Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Must Look at this!!!

bayougator

Hey Bayou,

I have to admit I didn't believe at first but now I'm convinced. Just wanted to let you know your brother is a man that understands what his blessings are. I brought my son to training camp this year. It was after fan appreciation day and the week before the first cuts. Pat had signed autographs after the morning practice. I guess the line was only about 150 yards long and 5 deep along the rope. My son and I were at the end. Well, PR stopped signing about halfway down the line, which was pretty amazing but my son was a little disappointed. He's only seven. After the second practice, PR came back out and as he was walking back to the line of fans, a handicapped boy in his middle teens was coming up the driveway. All the other fans behind the rope were screaming PR's name. Your brother gave that handicap kid a big smile and five minutes of his time. Made him feel like he was the luckiest kid on the planet. Then he went to start signing again only he started where he left off after the first session. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LINE! We hade made sure we were at the head of the line. My son started kicking up dustballs after that one. I told him to be patient. In the end Pat finished the entire line. On his way back to the clubhouse he waved people off because his hand was cramping. I yelled his name and pointed at my son standing in front of me. PR gave me a look like "Man, cute kid, but if I come over there I'm going to get mauled." I said to him it's not for me it's for my boy. He waved for me to throw him the ball, caught it, signed it, and threw it back to my boy. Class act, that's all I can say.

Tell him thanks, even though he probably doesn't remember.

This is great. Thanks Bayougator! Patrick is a class act--a great example of how a pro athlete should conduct himself on AND off the field. I've been in his corner from day 1, partly because my REAL name is Patrick too. :D And my girlfriend is from Louisiana, so Patrick is our guy. I hope he's part of the Redskins for a long, long time.

What great shots. Right On! I am a jealous MTF! Give the guy our support, but what is that little baby doing without a football in his hand? How are the Ramsey's supposed to dominate the NFL for the next 40 years with their javalin type tosses if that little kid is slacking off! HAHA! I always thought the guy was a superhero. Nice to know he has a Clark Kent side to him, and I don't mean that in a dorky kinda way. FIGHT ON FIGHT ON!

Guest skinsmatic

I'm a 30 year fan. Live and Die Skins. And the only player on skins team that I would want my child to idiolize is Patrick Ramsey! He says all the right things and then give's it his all! He's a Role Model!

Well Bayougator, add my name to the list of folks who doubted you but who now have to eat their words. You have to understand though, after the WackyRalph incedent, we're all a little more sceptical around here these days.

Anyway, many, many thanks for the pics. Now, I can honestly refute my assertions that all the time spent on extremeskins means nothing and that nobody from the team would ever care to know what I have to say.

Originally posted by skinsmatic

I'm a 30 year fan. Live and Die Skins. And the only player on skins team that I would want my child to idiolize is Patrick Ramsey! He says all the right things and then give's it his all! He's a Role Model!

Agreed! I'm glad that our team has somebody like Patrick that we can all look to, young and old, and appreciate that he is more of a man and role model than most of the athletes in today's NFL. What a great work ethic and demeanor he has, it would do us well if more people on the team followed his example.

It sure is nice to have something like this to boost the spirits around here. It goes to show how somebody with Patrick’s dedication to the team, himself and the fans can help us all to forget the last couple of weeks and all the negativity that has followed. Thank you bayougator! I know that I needed something like that and I'm sure the same can be said for others around here.

Originally posted by Dale

Too cool, bayougator. I'm a Cowboys fan (who certainly disagrees with the "give the Cowboys hell" message above :) ), but can appreciate players like Ramsey -- class acts who give it their all.

The fact a relative is able to join in on the fanfare in a place like this, and even let Patrick enjoy some of it too is even cooler.

I agree with Dale.

You guys have a great site here, and it is really cool that you know that P. Ramsey might be surfing the site at any time!

Can't wait for Nov. 2nd!!

Heh. Somehow I missed this thread. It must have been the "Must look at this!!!" subject line that scared me off. :D

Its nice to see PR checking out extremeskins, and even nicer to have his bro perusing the boards (especially since he seems to be a very nice guy). I actually felt bad when I saw the picture though, knowing that this has been quite a negative week on the boards. Hopefully you explained to him that such things simply come from the emotional investment that many D.C. fans have for their football team, and that he shouldn't take them to heart.

Additionally, he should know that the fans are VERY supportive of him, and aren't laying any of the blame for the team's performance at his feet. We know he's a warrior, that he's doing the best that he possibly can under the circumstances, and that he will continue to mature and improve as he gains experience in the league. As Die Hard said, just keep having fun, remember its a game, and mistakes are ok. Just learn from them.

Thanks bayou (and by the way, PR isn't the first Redskins QB whose relatives have hung out on the board, Sage Rosenfels' family was here before he was traded to the Dolphins), and thanks PR, if any of this comes your way.

too cool

Its nice to see PR checking out extremeskins, and even nicer to have his bro perusing the boards (especially since he seems to be a very nice guy). I actually felt bad when I saw the picture though, knowing that this has been quite a negative week on the boards.

Yeah, I felt the same way.

Archived