Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Travelling From Manchester, Uk To 1St Skins Game....

lee_scfc_rule

are you attending the game alone or with a family?

Just want to warn you about common drunk that happens to be each section...  Hopefully it wont ruin your experience but just be prepared for it... 

Other congrats on your first game!!  Its going to be a blast beating the Eagles on Monday Night.

coming from the UK, I can be assured you know your way around drunkenness? lol

There's a "tailgate" thread by pez, directions are there.  There's also a "anything you want to know about FedEx Field" thread, don't forget about the new "clear bag" rule, (thread also on that)...I'm up early & have already downed 3 cups of coffee, haha

Have a great trip! 

Just want to warn you about common drunk that happens to be each section...  Hopefully it wont ruin your experience but just be prepared for it... 

Meh, when it comes to drinking, you guys are lightweights. He'll be prepared. 

I still don't know how anyone gets 'drunk' at a tailgate on that 'soda' you call beer. Must be the placebo effect.  :P

Hail. 

I still don't know how anyone gets 'drunk' at a tailgate on that 'soda' you call beer. Must be the placebo effect.  :P

Hail. 

Remember the Monty Python skit from "Live at the Hollywood Bowl"?

"American beer is like making love in a canoe...****ing close to water."

I like Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout, or Guinness. :D

Hail!

Remember the Monty Python skit from "Live at the Hollywood Bowl"?

"American beer is like making love in a canoe...****ing close to water."

I like Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout, or Guinness. :D

Hail!

:lol: Those guys knew what they where talking about, lol. 

Oh man you'd of loved to of been on the long weekend I was in Dublin a few weeks back then. Guinness has always been an acquired taste to me and always lies heavy on my stomach. But I figured when in Rome and all that so got straight on it Friday afternoon being told it was different and poured properly in Ireland ..... harsh lesson learned. You CAN'T hammer Guinness. Friday evening, I was done. Not on my ass done. But bloated and unable to drink any more and feeling like crap done lol. Made worse as we ended the night in a fantastic bar with the Worlds best Johnny Cash impersonator who had the place absolutely bouncing ..... For the record, I was back in the game Saturday with a great recovery ha ha. But man did that stuff take it out of me the day prior. 

Back to the thread at hand .....

Hail. 

And here I am wanting to get over to the UK for an EPL game (specifically Liverpool - Go Reds!).  Can't wait for tomorrow morning Liverpool v ManUre!

If you are coming to the US for a game are you going to parlay that in to a vacation?  If so, DC would be a great place to visit - free museums, easy transportation with the Metro, etc.  and you would get to enjoy a home crowd/tailgate.

And here I am wanting to get over to the UK for an EPL game (specifically Liverpool - Go Reds!).  Can't wait for tomorrow morning Liverpool v ManUre!

Not the same I appreciate but Liverpool are coming back to the States next summer. 

Roma in Boston (again for some bizarre reason) has been inked and I have it on good authority that they'll  be a game in San Francisco against as yet undecided opposition and probably a third one.

So that's something for fans Stateside to look forward to. 

Hail. 

I'm making the trip over for the Bears game on Oct 20th. However, I'm traveling from Heathrow as I'm from just outside of London. Flights and hotel (Holiday Inn at Rosslyn) booked, just need to sort game tickets.

Oh, and anyone calling American beer "like water" is tragically uneducated ;)

Hail. 

Psssssttt.....

At the ES Tailgate we roll with the premium bourbon/whisky bar. Everything from George T Stagg to our favorite Irish Whisky Redbreast Cask Strenght. How you CAN get drunk will be readily apparent. Self control is paramount!

American Microbrew Beer is amazing now, its arguably the best in the world.  Just try anything from Fort Collins, CO.   Back to the point premium drinks are often no more expensive at FedEx.  I'd stay at Annapolis or somewhere near the water off i50.   I'd also make sure to check out the club level, the premium areas of FedEx are incredibly well appointed. 

I'd prob recommend against staying on the I-270 corridor, NW, Bethesda/Potomac/Tysons, even though its nice, it will take you a while to get to the game, whereas if you stay on the water you get to see a beautiful area of America and it will likely take less time.  I've come from Easton MD and Bethesda and Easton is often faster to FedEx even though its much farther miles wise.

Hail.

Thanks all - loads to mull over. It wont be a family trip, it will be a weekend trip just for the 'skins :) Am in FL in November so was going to get to watch teh Gators too :)

I'm making the trip over for the Bears game on Oct 20th. However, I'm traveling from Heathrow as I'm from just outside of London. Flights and hotel (Holiday Inn at Rosslyn) booked, just need to sort game tickets.

Who you going with pal? Whats your travel plans?

PM if you want....maybe we can sort something out

Hi all

As per the title post, am looking at coming over for my 1st game and wondered whether anyone from the UK wanted to travel also? If not, anyone attanding a game could meet me at say at tailgate?

I can do any game on the road or in Washington, so let me know :)

:)

Bring the Crunchies and Flakes..and it's all good!

Well, I was referencing a movie made in the early 80s, and it was then.  We've come a long way since, but I still prefer your beer. :)

Who you going with pal? Whats your travel plans?

PM if you want....maybe we can sort something out

Taking my Dad with me. It's a surprise for him - outside of the preseason game in '92 at Wembley, he's not seen the Skins live before.

We're flying out from Heathrow on the Friday, flying back the Monday afternoon, so a short trip in all. We'll definitely be joining in with the Extremeskins tailgate on the Sunday, so we could always meet there if that's the game you choose. Tickets are fairly pricey for that game, though - the alternative was the Lions game. Cheaper tickets, but more to spend on flights/accommodation. In the end, other people beat me to those days off, so I didn't have a choice. Should be a cracking game, though.

So Im from Germany.. at least I was raised over here and I can assure u, the drunken people in NFL stadiums are nothin in comparison to European soccer games lol.. those guys are going crazy...

I mean the literally hate the opponents fans and would fight them just because...

My advice would be to go to a home game. I was at FedEx on MNF and was at NY last year for the Giants game.. aint nothin like a home game where nearly everybody wears burgundy and gold

Taking my Dad with me. It's a surprise for him - outside of the preseason game in '92 at Wembley, he's not seen the Skins live before.

We're flying out from Heathrow on the Friday, flying back the Monday afternoon, so a short trip in all. We'll definitely be joining in with the Extremeskins tailgate on the Sunday, so we could always meet there if that's the game you choose. Tickets are fairly pricey for that game, though - the alternative was the Lions game. Cheaper tickets, but more to spend on flights/accommodation. In the end, other people beat me to those days off, so I didn't have a choice. Should be a cracking game, though.

So happy for you & your dad! 

No worries mate - I dont want to intrude so will let you be :)

I will keep this post updated and see if anyone is planning any other games throughout the season.

I can go any game throughout the season and was going to do the Friday till Monday jobby too! Cant wait....if no-one can travel with me I will just say at ES Tailgate with a few British gifts :)

Ok guys am on StubHub looking at the tickets for the Kansas City game - where would you say is the best place to sit for an exile? :) Need it loud and proud....!

Depends on what you're looking for - midfield seats can give a good view all-round and don't rule out the upper-level - you can definitely see what is going on everywhere, including the trajectory of the ball on bombs and punts. Closer to the end-zone you get, the harder it can be to see what's going on at the other end of the field. I'm looking for rows 1-4 in sections 401/454 or the opposite side (428/429?). I had seats further back than this in section 401 when I saw the Skins play the Cards in '08 and had an easy time following the game live. Of course, if you've got the money, up close I imagine can be amazing, especially if the Redskins happen to do a lot of scoring in one endzone! 

If you're going for the lower level, be wary of rows 13 upwards in the 200-level, as explained in this most informative and excellent of threads:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/142397-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-fedexfield/

Thanks all :)

I can't wait - I will most likely be coming over for the Chiefs game TBH

I have an option of a fan (over in the classifieds) for his ticket but I would ideally like to tag along with somebody, whether that be in the UK traveling and meet or just to meet fellow fans and go on the beer on Saturday....then tailgate with ES on the Sunday....

I will bring with me goodies so will be taking requests nearer the time....What stuff do you guys like? Soccer merchandise? Chocolates? :)

Archived