Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Edsall was really chewing Hills out on the sideline.

Juding from this quote I don't think we'll see a CJ Brown situation at QB:

"It was always three guys competing for the job, and we allowed those three guys to compete,” said Locksley, who did mention each of Maryland’s three signal callers will continue to compete and have an opportunity to seize the starting job should Hills’ production fall off. "

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Edsall was really chewing Hills out on the sideline.

Juding from this quote I don't think we'll see a CJ Brown situation at QB:

"It was always three guys competing for the job, and we allowed those three guys to compete,” said Locksley, who did mention each of Maryland’s three signal callers will continue to compete and have an opportunity to seize the starting job should Hills’ production fall off. "

How does something fall off from an already infinite abyss?

Maybe Likely can play QB? lol

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 1

New York four-star guard Kevin Huerter has committed to Maryland. Comes after his official visit to College Park this weekend.

Don Markus retweeted Kevin Huerter

Kevin Huerter becomes the second player to commit to Terps in the Class of 2016, following Anthony Cowan Jr.

Kevin Huerter is an excellent get for Maryland. Terrific blend of size, ball handling and shooting ability. Has some Nick Calathes to him.

Credit Dustin Clark for closing the deal. He's now helped land Dion Wiley, Anthony Cowan, Jaylen Brantley, Michal Cekovsky and Ivan Bender.

Bullis Athletics @BullisAthletics

QB D. Haskins 25/44 351 yds, 2 TDs, WR D. Neal 12 catches 117 yds 1 TD, WR C. Brown 3 catches 79 yds 1 TD, RB A. Lopez 11 rushes 55 yds 1 TD

Are these Haskins stats for the season so far ? They are certainly not from this past Saturday's game against MJS.

I'm not putting all my chips on Haskins and Maryland. I think there are much better QB's out there the Terps could consider. Haskins is a shorts and t-shirt qb. Looks great at camps and combines. Just another RGIII type on game day. Don't watch the highlights , watch entire games.

Are these Haskins stats for the season so far ? They are certainly not from this past Saturday's game against MJS.

I'm not putting all my chips on Haskins and Maryland. I think there are much better QB's out there the Terps could consider. Haskins is a shorts and t-shirt qb. Looks great at camps and combines. Just another RGIII type on game day. Don't watch the highlights , watch entire games.

That's certainly not the consensus of college scouts.

We'll see who is right. 

That's certainly not the consensus of college scouts.

We'll see who is right.

No offense Brave, it's just my take on the kid. Some of these kids get way to much hipe. I see it every day. I have seen him at camps and I have seen him in games. In camps he looks great but he is a Totally different person in games. Haskins likes to stare down his recievers. The throws and reads are not a given.

As for the college scouts consensus. They are not always right . Gonna have to wait a year or longer to see if Maryland and Coach Edsall made the right decision. Until then I will pull for Hills to lead the Terps.

Edited by mark327

Well, if you watched the game Saturday, Hillis couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He had his primary reads wide open and could not get them the ball. Haskins would be a big improvement over that. Most high school QBs have one read. They learn how to read defenses in college when they get into their schools system. I'm not worried about that part of his game at this point. He will learn that. His skills in throwing the ball is phenomenal. I'm excited to see what the kid can do when he gets to College Park.

• Like 1

Sorry did not get a chance to see the terps game . I was busy with a high school football practice. As highly rated as this kid is , he should already be able read the progression. Especially since he is being taught by a qb coach who is supposed to be one the the best on the east coast in Paul Troth . I know a few high school qb's that were reading defenses as 12/13 yrs old. Some get it some don't and some never will.

I would think that Haskins would have it by now.

No offense Brave, it's just my take on the kid. Some of these kids get way to much hipe. I see it every day. I have seen him at camps and I have seen him in games. In camps he looks great but he is a Totally different person in games. Haskins likes to stare down his recievers. The throws and reads are not a given.

As for the college scouts consensus. They are not always right . Gonna have to wait a year or longer to see if Maryland and Coach Edsall made the right decision. Until then I will pull for Hills to lead the Terps.

I mean it's possible you're right....but I sure hope not.  :)

And as for Hills, nice kid but he's lacking physical ability.

I hope Rowe takes that job soon.

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/For-Kevin-Huerter-Nothing-Could-Compare-to-Maryland-39246898

For Kevin Huerter, Nothing Could Compare to Maryland

Heading into the second of four planned official visits this weekend, Kevin Huerter was convinced he wouldn't commit before taking his last two trips to Notre Dame and Michigan. He was sure of it. Wouldn't be a thorough decision. Wasn't going to happen.

Then Maryland blew his whole family away, and now the highly regarded 6-foot-6 upstate New York guard is a Terp, having called Mark Turgeon to commit less than a day after leaving College Park.

"We loved it. I didn't really feel like any of the other visits were necessary. We loved Maryland, and this time of year, [other players'] commitments happen fast," Huerter told IMS Monday afternoon. "I was really comfortable with the coaches and the players. After a tournament in Virginia, they had been recruiting me harder than anyone. Without even realizing it, I was comparing all of the other schools to Maryland."

Huerter's visit, which also included his parents, was jam-packed. There was a first-day lunch in Columbia and an outing to watch the men's soccer team knock off No. 1 UCLA on Friday night. Then Saturday, he headed to the football game with the team, and he was stunned to see how much interest they were getting.

"There were 100s of people lining up to get their autographs. And when we were walking around, people were coming up just to get a chance to talk to them. So they were like superstars," he said, adding that fans were also approaching him regularly.

The 6-foot-6 guard, who led Shenendehowa High (Clifton Park, N.Y.) to a state championship last year, bonded immediately with Maryland's players, with whom he spent Saturday evening at the Lincoln Memorial.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH