Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I have a feeling either Ayala or Wiggins will stay in the draft.  One will leave and one will come back.  There isn't enough scoring to go around next year if both come back, so they don't stand to increase their draft stock.  But if one leaves, I think the other will be persuaded to return and become a major piece of the team.  Of course I hope both return along with Morsell.  That would be such an amazing starting 5 with Russell and Wahab.  WIth the incoming freshmen and Martinez coming in, it would be a very deep squad.

I don't think Ayala or Wiggins have a chance to get drafted and both will end up playing overseas.  I hope they have enough loyalty and love for Maryland to return.  If they are ready to play and make some money I can't knock that.

I have always believed Wiggins is gone but I don't see any pro opportunities for Ayala, at least at this point in time.  But what an offseason for Turge. I was pretty down on next year, I didn't see any impact freshman and it looked to be the same as this year or worse. Now things look much different.  

• Like 1

DGF, feel just the same way. 20 and 21 fresh classes have not inspired me much at all, but Turge did well with Hamilton and Smith as transfers, then killed it this year.

Also agree that Ayala has no pro prospect in this country, but I’ve heard that Wiggins is a possible mid to late second round pick. See how he feels about that. Aaron is a bright and diversified young man, and he may feel that another year in college will help him as an individual, while balling out for a top tier team may raise his stock in next year's draft. One can hope.

On 4/26/2021 at 6:19 PM, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Just talked to a guy who "is a friend of this kids family". He said the parents aren't happy he's going to be a Terp as they wanted him to go to GaTech or UGA. Supposedly, he's going to start at UMd in December a 1/2 year early. 

I firmly believe Morsell will try to turn pro, who can blame him. I'm not familiar with international basketball but is there a big demand for defensive stoppers?  Because that's really his only skill.  Do fans show up to see this great American defender? I'm not so sure.

As for Swann I don't follow Terps football as closely because, well they are Terps football. But I did read that the star of the camp was a  Terp QB commit who was not rated that highly. I assume that was A J Swann and that is fantastic news.  But I'm not sure he will start that soon, little Tua showed he has a lot of upside.  

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I firmly believe Morsell will try to turn pro, who can blame him. I'm not familiar with international basketball but is there a big demand for defensive stoppers?  Because that's really his only skill.  Do fans show up to see this great American defender? I'm not so sure.

As for Swann I don't follow Terps football as closely because, well they are Terps football. But I did read that the star of the camp was a  Terp QB commit who was not rated that highly. I assume that was A J Swann and that is fantastic news.  But I'm not sure he will start that soon, little Tua showed he has a lot of upside.  

Swann is going to end up being a 4-star recruit. Just a matter of time.

He's a stud.

• Like 2

"It's going to be an unbelievable display that I know you will enjoy," athletic director Damon Evans said at the time. "With all the bells and whistles. That's audio. That's sound. That's even a new control room."

The board was announced as part of a facilities improvement campaign that also included:

• Field Hockey & Women's Lacrosse Stadium: Comprehensive enhancement of the facility transforming the existing 5,500 square foot facility into a 12,000 square-foot team house.
  • Stanley Bobb Baseball Player Development Center: State-of-the-art indoor hitting and pitching facility that will allow players to train year-round in a controlled environment.
  • Softball Player Development Center: State-of-the-art indoor hitting and pitching facility that will allow players to train year-round in a controlled environment.
  • Golf Player Development Center: State-of-the-art indoor hitting facility that will allow players the chance to practice in any conditions.
  • Track & Field Stadium: Brand new competition areas for every aspect of track and field, bleachers for home meets and to allow hosting of conference championships.
  • Soccer Stadium: New amenities for athletes, coaches and fans.
  • Gossett Hall: expansion to provide locker rooms, a weight room, and a medical support area for a multitude of student-athletes across all teams to access.

That, of course, doesn't include the massive $200 million-plus indoor football facility at the former Cole Field House, into which the football team will soon relocate. Or the new roughly $30 million basketball practice facility that will begin construction this year.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Swann is going to end up being a 4-star recruit. Just a matter of time.

He's a stud.

Wonder what he costs? :)

I'm only half joking. The revelation of paying players in the SEC didn't even move the needle, the NCAA obviously does not care. I don't believe for a minute that Locks is not in that game judging from the signings.  Just sayin'.  

5 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Swann won’t come in till next year. Sit behind Taulia for a year, then take the reins, we hope.

I’ll be moving to southern SC in a few months. If I get the chance, I may ride out to see him play in HS.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Thanks 1

Bryce Thompson (Kansas) is one of the best remaining transfers available.  He was a consensus five-star recruit but was slowed down by injuries in his freshman year.  I'd like to see Turgeon recruit him (and if not then Ewing haha).  He is going to be a quality scorer.

• 2 weeks later...