Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Draft Day(s) Thread.

redrobert

I'm sure he'll be good because the FO is way more informed than we are.

But I will say damn, I can't believe I've been looking forward to the draft and following every day and the first pick is an OLB. Feels like when you're a kid on Christmas Eve and that one present your parents let you open before Christmas morning turns out to be socks.

I'm sure he'll be good because the FO is way more informed than we are.

But I will say damn, I can't believe I've been looking forward to the draft and following every day and the first pick is an OLB. Feels like when you're a kid on Christmas Eve and that one present your parents let you open before Christmas morning turns out to be socks.

I felt the same.  Nothing against Murphy and I'm sure he will be a fine player for us.  Just not what I was hoping for.  I was hoping for that lights out right tackle opposite Trent.  Oh well, we have 6 more picks.  

The only thing that may make sense with the Murphy pick is they are assuming they will let Orakpo go after this year. Like what I hear about the guys motor and nasty disposition. Maybe Kerrigan 2.0?

Still hopeful Moses is there when we pick again but I doubt it...

Per John Keim of ESPN: The Redskins had hoped to use certain sets with extra outside linebackers on the field a year ago, but then-rookie Brandon Jenkins was rarely active. They can use two of these three linebackers on the same side, providing a different look and problems for the line. Murphy plays with an attitude that should work well with these players.

you can read the whole article at the Breaking News section.

Anybody else getting sick of hearing "I'm the man I'm the man I'm the man....Yes I am Yes I am Yes I am"

Also, somebody needs to tell the guy in the middle of the Miami fans it's not 1986 anymore, lol.  Jean Jacket with rock band patches....flash backs big time.  I could probably find mine in the attic.

Trading that pick with Dallas, that's a deal with the devil - watch that pick burn us for the next decade.  OLB - insurance in case Orkpo walks or if him or Kerrigan gets injured, I suppose.

Come on third round, give me some love.

Archived