Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Titanfall

Toe Jam

One of the most talked about games in recent history is less than two months from release. Who's picking it up? I've had it preordered for awhile, and the recent alpha footage has just made me even more excited about this game.

On top of that, Microsoft is releasing a beautiful limited edition controller at launch.

xbox-one-titanfall-controller_zpsa4ca440

It's sold out on Amazon, but you can still preorder it from Gamestop.

I'm pretty excited.  The action and the pace of the game looks promising.  I love that it will only be 6v6, it should make for excellent match making.  Small team sizes do a much better job at promoting team work.

I like what I've been seeing from the most recent "alpha" leaked footage of the game.  It looks very polished.  Titanfall needs a strong release after all of the hype, and if they can do that they will steal a ton of people from Battlefield due to the terrible support from EA and DICE.

I have no issue with 6v6, but I am a lot less excited about this game after hearing that there will still be 48 "players" per round with 36 bots and 12 human players. I don't like the sound of that AT ALL, but we will see how it turns out.

Bots are pretty dumb, but I really didn't see any in the alpha footage, but maybe I missed them.

Beta confirmed

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/27/retailer-suggests-titanfall-beta-coming-in-february

UPDATE: Respawn founder and studio head Vince Zampella took to Twitter to, it would seem, address this rumor sarcastically, saying, "Yes, we will have an announcement soon. I'm sure no one can guess what it will be... #supersecret"

Beyond excited for this game. I think it's going to be nuts. I've had eye on this since the One was first announced.

This game is one of the main reasons I'm getting a XB1.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm enjoying it so far.  In its Beta stage, it already feels smoother and more refined than BF4.  Not a single crash has happened.  No major glitches or hiccups.

The flags on domination are just too damn far apart on the beta map.  I spend more time walking around than fighting.

I know the game is called titanfall, but I REALLY hope that there are infantry only game modes.  Mostly because the infantry combat is VERY fluid.  The wall running and jumping adds a great element to the combat.  some small maps with tons of buildings would be a blast.

Titanfall is a beast, I had very limited time with the demo but I had crazy fun with it. DAMN these guys put together a master piece to be such a small studio. Its going to be interesting how they incorporate the campain with the multiplayer I just can't vison it but I can't wait to experience it.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone still looking to buy Titanfall like I was today I found a sick deal on bestbuy.com(for in-store only though)

Basically trade in any of the listed xb1 titles and get 45$ off your purchase towards Titanfall. I just traded Dead Rising since I never play it anymore but I'm sure a bunch of you have COD Ghosts laying around too.

On top of that the guy told me they reduced their gamer club rewards card from 120$ to 60$ which gives you 20% off purchases of new titles, 10% off used titles and best of all in my case 10% bonus on trade in values, plus a bunch more for 2 years. I figured I'd just need to get 5 games within the next 2 years and its pays for itself not to mention the other benefits. I had a ton of old 360 games I wasn't playing so with the 45$ deal and my trade ins I got about 170$ of value back. I just put that towards Titanfall and the season pass and got a little leftover.

The Deal:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/Video+Game+Trade+In+Offer/pcmcat248300050002.c?id=pcmcat248300050002

Gamers Club Reward Benefits:

https://my.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits

Archived