Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hypothetical: Build Your Front Office

PigskinRedskin

Yeah, it's pretty easy watching Alabama, to tell that they don't do anything special. They are just better than you. Very simple and basic gameplans.

those videos of their new building were unbelievable. guys leave Alabama and Oregon and are probably disappointed by the facilities the NFL offer.

It would just be nice to see coaches that don't out think themselves or feel the need to prove their "genius" to everyone. That Darrell Young TD in overtime was a turning point for me with Kyle, and I actually think Kyle called a pretty good game against the Vikings.

it's a challenge for sure. I wouldn't have minded seeing DY again in the first series of the Minnesota game.

I completely agree that Kyle has been pretty decent as of late, just some bad execution on the field. Yeah, there's some suspect play-calling here and there, but how much do we really know if there was an available audible that wasn't used, etc.

I think our HC needs to be stern and strict, game mechanic minded and desire to be a champion. Sometimes I feel as though Shanahan is a little lethargic and never hear and see from him. Our coordinators should be fresh and Kyle could really build a strong gameplan given the defense can breakdown the offense and get the opponents defense back on the field and tired. 

Yeah, and we've been harping on that "audible vs check with me" thing all season.  I don't think that Griffin has the power to change one route in this offense. 

And I'm not sure the HC has to be strict, but they need to be a strong personality and they need to have a feel for the game as it's happening.  I'm not sure any of our coaches (at least not the ones with any say right now) have that feel.

I do like Kyle, sometimes, but I don't think he's close to ready.  The young guys so rarely pan out as head coaches and I don't want to waste any time with Griffin.  The years are precious and few with this type of a talent.  I think the only way I'd be okay with Kyle as the HC is if we had a guy like Dick LeBeaux running the defense.  And that won't happen.

it's a challenge for sure. I wouldn't have minded seeing DY again in the first series of the Minnesota game.

They crashed the middle.  I'm not sure why we didn't inside out them.  I would've given it to DY and faked a pitch to Morris on 1st down and then came back with the same thing on 3rd down if we weren't in yet.  I don't know why we don't do more 50/50 plays like this.

Sometimes keeping it simple actually works to your advantage.  They have a 50% chance of guessing right (which is high), but they have a 50% chance of guessing it wrong.

Also, if DY scores on that play - you have that play in your hip  pocket in short yardage situations later in the game.

Also, since this thread is FO oriented, I'll add that Eric Schaffer and Scott Campbell go nowhere.  We were able to field a 53 man roster the last two seasons and be set up for next year because of these two.

Unlike Dallas - these two made lemonade out of cyanide.

Also, since this thread is FO oriented, I'll add that Eric Schaffer and Scott Campbell go nowhere. We were able to field a 53 man roster the last two seasons and be set up for next year because of these two.

Unlike Dallas - these two made lemonade out of cyanide.

and Dallas penalty was minor in comparison. big credit to whoever structured these contracts to expire at the same point as the penalty. hopefully it isn't all pushed out to 15 and beyond

IF We kept the same HC in place I'd like to grab Wade Phillips as DC (as I see Houston cleaning shop) and Dave Taub as special teams coach (pay him to get him away from KC)

I like the Davis Shaw talk if we go with a new group. I think Chris Ault could be an interesting person to look at as OC. I'm not really a gruden fan

My choices are based around retaining Mike Shanahan for two more years (a one year extension to his current contract). Morocco Brown becomes the GM in waiting, assisting Mike Shanahan until his sixth year is complete. He will then take over as GM, with Bruce retained in proportionate role.

Everything else becomes Morocco's choice in 2016.

Unless Mike refused to fire Jim Haslett in which case fire everybody immediately.

I like Rex Ryan personally and think he would be a great fit. If there's a window to get him in the offseason, I would jump on it.

I assume you're talking about as head coach. If Rex was appointed to any front office position I would fully expect Fedex Field to catch on fire, probably within a few hours.

This maximizes organizational continuity while fixing the primary problems with the structure and personnel. Essentially, jettison what's bad, keep what's good while getting closer to a true GM-based front office structure and avoiding doing a total "clean house".

Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager: Bruce Allen (Allen's not a great personnel guy which is why AJ Smith stays to take care of that He's excellent at many of the other aspects of the job)

Director of Player Personnel: A.J Smith (Smith was a pretty good drafter in San Diego, but he's a terrible contracts guy, terrible at the relations side, and so forth...but guess what his buddy Bruce Allen is good at - actually it's uncanny how much they would compliment each other in theory)

Head Coach: Kyle Shanahan (Kyle's a great OC, his playcalling just leaves a bit to be desired at times, though his aggressive playcalls would work with more talent - making him HC is a risk especially given his issues with RGIII but even with all the issues our offense has made strides - alternatively this can be Ryan Dennison or Darrell Bevell)

Offensive Coordinator: Matt LeFleur

Defensive Coordinator: Raheem Morris (Morris has actually built good defenses, and tbh the back 4 isn't the problem with the team anymore, it's just Haslett's terrible scheming and playcalling and lack of talent).

Interesting. I like the HC be a strong persone, leader of men and someone who is managing the team...but he should not coordinate or call plays. He has two nedy mad scientists for that role. Does two coordinators might lack the people skills the HC has, but they are super smart. They are the people who outcoach the other team. 

Because it's hypothetical Mike Shanahan steps down as HC because he is just tired. Bruce Allen agrees to step a step back to make room for a personal guy who can build the depth on the team. He will continue to be a cap guy and run business side. 

GM: Nick Caserio. Looks to me like a young and hungry GM and what intrigues me is that he is also a part-time coach for the Pats. So I guess this guy his breaking down of game tapes and understanding what happens on the field. He is not just a personal guy. 

Head coach: Lovie Smith. Oke, people might think...ugh Lovie? But I believe this is a leader of men, good in managing the team. He just needs to be the face on the sideline. He will have a minimal impact on the personal side and calling plays. Also helps that he has a lot of experience for my young D-coordinator. 

D-coordinator: Rocky Seto. Yes, Baccari Rambo will be coached by Rocky. This guy is young and comes from the most innovative d# in the league. It might be to soon, but I think he might be the mad scientist I look for.  

O-coordinator: Kyle Shanahan. Talking about mad scientists...we already have that one on o. I don't think Kyle is really the probleme because his scheme does get people open. I think we make game managing mistakes and the D just flat out sucks. I still believe he is one of the most innovatie coaches in the league. 

Archived