Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl XLVIII Thread (Post Mortem )

Mr. Sinister

It's no secret that Seattle is an average road team. They were 3-5 on the road last year, and played two tight games vs the Rams.

They aren't frauds. New Orleans is the same. If either of those teams get homefield, its over.

Wilson is 18-6. He's anything but overrated, come on.

As much as I hate to admit it, Joe is right. Wilson is better than our QB. And it's not just the wins. His stats are ridiculous. He even had a 117.9 passer rating tonight, and he's overrated? Lol Smh.

You kidding me right? He didn't play bad, but by no mean did he look good. RG3 took a beaten this season because he has almost no O-Line and has to play from behind. (And yes, he didn't look good in some of those games in which the offense was responsible for fallen behind early)

Wilson looked no different than RG3 when his oline can't block for him.

You kidding me right? He didn't play bad, but by no mean did he look good. RG3 took a beaten this season because he has almost no O-Line and has to play from behind. (And yes, he didn't look good in some of those games in which the offense was responsible for fallen behind early)

Wilson looked no different than RG3 when his oline can't block for him.

Wilson has clearly been better than RG3 this year. He has:

13 TD 4 INT

60% completion rate

99.0 QB rating

7-1 record

1628 Pass Yards

339 Rush Yards

Seriously, you're just being a homer.

Wilson struggles away from home, but so does the Seahawks.

Luck has been better this year, but he hasnt been that good this year either.

Because Kellen Clemens can throw accurate forward passes at least at 55% clip

this Seahawks team is good tho

I will never understand why this stuff bothers fans. Its not you.

Could've fooled me.

The Jets appeared to be good as well, and almost made it to the Superbowl twice before their talent was all sucked into a worm hole, created from too much douchebagery in one locker room at once.

It bothers me because they are supposed to be professional athletes, not teenagers schooling their neighbors in the back yard. Isn't that what they just loveee to preach when a CBA comes around or someone makes the argument that they are overpaid? They're not just athletes, they are businessmen, blah blah blah. If you want to look like professional athletes and not a bunch of thugs and dumb jocks, act like it.

With that bull**** Golden Tate pulled last night, someone needs to take his knee out.  Obviously you can't target guys coming over the middle anymore for retribution, but a nice low block to the knee should take care of that asshole.

**** like that, the penalty should be enforced where the action took place. And makes me want to see somebody helmet to helmet Golden Tate.

That's the rule in college.  They would have taken the score off the board. NFL should adopt that same rule.

Could've fooled me.

The Jets appeared to be good as well, and almost made it to the Superbowl twice before their talent was all sucked into a worm hole, created from too much douchebagery in one locker room at once.

the Seahawks are a better team than the Jets. Got a better QB, better running game, and even a better defense. That secondary is one of the best the NFL has ever seen. They are a legit Super Bowl team and probably the best team in the NFC.

They good, and nothing is wrong with their arrogance. All teams have that, or at least should have it.

It bothers me because they are supposed to be professional athletes, not teenagers schooling their neighbors in the back yard. Isn't that what they just loveee to preach when a CBA comes around or someone makes the argument that they are overpaid? They're not just athletes, they are businessmen, blah blah blah. If you want to look like professional athletes and not a bunch of thugs and dumb jocks, act like it.

they are professional football players. What does the taunting have to do with their ability to play the game which they do very well?

They are a very good football team. They like to talk, but its the job of the other team to shut them up.

With that bull**** Golden Tate pulled last night, someone needs to take his knee out.

this is horse doo doo

That's the rule in college.  They would have taken the score off the board. NFL should adopt that same rule.

its a stupid rule in college too.

Like ive said before, who does that hurt? It seems only fans and media members lose their heads over this. Players settle these things on the field.

Wishing a player gets a career altering injury because your feelings as a fan was hurt is ridiculously over the top.

Nice trollin

have you looked at their numbers or are you just being a blind homer? Wilson has been better than RG3 this season. Its not even worth a debate.

Are they? I haven't really seen anything this year from them that has impressed me besides the SF beat down at home week 2. Recently they have been barely beating terrible teams and their offense has looked down right terrible.

they arent a good away team, but they are great at home. If they can get home field advantage in the NFC, I dont see any team beating them.

They also are missing their two tackles on the Oline which is hampering their offense.

the Seahawks are a better team than the Jets. Got a better QB, better running game, and even a better defense. That secondary is one of the best the NFL has ever seen. They are a legit Super Bowl team and probably the best team in the NFC.

They good, and nothing is wrong with their arrogance. All teams have that, or at least should have it.

they are professional football players. What does the taunting have to do with their ability to play the game which they do very well?

Had you read my post, you would know exactly what my issue is with it. I can't state it any clearer.

As for the comparison, people said the same thing about the Jets. The Jets were a very good team with (what people thought at the time) was a good, young QB, a great defense under Rex Ryan, and one of the best secondaries in the NFL, that could taunt Tom Brady in the media and still win. They went deeper in the playoffs twice than Seattle went last year. It's a legit comparison.

"this is horse doo doo

its a stupid rule in college too."

Back in the old days when players could police themselves, the next time a player went over the middle, he'd get wacked.  Now, you can't hit a defenseless receiver.  So, the next best thing would be to see someone take him out legally on a block below the knees.  If he gets hurt, he gets hurt.  Serves him right. 

It's called sportsmanship and the college rule in place is trying to display that. Taunting and showmanship has gotten WAY out of hand in sports.  It's one thing to have fun, it's another to be unsportsmanlike and disrepectful to your opponent. What he did wasn't having fun, it was being disrespectful to the oppenent and the game.  Would have loved to see him try that **** to Jack Tatum or Ronnie Lott.  He wouldn't get up the next time.

players still get whacked across the middle. This has never changed. We still see big hits every Sunday. And players still police themselves when they have a problem with something.

Sportsmanship is a term for people who get upset over things they cant control.

Tate would not have tried it on Lott or Tatum because Lott, Tatum, Ed Reed, or any great safety of the last 50 years would have covered him.

Taunting is not even close to a big deal. Asking for a player to take out another player's knee because your feelings are hurt, as a fan, is completely over the top.

players still get whacked across the middle. This has never changed. We still see big hits every Sunday. And players still police themselves when they have a problem with something.

Sportsmanship is a term for people who get upset over things they cant control.

Tate would not have tried it on Lott or Tatum because Lott, Tatum, Ed Reed, or any great safety of the last 50 years would have covered him.

Taunting is not even close to a big deal. Asking for a player to take out another player's knee because your feelings are hurt, as a fan, is completely over the top.

I'll keep saying this. Taunting is disrespecting the opponent and the game. Taunting is not having fun and is not part if the game. He would not have done that to Tatum or Lott because he would know better and would have known the consequences. Players can't police themselves because of the over the top flags and fines dished out. He did it because he knew he could get away with it with no repercussions.

What I meant is that Wilson is overrated. RG3 is hurt and struggling right now, but given the competition he faced and his less than stella "defense" and supporting casts, I'd say hes played better than Wilson.

Seattle's defense keeps bailing Wilson out when he struggles I.e. Houston and St. Louis.

Yeah I should have gathered that but had a few drinks last night. :cheers:

Or for people who have respect for one another.

who says they dont?

not only that, do we know what actually lead to Tate taunting? What if the player was being classless to him?

I'll keep saying this. Taunting is disrespecting the opponent and the game. Taunting is not having fun and is not part if the game.

but advocating a player take out another player's knee is?

He would not have done that to Tatum or Lott because he would know better and would have known the consequences.

I think he wouldnt have because Golden Tate is a barely above average WR and those two are -- or should be -- HOFers.

Players can't police themselves because of the over the top flags and fines dished out. He did it because he knew he could get away with it with no repercussions.

players police themselves all the time. Your idea of policing is going for the knees tho.

Taunting, showmanship, etc has been apart of the game forever and at all levels. The problem has always been the media creating a narrative out of something that doesnt matter and fans eating it up.

who says they dont?

Because that's the whole point of sportsmanship! Respecting your fellow players. Lacking sportsmanship means you don't respect your fellow players as competitors. 

At this point we're going in circles. Whatever, I don't care enough to bicker about it. What Tate did was classless, and showed bad sportsmanship.

You don't see a problem with bad sportsmanship, as you have already stated. I do. Other people here do, as well. That means there's a difference in you and I's code of morals and ethics, and not something that is going to be talked out of either of us. So I'm just going to bow out of this conversation and save us both some time.

Because that's the whole point of sportsmanship! Respecting your fellow players. Lacking sportsmanship means you don't respect your fellow players as competitors.

you havent told me how taunting automatically means a lack of sportmanship?

You don't see a problem with bad sportsmanship, as you have already stated. I do. Other people here do, as well. That means there's a difference in you and I's code of morals and ethics, and not something that is going to be talked out of either of us. So I'm just going to bow out of this conversation and save us both some time.

I dont care about bad sportsmanship, as a fan. Im not even sure if it is.

All I care about is how my team is doing or if the game entertains me.

Archived