Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CONCACAF Gold Cup. US vs Belize 7/9

Kilmer17

Nice win! I love the way the USNMT is starting to beat teams that they are supposed to beat. The more multiple goal victories, the more new fans this team will attract! Keep it up boys

And....they were not even at full strength, in an almost road game like atmosphere, great win.

Get it boys.

Obvious racist post reported. Prick.

Racist post, where?

Get it boys.

Obvious racist post reported. Prick.

Our flaws in our immigration policy are currently on display, this shouldn't happen.

Knock it off &/or take it to a PM. This isn't worth wasting the Staff's time & attention on. Failure to do so will result in finding somewhere else to waste your time at. ;)

Back on topic there was a lot of hate and calls for Klinsmann to be fired because the team was underachieving. Today's win, which continues to break records, further shows that JK is the best man for this team. Team has won 9 straight and today they just leveled El Salvador without mercy. 

It's not easy to be better than El Tri. But this damn team, as hot as they are playing right now, they are certainly better than El Tri. They are truly sensational and bring great pride and honor to America 

Nothing. Jk called in a team of mostly second team guys he wanted to look at for wcqs and next summer.

I think Goodson,Mix and Corona have earned a spot.

I think Wondo (I am not going to attempt spelling it) has also made the team. I think Beasley has made a case to be the starting left back (I can't believe I just wrote that). I think if Shea and Holden continue to get healthy and improve, they will also make the team.

I dont think Beasley will be our starter at LB next summer in Brazil.  I think it will be Chandler if he's healthy.

My guess at the no injury lineup in Brazil-

Howard

Cherundolo Gonzales Besler Chandler

Donovan Bradley Jones Cameron

Dempsey Altidore

Subs

Guzan Rimando (I'd hope for a youngster though)

Goodson Beasley Parkhurst

Eddie Johnson Diskeruud Zusi Fabian Johnson Holden 

Then 1 of these guys-

Wondo, Agudelo, Gomez (my choice), Shea, Corona, Bedoya

And 1 of these guys-

Orosco, Onyewu, Edu, Beltran, Evans,

I dont think Beasley will be our starter at LB next summer in Brazil.  I think it will be Chandler if he's healthy.

My guess at the no injury lineup in Brazil-

Howard

Cherundolo Gonzales Besler Chandler

Donovan Bradley Jones Cameron

Dempsey Altidore

Subs

Guzan Rimando (I'd hope for a youngster though)

Goodson Beasley Parkhurst

Eddie Johnson Diskeruud Zusi Fabian Johnson Holden 

Then 1 of these guys-

Wondo, Agudelo, Gomez (my choice), Shea, Corona, Bedoya

And 1 of these guys-

Orosco, Onyewu, Edu, Beltran, Evans,

Couple thoughts....

- I think Rimando has earned his spot. Not just from an on field presence, but also what he provides in the locker room. Everything that I hear about states that he is a GEEAT person to have in the locker, and he would also provide more veteran leadership than someone like Sean Johnson or bill hamid.

- I might be a Stuart Holden fanboy, but I can't see him not being in the lineup next summer if healthy. His creativity and ball movement is just too good to keep on the bench. I would like to see more of a 4-5-1 with maybe Dempsey taking over one of the outside mid spots, and Holden moving into an attacking mid role with antidote playing the hold up forward. It's hard to play Dempsey or Holden out wide, but I just think that Holden is too talented not to include in the starting lineup ( this is all contingent on stu being healthy of course)

- I'm not sold as Cameron as a starter. He is a very important utility man that can fill in at several positions, but I don't think he excels enough at a specific position to warrant a start. I would take Zusi, or maybe even Johnson as a starter on the wing instead. Both provide great services from the wing that we need for jozy.

Overal it's hard not to get excited at the way kilnsmann has these guys playing. Albeit it has been against far inferior opponents, they are beating the teams they should be beating. The offense looks more uptempo, and controls more possession than I can remember in the last 10 years.i think he has this team moving in the right direction, and finally putting up consistent offense.

The problem is everything is going to go through Bradley.  And with Donovan as a more attacking player, I have to think that Cameron is a better choice than Holden just because we need more defense at that spot.  I'd be fine with Holden, I just dont think he'll start.  In fact, I think Diskeruuds performance has put him ahead of Holden in the pecking order.  I'll be suprised if Mix doesnt start our next WCQ

I think we have enough leadership without Rimando.  I'd rather use that spot on a young keeper and give them the WC experience for the future.

And I couldnt be happier with the way JK is building the team and how they are playing.  He has expanded the player pool beyond my wildest imagination, and has the team playing aggresive smart soccer.

They could have let up after EJs goal yesterday.  There was no chance EL S was getting another goal.  But they kept the throttle down.

What about Bocanegra? I thought Chandler was a right side player and Fabian Johnson was the leftback of the future? I would like to see Holden regain his pre injury form and play in the middle with Bradley. If they need a more defensive midfielder, I prefer Cameron to Jones. This is what I would like to see:

Howard

Chandler Gonzalez  Besler  Johnson        

Bradley  Holden    

Zusi  Dempsey  Donovan  

Altidore    

I think Chandler is the RB of the future, but as long as Cherundolo is healthy this year, he'll remain there and Chandler can play the LB.

JK loves Jermaine Jones, and the team needs a bruiser in front of the backline,so I dont see anychance he doesnt start.

It's nice to have the choices in midfield that we have.

Bocanegra isnt on the radar right now.  But I wouldnt be suprised if he's back in the mix at some point.  But there are a bunch of young CBs that will probably get looks this late fall and winter. 

Archived