Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

@BarstoolNate just did his rank on 106.7. Can't really argue with his takes.

- Why are expectations low?

- Why can they raise $30M for a new practice facility, but $6M to move on to a new coach is something they can't sell boosters?

- Why can't Turg recruit in PG County better?

- Why is "A ton of teams would kill to get to the round of 32" an ok thing for him to say?

- Can't say he did a great job coaching because guys were out of position or they didn't have the size they need, but not mention who built this roster.

- If you're happy with 10 Seeds and making it to the 2nd weekend once a decade. Then sign him to a lifetime deal. There is an area between where the program is now and being a top tier team that we just ignore. Expecting a consistent Top 25 team with this recruiting base and these facilities isn't outlandish.

• Thanks 1

^^Hits the nail directly on the head.

I’ve been a Terps basketball supporter since Lefty got there, and to NOT have expectations of being in the top 25, and being in the sweet 16 more than once a decade, is wrong. Maryland sits in the middle of one of the country’s most fertile recruiting grounds, has top of the line facilities, and more than enough booster money to be a national powerhouse. Turgeon’s reactions are EXACTLY why he is not the guy to lead this program. We supporters deserve better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Brenda and the girls showing the boys how it’s done, up 54-25 over Bama at half. They really are gelling at the right time. Don’t think there’s a team in the tournament that can run and score with them. If they can determine tempo, they are going to be really tough to beat.

Fear the (Lady) Turtle!

10 hours ago, Long n Left said:

What was the context of this quote? Doesn’t sound like Brenda, being disrespectful of other teams/coaches.

I believe she was quoting someone else to the team but the intent was clear.

Yeah, an opponent might be upset but whatever.

I know for a fact Geno says stuff like that (and worse) all the time.

I assume most coaches do.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wow! What a great last few posts to wake up to! I was really bummed to hear about Wahab transferring yesterday, but this makes it all better. I saw Russell play a few times, he is a bit inconsistent, but extremely talented. 

I am fine with the Turgeon extension, although part of me wanted a fresh start with a new name. I know lots of people are over him. You can't knock his recuting ability. His preparation and in game coaching, that is another issue. There is no reason Maryland shouldn't be able to compete for a Big 10 title next year. I haven't read anything about Wiggins, Ayala, or Scott leaving. With Reese and Cornish joining the team they should be stacked.

Well, great news that Turgeon (finally) addressed the holes at big, and point. I’d love to see Ayala and Wiggy stay, but thinking Wiggins may go. Hearing a lot of rumblings of him moving into early second round territory, after playing so well second half of the season. Not sure Ayala has a future in the NBA.

As to the extension, many of you know that I’m not a huge fan of Turgeon the coach, but am a fan of him as a person. The extension is actually very good for Maryland, as there is no added buyout money, and Turge could be let go after next year for only a $3M buyout. (It is $6M through the next year.) Hopefully this will allow him to recruit a good ‘22 class, as I’ve not been thrilled by his past two.

• Thanks 1