Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Calvin Ashley just reaffirmed his commitment to Auburn.

Supposedly he talked to the Auburn coaches.

Basically, I suspect he got cold feet. 

Peaches and CWH from testudo both think he is absolutely coming to MD. The way they are talking, its like they have already seen his signed letter of intent. 

http://www.testudotimes.com/2017/1/1/14138484/maryland-football-recruiting-central-23-1

College recruiting is just weird. 

Very big win at Michigan today, on the heels of that disaster a week ago.

Still way to much dribbling on offense, and relying on hero ball, but it was nice to see Dodd and Nickens show up huge. Also, my crush on Huerter continues to grow. Even when he has an off game, he still makes big plays, and nails a monster 3 late.

Cant get Cheka back fast enough. Bender and Gill are close to worthless.

• Like 1

Re Melo's trouble w turning over the ball on dribble drives -- the announcer said it best after Melo drove the ball then lost it -- he is anticipating contact that isnt coming.

Turg and Melo need to sit down and watch a ton of tape and adjust bc teams are being coached to do the same thing -- stay back, dont let Melo create contact and wait for him to elevate. This is a coachable thing imo. 

I really think Melo is picking up his dribble too soon. Its like once he gets in the paint, he thinks he can just elevate and a defender will foul him.

Also ... melo cant jump.  

This team is going to be much better when Melo leaves. He dominates too much of the ball, and is a one trick pony. He can't/won't pass off the drive, and he's a lazy defender. 

Love be to see what this team could do with more pass and move oriented offensive sets.

Dodd has been excellent again tonight, but MAN do they need Cheka back quick. Dodd  needs more help inside.

• Like 1

I agree Trimble dominates the ball a bit too much.  He draws a lot of attention, if he just found the open man more and trusted his teammates we would get better shots.  Honestly Trimble missed a lot of open shots though, I don't mind his shot selection for the most part (although he def forced a few tonight).

How clutch is Huerter?  In the five or six games I've watched this year he has made some big plays down the stretch.  Give him a foot on defense and he can drill the shot.  Then defensively a big rebound and finding Cowan on the outlet with the perfect pass. 

Dodd's strength is definitely defense.  When he catches the ball close to the rim he can score, other than that he lacks the post game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

This team is going to be much better when Melo leaves. He dominates too much of the ball, and is a one trick pony. He can't/won't pass off the drive, and he's a lazy defender. 

Love be to see what this team could do with more pass and move oriented offensive sets.

Dodd has been excellent again tonight, but MAN do they need Cheka back quick. Dodd  needs more help inside.

I was thinking the same thing watching the last 5 minutes of the game. I think it was 3 possessions in a row he held the ball, drove and took a bad shot, which he missed. I have no problem with him taking shots late, but what I don't like is him getting the ball and holding it the whole time to throw up a bad shot. I guess this goes to the lack of offense Turgeon runs sometimes.

Anyway, I'm glad to see them win again. There is a lot of talent on this team and seeing guys like Dodd play well and Huerter making big shots late is encouraging.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btfoom said:

Nice win last night.

The announcers said it best - the BIG-10 is very good this year.  Wins, especially home wins, are VERY important.  Keep it up, Terps.

I actually think that the B1G is pretty mediocre this year, without any real stud teams. Most of them are okay, and can beat each other on any given night, but I don't see more than 2 teams making the sweet 16, and I'll be shocked if they have a Final Four representative.

• Like 1