Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

GACOLB you either need to chill out or start popping chill pills

Yeesh dude. You come across so bitter sometimes. It's just sports bruh.

Not one Bulls fan I know is predicting much of anything this season. You're getting mad over what the media says. **** the media. They said the same stuff about the Bulls last season.

The Wizards will be great but they won't be picked to win **** until they actually have some consistency. No they did not look like the better team against Indy. You can't lose in 6 and say you're the better team.

For those that wouldn't deal Wiggins for Love, would you deal Irving for Love?

If the Cavs current situation, no but just in general? Hell yeah

He's on the verge.

That I agree with...possibly

He is not a Superstar for sure. Definitely not.

He is a very good player that could be considered a star, if could shoot better...but not a superstar.

I look at Wall as a young Steve Nash at this point. Once Nash developed his shot he was a superstar. I think he is quicker than Nash, not a better passer though. Certainly more athletic than Nash.

Still not on that Superstar level...and as far as star level...he's right about there, but as far as a well known basketball figure. Ehhh

That's not hate there. I like him, but I think Beal is more valuable.

We didn't have enough in the tank to beat Indy. Nene made a WCF in Denver and Ariza actually beat that Denver team and won a ring with LA IIRC. But nobody else had experienced that kind of big workload deep into a season before.

The Chicago series was bruising and I think it wore us down. The series was hard fought and a lot closer than a 5 game series would have you believe. There was a reason nobody wanted to play Chicago in the first round.

For the first 7 quarters of that series, we were cruising and it looked like it might be a similar situation to what we had just experienced with Chicago. But that big 4th qtr come back for Indy in game two just killed us. We never really got back into the series after that. Indy was the better team and they found their stride when Hibbert came alive in the second game. Before we knew it, we were down 3-1 and aside from a frisky game 5 blowout win, we didn't really have a chance.

You really saw the difference in experience come up big in that series. Talent was fairly even, experience made the difference. Indy was where we were in the 2012 playoffs when they took Miami to six in the conference semis. They had the experience of making a run to the ECF the previous year. They were better at handling the grind of the playoffs and didn't get worn out like we did.

• Like 1

Beal today isn't as good as Wall was his rookie season.

I think Beal is going to be excellent. A perennial All Star and the best all around SG in a league that's weak at the position. He's valuable, but not as valuable as Wall. Wall was the best PG in the East last season and was one of the three best PGs in the league as a whole last year. He's already a star. And as far as value, Wall is the one player the Wizards absolutely can not afford to lose. If they lose Beal this year, they go from being one of the top two or three teams in the East to the tier just below. If they lose Wall they fall deep into the lottery.

Also Kosher, Wall is not really like Nash. Nash was purely a skill based player and Wall's game is predicated on his athleticism and instinctive playmaking ability. Closest comparison of a former player to Wall is Kevin Johnson IMO. But that's not perfect either.

This time next year we'll be talking about how Beal is the best SG in the league and if we can afford giving him a max deal.

Regarding ranking the Eastern teams, I agree with GACOLB that I don't see the hype in the Bulls. Gasol is good sure, but I think people are assuming too much out of Rose again. Until he proves he can play I'm going to assume he can't. That means they still have nobody on the perimeter that scares anyone. And are people really factoring in Doug McDermott? Guy is a mid round pick rookie. Those don't contribute much their rookie years if at all.

I'd have to list the teams like this:

1. Cleveland-Lebron makes them contenders. He's just that good.

2. Washington-Deepest and most balanced roster in the East. Assuming Wall/Beal take another step up in their games.

3. Indiana-Losing Stevenson can be a blessing and a curse. Still a lot of talent there to be a contender in the East.

4. Chicago-They'll try hard their way to ~50 wins and Gasol will give them scoring inside.

5. Toronto-Decent enough team but not good enough to crack the top 4.

6. Charlotte-Stevenson as your best player scares me but they'll improve enough to get out of the 8 seed.

7. Atlanta-Definition of mediocrity.

8. Detroit-Great inside game, could be the next Memphis of the East, but will need some more seasoning.

GACOLB you either need to chill out or start popping chill pills

Yeesh dude. You come across so bitter sometimes. It's just sports bruh.

Says the person taking everything he reads on a Redskins message board seriously. Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Stevenson isn't Charlotte's best player. Al Jefferson is.

I can see the Hornets as high as 3-4 in the east.

Thank you. Was just about to post this.

Not surprised WH posted that though. That's the same guy that said there weren't 5 players he'd trade BEAL for lol smh

Btw, Warhead, we weren't the 8 seed. It's ok, man. You tried.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Thank you. Was just about to post this.

Not surprised WH posted that though. That's the same guy that said there weren't 5 players he'd trade BEAL for lol smh

Btw, Warhead, we weren't the 8 seed. It's ok, man. You tried.

Ok, Stevenson will be your 2nd best player. Either way, you'll need to rely on him to be a big contributor and that worries me. He's just too much of a knucklehead. But he should improve your team, just not enough to crack the top 4 in the East.

8 seed, 7 seed. Whatever. Arguing semantics.

There aren't 5 players in the league I'd trade Beal for. I'm not saying Beal is a top 5 player in the league, but I'm factoring in his: youth, upside, and cheap contract. I expect Beal to blossom into an All-Star this year, possibly the best SG in the league(factoring in Wade and Joe Johnson look done and Kobe is on his last legs, and I'm not as big a fan of Harden who plays no D). Which means we'd have an All-Star SG who has proven he steps up big in the playoffs on a rookie contract. You don't trade someone like that unless it's for like a Durant type player which ain't happening. But then again it's no surprise Bubble Screen doesn't understand this line of reasoning, this is the same guy who still argues in favor of archaic MLB stats like batting average.

How has Indiana improved ?

The Bulls are not much better just because of Gasol. He is on his last leg. Defensively he is a liability. That is not Bulls Basketball.

I could see both of those teams at the bottom of the top 8. Rose is not going to suddenly become superman, same could be said for Kobe.

The Hornets are not concerned with Lance and his antics. They went after him because he is so aggressive and competitive.

Think...Rodman mentality.

Crazy, but really good.

Gasol is taking Boozers spot and is better than boozer. Bulls were top two defensively with Boozer starting. They'll be fine with Gasol. Gibson, Noah, And Butler will be finishing games defensively. I'll live with that any day of the week

Besides that, the team on paper is 10x better than the squad last year that nearly won 50 games even if you think Rose's knees will melt during warm ups of the first game.

They have guys that can actually ya know....shoot the ball now. Last season, they had 2?? Dunleavy and Augustin? Mirotic and McDermott shoot. Regardless if they are rookies, knocking down open jump shots will translate immediately. Anything else is icing on the cake. Mirotic can develop his Dirk skills as time wears on

I'm not thinking about a title or anything like that , the team will be entertaining which is good enough for me considering our only real chance of that was Jedi mind tricking Melo

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Not to be a jerk, but the Bulls roster is not impressive to me.

Noah is not a scorer. Again...think Rodman.

Gasol is not healthy...ehh, think Wade.

I just don't see it. Who is the leader ?

Leader in terms of what??

The on court leaders are Noah and Gibson.

If you're trying to ask who's the guy that takes the last shot, it's Rose. However that's not a leader in my book.

It's still a defense first team. That's fine. Offense is better than it was last season and that's all I could realistically ask for. They just added Aaron Brooks in the DJ Augustin restoration PG role as well

I've said in this very thread that I don't agree with a lot of the early love the team is getting in media but I'm 100% sure they'll finish in the top 4.

I'll take that roster over anyone's but WSH and CLE (only cuz of the android)

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Sort of but to be fair, Kemba has alot of pressure on him.

Not many scoring options on that team.

This.

He often ends up having to chuck up bad shots at the end of the shot clock, because of the lack of other scoring options. Dell Curry, one of their announcers, talks about this all the time. Says it's why his shooting % is so low.

Things 'should' be a little better in that area now, but we'll see.

He's a good young player but I don't think his ceiling is very high.

Honestly, I think his lack of size hurts him more than anything.

Please....

That was sarcasm, given how many Wiz fans have a penchant for overrating their players. Edited by Bubble Screen
  • Like 1

If you're trying to ask who's the guy that takes the last shot, it's Rose. However that's not a leader in my book.

It's still a defense first team. That's fine. Offense is better than it was last season and that's all I could realistically ask for. They just added Aaron Brooks in the DJ Augustin restoration PG role as well

I've said in this very thread that I don't agree with a lot of the early love the team is getting in media but I'm 100% sure they'll finish in the top 4.

Neither Noah or Gibson are leaders. Those guys are role players. Not role models for overall development/growth.

Same as many former Lakers. Including Gasol, Worthy, Rodman at that point, Nash at that point, Malone at that point, etc.

Aaron Brooks is a role player. Who is the star and who is the leader ?

In LA Shaq was the leader and lost that to Kobe.

In DC Arenas was the leader for a time before he screwed up.

This doesn't come across typing it as well because I am doing 3 things at once.

The lingering issue remains...Derrick Rose. I do not think he will ever be even close to the player he was.

Your roster is every bit as good as those teams.

If not for the King, you'd be the clear-cut favorite in the East.