Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tornado outbreak

RichmondRedskin88

Some of the witnesses in Washington, IL (~100 miles SW of Chicago) are saying 200-300 houses were destroyed.  It was pretty rainy and windy in Chicago but luckily the storm veered south.

A couple of my friends who are Ravens fans were texting me (I live in Chicago) to ask if it was the real deal or the NFL being overly cautious (they delayed the Ravens-Bears game by 2 hours) and it was definitely the real deal.

Some of the witnesses in Washington, IL (~100 miles SW of Chicago) are saying 200-300 houses were destroyed.  It was pretty rainy and windy in Chicago but luckily the storm veered south.

A couple of my friends who are Ravens fans were texting me (I live in Chicago) to ask if it was the real deal or the NFL being overly cautious (they delayed the Ravens-Bears game by 2 hours) and it was definitely the real deal.

Have you seen the CNN iwitness video of that thing, it was a half mile wide beast.

Right? I was reading/hearing tornado warnings possible in that area about 3 hours before kickoff. What the **** were they thinking?

I had the Bears pre-game on while I was cleaning up around the apartment they already knew about the touchdown near Peoria before the game even started.  The local news team cut into the CBS pre-game and they had their field reporter from the Bears' game talking about the weather.  She was actually surprised when she saw the Ravens run onto the field.  I agree that it was really dumb to start right then.  To play 30 minutes of football (~10 minutes of clock time) and then try to get almost 70k people to evacuate into the concourse is incredibly dumb.  They could've just delayed the start and had MUCH more time to get people out of the stands.

They're saying there are 6 dead (mostly downstate) and a number of parts of counties in central IL have declared disaster zones.

Archived