Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shefter per Twitter- Salary cap projected to be $150 million by 2016

MR2Drift

Per Shefter through twitter-

"Salary cap projected to rise to about $133 million this year, expected to break $140 million next year and $150 million by 2016, per source"

Guess this means the Cowboys can keep doing what they always do. But it also means we should be doing our contracts sooner rather than later becuase contracts are going to be getting ridiculous. These young QB's could be easily getting 150+ million contracts in a few years.

Until the salary cap is so high that many teams can't even get near the minimums, I don't see the number really giving any team an advantage. 

It's always going to favor the teams that can budget and choose talent wisely. The Cowboys getting a bit of a reprieve from their cap Hell is off-set by the fact that a team like the Eagles or Patriots have that much more to spend. So, the teams that did a good job when the cap was $115M are the ones that will succeed at $150M. 

All it means is player salaries will continue to climb and reset the "market value".  Once again, good allocating of resources will be key.  I hope the redskins understand this and move forward with value deals, not just expecting to fix our holes with numerous $30 million+ starters

Until the salary cap is so high that many teams can't even get near the minimums, I don't see the number really giving any team an advantage. 

It's always going to favor the teams that can budget and choose talent wisely. The Cowboys getting a bit of a reprieve from their cap Hell is off-set by the fact that a team like the Eagles or Patriots have that much more to spend. So, the teams that did a good job when the cap was $115M are the ones that will succeed at $150M.

I agree. its all relative, whether the number be 115m, 130m or 150m. plus it wont get you more talent, you will just pay more for the same level of talent.

You guys ever wonder why the Salary cap has recently been going up all of a sudden?lol..... Turns out DeMaurice Smith is in a heated battle with Sean Gilbert who wants to take over DeMaurice Smith's spot and battle with the owners about the CBA because he feels the owners got the best of the deal.

The cap has been stagnant and players have been rumbling about replacing Smith and all of a sudden Gilbert pops up and he's the favorite to take the spot and the Salary Cap is rumored to balloon to $150 mil. 

The scam however is..... the vote for NFL players association is in 11-12 months so they're throwing out this $150 salary cap number hoping it'll cool the flames and get DeMaurice Smith out of the players dog house before the NFLPA votes again.  lol 

Whilst this may be true, if Schefter told me it was a 100 outside I'm wrapping up preparing for a blizzard.

Little to no respect left for his 'reporting.'

Hail.

I was gonna  say, he's normally spot on but I've soured on his Shanny loyalty.

And as the tv money finds its way into the cap this is entirely believable.  But I'm not going to back load money based on Shefter's word.

Archived