Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'd like to See the Fanbase Rise Above and Send London Out Properly

kleese

I am in let me think on what we can do!

Thanks Huly... You and Pez rock this stuff and of any fans on the board I figured you two would be most well equipped to figure it out. If you guys are taking the lead on it, then it is in the most capable of hands.

Well done kleese, it genuinely helps to be reminded of all we do have to celebrate, even in the midst of all furor this season. Fletcher does deserve this, he's earned it from the fans time and time again, I hope people take your suggestion to heart.

I am going to talk to Pez this weekend but I wonder if we could get some fans in my section involved.  We are 105 near the tunnel and maybe make a bunch of signs that spell out "Thank You Fletcher" or something when they come off the field.  Thoughts?  I know there are more ES members in 105-109

Good post, kleese.

As a start, something simple the team could do is to make sure that the defense is introduced pre-game, and then have London be the last of the 11 out of the tunnel.  That'd be a built-in spot for the fans to show their appreciation.

Good post, kleese.

As a start, something simple the team could do is to make sure that the defense is introduced pre-game, and then have London be the last of the 11 out of the tunnel. That'd be a built-in spot for the fans to show their appreciation.

Yes, if the fans could build it up a bit prior--- signs like Huly mentioned, maybe some chants, etc... It could clue in other fans who could then figure out what's going on and hopefully respond in kind when he is introduced.

The team would be very wise to pick up on this as it would help shed a positive light on what otherwise could be a very ugly PR day for them.

Pez brought up a good point, are we 100% sure that Fletcher will retire? We can not do anything that will embarass him or for him to think that we want him gone.

Thoughts?

Definitley a good point. I thought somewhere along the line he said this would be it for him. But yes, if you go all out and then he says he isn't retiring, that would awkward :)

Definitley a good point. I thought somewhere along the line he said this would be it for him. But yes, if you go all out and then he says he isn't retiring, that would awkward :)

Pez is remembering Green everyone thought every year it was his last but he just kept on going LOL

Not sure what to do!

Pez brought up a good point, are we 100% sure that Fletcher will retire?  We can not do anything that will embarass him or for him to think that we want him gone. 

Thoughts?

Maybe just a bunch of "WE LOVE YOU" kind of signs...? Or maybe something to encourage him to stay? "LONDON-- 2014's WRECKING BALL"?

Pez is remembering Green everyone thought every year it was his last but he just kept on going LOL

Not sure what to do!

You would think someone in the media would ask him this week, but with all he drama it might not be on the top of their priority list. As it stands, having thought about it, I don't think there is much you can do really--- unless London himself makes it clear this is his last home game. I am 99% sure he won't be a Redskin next year but that doesn't necessarily mean he is retiring I guess.

You would think someone in the media would ask him this week, but with all he drama it might not be on the top of their priority list. As it stands, having thought about it, I don't think there is much you can do really--- unless London himself makes it clear this is his last home game. I am 99% sure he won't be a Redskin next year but that doesn't necessarily mean he is retiring I guess.

Pez and I both agree.  We both think it will be his last.  i will ask around and see if I can get any info but London himself might not decide until mid offseason

This week will probably be the last home game for Santana Moss too. It's truly sad how these guys are being lost in the utter madness from Ashburn.

Moss for Coles is in the running for greatest trade in Redskins history. He had an awesome run here.

Moss for Coles is in the running for greatest trade in Redskins history. He had an awesome run here.

Moss, Fletcher, Doughty, and Golston; the last remaining Gibbs guys and I'm gonna miss em badly.

Wow, I'm just so defeated as a fan. I'm crying about losing Golston and Doughty.

Moss, Fletcher, Doughty, and Golston; the last remaining Gibbs guys and I'm gonna miss em badly.

Wow, I'm just so defeated as a fan. I'm crying about losing Golston and Doughty.

Of all those guys, I could see Doughty coming back. He is inexpensive, experienced, good on special teams, and not a bad back up S. Seems like the kind of affordable guy a new staff would want to keep.

London is such an awesome person. I had the honor of meeting him at Tysons back in 2010. The guy was so down to earth and we talked Redskins football for a good 5 minutes. He even signed my hat "Dallas Sucks! Go Skins! HTTR!"

I can only imagine how awful this season has been for him with all the backstabbing and dysfunction. He doesn't deserve any of it.

Another sad day for Redskins fans.

Archived