Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok, this was funny

Predicto

Crips Release DeSean Jackson Over Concern About His Affiliation with Washington Redskins Organization

Ross Snow Apr 2nd, 2014 0 Comment

deseantmz-300x190.jpg

The Crips street gang announced today they will be releasing DeSean Jackson, amidst rumors of possible ties with one of the most troubled and controversial franchises in the NFL, the Washington Redskins.

“We enjoyed our time with Desean.  We had a lot of good years together,” said an anonymous Crips member.  “But we don’t want his rumored association with such a terrible institution to sully our name.  We’re a group that represents intimidation and toughness, and his ties with Washington contradict those values.  So it was best to cut ties.”

The announcement came just days after being released from the 10-6 Philadelphia Eagles.  Jackson will be joining a Washington Redskins team who finished the 2013 season with a 3-13 record.

“And don’t get me started on the name controversy,” the Crips member added.  “While we may be known as a group that commits crimes such as larceny, drug trafficking and murder, we are NOT known as a group that supports racial stereotypes towards Native Americans.  How the NFL hasn’t changed the team name or logo is something we here in the Crips are baffled by and discuss frequently.”

The release comes as a shock to many, as Jackson was only 27 years-old, arguably in the prime of his crime committing career.

“I’d like to emphasize this decision was not based on his gang related performance; he excelled in those regards,”  stated another Crips member, referring to the wide receivers rumored connections with two murders.  “This is STRICTLY about being affiliated with the Washington football team and avoiding such negative influence on our younger members.”

While it’s not known who the Crips will look to sign to replace Jackson, rumors are they’ve been in heavy contact with the Cincinnati Bengals and expect a signing in the near future.

http://www.sportspickle.com/2014/04/crips-release-desean-jackson-concern-affiliation-washington-redskins-organization

I'm in a bit of a giddy mood.  Rather than pizzing me off, this just made me laugh really hard.

I'm sorry Predicto, but I think the article is all made up. No one could believe that the Crip front office is as bad as the Eagles' decision makers.

But as far as any alleged gang contexts are concerned, wouldn't we be better off attempting to build bridges of understanding?

I think I'll order this book to get the ball rolling for myself:

51jn3BwelEL.jpg

from the Amazon page: She juxtaposes theories, movements, and identities such as environmental justice, reproductive justice, cyborg theory, transgender politics, and disability that are typically discussed in isolation and envisions new possibilities for crip futures and feminist/queer/crip alliances. This bold book goes against the grain of normalization and promotes a political framework for a more just world.

velocet

I think I'll order this book to get the ball rolling for myself:

51jn3BwelEL.jpg

from the Amazon page: She juxtaposes theories, movements, and identities such as environmental justice, reproductive justice, cyborg theory, transgender politics, and disability that are typically discussed in isolation and envisions new possibilities for crip futures and feminist/queer/crip alliances. This bold book goes against the grain of normalization and promotes a political framework for a more just world.

Looks like a tough read. I'll wait for it to come out as a movie.

The Philadelphia Eagles sent a message to Nick Foles today that they see him as the clear No. 1 quarterback on the roster for this season and beyond by signing noted suckwad QB Mark Sanchez to be his backup.

“Oh, wow, I can’t thank Coach [Chip] Kelly and [owner] Jeffrey Lurie for showing this kind of confidence in me,” said Foles. “To bring in Mark Sanchez … I mean, well … it’s obvious they wouldn’t want to play him and don’t even feel I need competition for the No. 1 spot. It really means a lot.”

There was some speculation that the Eagles would bring in a capable veteran backup to mentor Foles and possibly step in behind center if the 25 year-old should falter. But Sanchez is a non-option as a starter and could only mentor Foles on how to embarrass himself on national television.

“It feels really good to know that I won’t have to be looking over my shoulder,” said Foles. “Except maybe to, you know, look back and see what kind of douchey hairdo Mark has every day.”

The Eagles have placed Sanchez fourth on their depth chart with blank spaces at No. 2 and No. 3.

“Technically, he’s the backup,” said Kelly. “But we didn’t want to disrespect the many solid backup quarterbacks in the NFL by placing Mark on their level.”

Archived