Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Godzilla Returns

Ghost of

New trailer, y'all and I got really excited, more than I did for the 98 version (which we shall not discuss further.)

Remember GOdzilla 1985? That volcano scene made me sad. When you're a kid, you think that maybe they really are killing off the big G.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xe6svy_godzilla-s-farewell_shortfilms

"Nature has a way sometimes of reminding man of just how small he is. She occasionally throws up the terrible offspring of our pride and carelessness to remind us of how puny we really are in the face of a tornado, an earthquake or a Godzilla. The reckless ambitions of man are often dwarfed by their dangerous consequences. For now,Godzilla, that strangely innocent and tragic monster, has gone to earth. Whether he returns or not or is never again seen by human eyes, the things he has taught us remain."

He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Here it is:

What I like is that Godzilla is not going to be a villain (like 1985) but will be an anti-hero, so he's going to fight monsters.

Gareth Edwards said he would love to (if Toho grants permission) have a "Destroy All Monsters!" sort of movie after this one. I don't need Godzilla to be cute and super-sentient, but he can't be the villain of 1954, nor can they kill him off like 1985 or G v. Destroyah.

My dad put me on to Godzilla a long time ago. He told me when he was young, young some parts used to scare him (like him passing building then looking at a window at somebody specific or mothra webspinning him and him falling in the ocean). A lot of the movies have cheesy dialogue, so sometimes he would fast-forward to the fight scenes or we'd just kick back and waste part of the day (sometimes you gotta do that in life).

But I'm telling you, this movie is the best of both worlds. It has the production company who made Godzilla with a hollywood budget, graphics, and good name actors. That's what needed to be done if Godzilla was stay relevant or brought back to life.

This could be very,very cool. I remember watching the 1954 version for the first time way back in 1969,(movie had to have an impact if I remember that far. ;) ). It was terrifying at times and very exciting at times. Out of all of the movies they made since then,that one remains my favorite by far. Looks like this one captures some of the same feeling as its 1954 predecessor,(obviously by design). Look forward to seeing this movie. 

My dad put me on to Godzilla a long time ago. He told me when he was young, young some parts used to scare him (like him passing building then looking at a window at somebody specific or mothra webspinning him and him falling in the ocean). A lot of the movies have cheesy dialogue, so sometimes he would fast-forward to the fight scenes or we'd just kick back and waste part of the day (sometimes you gotta do that in life). But I'm telling you, this movie is the best of both worlds. It has the production company who made Godzilla with a hollywood budget, graphics, and good name actors. That's what needed to be done if Godzilla was stay relevant or brought back to life.

I grew up with Godzilla.  True story: One time, I must have been 2 or 3, and I saw an Asian woman (this was in DC back when, at least as I recall, there weren't quite as many Asians as there might be now) and said, "Mommy! Mommy! It's one of the people from Godzilla!"  

If I were rating things on being a "good movie" I'd have to put the 1954 version up there, though I think Godzilla 1985/Godzilla Returns is a great one too.  Raymond Burr alone adds a lot of gravitas to both of the films, I wish he were still alive for a cameo :(  

In any event, I have read that Toho will consider granting rights to the other monsters IF this movie does well enough.  I'm not SURE how they'd introduce some of them.  As ABSURD as Godzilla is, there is at least a sense of plausibility with him, whereas "magical" monsters or tiny little twins (Mothra's worshippers) don't make as much sense.  I also hope they avoid aliens, though those were fun movies and plots.  

Archived