefer to avoid.

Lets hope Morsell’s shoulder isn’t too bad, as he is the key to this defense, because he can switch anywhere on the floor, and his leadership keeps this team focused.

I am disappointed Marial hasn't developed much.  He was a top 100 recruit two years ago, and when he transferred I was hoping we were getting a rim protector who could rebound at the very least.  I feel like guys who are that tall sometimes have problems with conditioning.  Hopefully he can get better.  I actually think the class next year looks good.  Julian Reese is perhaps slightly undersized at 6'9 to be a dominant PF, but that is picking hairs.  I have never seen him play but he is rated highly.  Same with Ike Cornish.  Hopefully Graham is learning some stuff, he isn't getting much playing time but at least he is learning the technique.  I'm sure there will be a late signing at some point.

I agree, the Terps defense is what makes them dangerous.  They are a streaky shooting team, but they have the guys capable of lighting it up.  Scott is the wild card in my opinion.  And I agree, I love Morsell.  He has gutted it out this year.  Galin Smith has quietly banged down low and gives us good stretches of defense and rebounding.  Eventually we will run into a team with some high energy athletic bigs who we might have a hard time guarding and who can defend our guys on the other end.