Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

deadspin: Trent Williams Says Ref Called Him A "Disrespectful Mother******"

Destino

this sounds odd to me. 

trent would actually say that to a ref, then turn around (along with niles and griff) and look at him like he has 2 heads when he responds? and if the TW did say that, the refs response, i would argue, was tame in comparison.

if theres is any truth in TW saying that, then i can imagine him saying it to another player in the heat of a play or skirmish, and maybe the ref thought TW was talking to him. 

but TW saying that to a ref, the ref responding, then TW being so pissed about it after the game, you could see it on his face and hear it in his voice?

doesnt make sense 

wheres the fracking audio, anyway??? all those mics, and no audio? WTF?

this sounds odd to me. 

trent would actually say that to a ref, then turn around (along with niles and griff) and look at him like he has 2 heads when he responds? and if the TW did say that, the refs response, i would argue, was tame in comparison.

if theres is any truth in TW saying that, then i can imagine him saying it to another player in the heat of a play or skirmish, and maybe the ref thought TW was talking to him. 

but TW saying that to a ref, the ref responding, then TW being so pissed about it after the game, you could see it on his face and hear it in his voice?

doesnt make sense 

wheres the fracking audio, anyway??? all those mics, and no audio? WTF?

It does seem odd that Trent would react like he's an innocent bystander, but then he denies it, so I don't know.  

Refs shouldn't be talking to players this way, but if this is true, that Trent is only mad he got as good as he gave, he needs to sit down and shut up.  

I'm not taking the word of a ref that already been talked to about his insulting behavior on the field who probably felt pressured to come up with a reason for these accusations coming up about him again.  If they have the audio that's one thing, but this ref has a history and after Trent called him out there was word from other teams about incidents with this same ref.  

Archived