Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

deadspin: Trent Williams Says Ref Called Him A "Disrespectful Mother******"

Destino

Washington OT Trent Williams claims that umpire Roy Ellison called him a "garbage ass" and "disrespectful mother****er" at some point late in the first quarter of the game against the Eagles.

According to CSN's Rob Carlin, Williams identified Ellison by number—81—and said he was chirping with the refs all day, but Ellison apparently took it up a notch when he approached the Washington as they were about to run a play and let Williams know how he felt about him.

http://deadspin.com/trent-williams-says-ref-called-him-a-disrespectful-mot-1466330143

Also from:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/17/trent-williams-accuses-ref-of-cursing-at-him-during-game/

Redskins tackle Trent Williams was frustrated after Sunday’s loss to the Eagles, but not just because of the loss to the Eagles.

Williams accused umpire Roy Ellison of cursing at him and making disparaging remarks to him during the game.

“When you have a ref come up to while you’re at the line about to run a play and call you, excuse my language, but a ‘garbage [expletive] disrespectful [expletive]‘ to me this is a player’s league,” Williams said, via CSNWashington.com. “I just don’t think there’s no room for you to have to take that from the team and the refs. I think it’s very unprofessional and it sucks. I’m at a loss for words. You never expect that as a player going into a game to have to beef with the refs also.”

Redskins guard Kory Lichtensteiger said, via Grant Paulsen of 106.7 The Fan, that he heard the official say the same thing that Williams accused him of saying. Lichtensteiger was wearing a microphone during the game and the league could use tapes from those recordings to investigate what Ellison said on the field.

Just heard Trent talking about this and to say he's pissed is an understatement. And rightly so. There's ZERO way an official should EVER lower themselves to get involved in that ****. 

Keim's tweeting that a lot of other players have backed Trent up from both sides too. 

The NFL HAVE to act on this one if it's as damning as it appears on Ellison. 

Hail. 

I don't think that last part really means anything.  I don't think Trent was subliminally saying something about Shanahan there, like Deadspin is implying.  But who knows. 

That's just Deadspins BS, ignore it.  I removed it from the quoted section in the OP.

This story has legs. Lich was mic'd up, so the NFL could go to the tape.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/17/trent-williams-accuses-ref-of-cursing-at-him-during-game/

Thanks added that link to the OP.  Deadspin isn't the best of sources but they had this one up fast.  

I don't think that last part really means anything.  I don't think Trent was subliminally saying something about Shanahan there, like Deadspin is implying.  But who knows. 

I think (could be wrong) that they are referring to the Josh Morgan quote:

Josh Morgan wouldn't stop for interview. "Coach said I can't talk. Coach said I can't play football and I can't talk."

So players don't mouth off to refs at all times during the game? Professional behaviour should be observed all around.

I agree, but officials should be held to a higher standard than players. Officials are entrusted to ensure a fair game, they cannot have grudges like that. Players are expected to fight for their own side.

Archived